Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green patches on TV-Caused by Consoles/PC?

Options
  • 27-03-2004 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have green patches showing up on my widescreen TV. They can be seen as a kind of silouhette thorugh other images on screen. It's like they are burned into the image. Does anybody know how to get rid of this easily without having to bring it ot be repaired or anything like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I presumed that you are watching an avi file from your pc? You need to download ffdshow. That will solve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

No I'm not. You presumed wrong! Only jokin but no thats not my problem at all. My sitting room television has 1 or 2 green colour patches. I use an XBOX, PS2 and my PC on my Television. I do know that one of these caused the green colour to appear. My problem is getting rid of it. Is this possible? It is really annoying when watching Tele. I don't really notice it playing games or watching DVDS but watching TV stations, it sticks out a mile. Please help :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

is it the same kind of green mark you get from magnets?
    check if there's any large speakers near the TV?
    oddly, i think our big TV is getting the green marks from its own INTERNAL speakers (slight green border). which probably shouldnt happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If the patches are caused by magnetic interference or the close proximity of a magnetic field to the TV i.e. Power Supplies - Speakers etc, the the degaussing circuit in the TV should take care of it. Sometimes though the "infection" can be so bad that the one pulse method of the circuit can be insufficient to cure it.

Another problem is that many people do not switch the power to the TV OFF instead favouring to leave it in standby.

If this is magnetic interference then try this.

Turn of the supply to the TV.
    Remove any sources of magnetism within 2 feet of the TV.
    After about 15 mins turn on the TV.
    If the problem remains but is slightly improved repeat the procedure.

The reason for the time delay is that the degausing circuit contains a varistor that increases resistance with temperature. Quickly switching the set off and on will not allow it enough time to cool down.

If - still assuming magnetic interference - this still does not improve things then a visit to a TV repair shop is needed. The technician will have a more powerfull version of the degaussing coil that should solve the problem.

/edit. The the green patches stay in the one place or do they move depending on picture content ?? /edit
    tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Way to dig up old posts ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement