Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairgain/Split Line ?

• 27-03-2004 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

I've ordered broadband from IOL at my family home, as it works out cheaper/as cheap to pay for broadband as a second line for internet access. However when I was in the attic checking the line where it comes into the house I noticed that there is just one line (4 wires) and that this was then split in two for the two seperate telephone lines, (ie. two wires for one number, tthe other two for the secondary house number).
    Is this what is known as a split line/pairgain and will it affect my ability to pass the pre-qual?

By the way I have searched and found several threads about pairgains but I could find no physical description of one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by WizZard
    I noticed that there is just one line (4 wires) and that this was then split in two for the two seperate telephone lines, (ie. two wires for one number, tthe other two for the secondary house number).
    Is this what is known as a split line/pairgain and will it affect my ability to pass the pre-qual?

No
    each pair is a circuit. ...however the pairgain would be outside the house.

Advertisement