Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam mouse problem...

Options
  • 27-03-2004 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I've got a Logitech mx700 wireless optical mouse, I have the two side buttons set to 'go prone' and 'primary weapon'... Whenever I start a game they work fine, but every second or third map they don't work, then a few maps later they suddenly start working again... The two main mouse buttons and scroll wheel always work. I've got the most up to date drivers, and even tried using the Windows generic drivers, but it still happens. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I'm not keen on wireless mouses (mice) :confused:

I think because its wireless may be the route of your prob. although I have a wireless stick I notice at times its slow to activate. Also I find it better to use th ethumb button for crouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

I had the thumb button set to crouch intitially, but I couldn't get used to it, use 'Left Ctrl' now...
    It's my first wireless mouse, I'm not too sure if I like it or not, but this problem is driving me nuts, nothing worse than hitting the 'go prone' button when the enemy is about to cap you, only for it not to work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I've got a MX 700 too and I've never noticed any of the problems you described but I haven't got the chance to give it a hardcore going over yet (I think DarkSide Lan will be my next good oppertunity :) ) but I'll let you know if I notice any problems.

Oh and you mention drivers, I'd stay away from the logitech drivers for start I've always found them very dodgy.

Karma, have you used a MX700? I think you might change your mind about wireless mice if you haven't :) 700's are teh win.

Advertisement