Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge of the UTV Proxy

• 27-03-2004 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

As if we didn't have enough to say about UTV....

The damn proxy issue seems to have re-arisen for me. Can't access Hotmail, either through Outlook, or directly though the site.

Enable the wretched proxy, and hey presto, instant access. Furthermore, I haven't been able to sucessfully download any mail from my normal Eircom.net account, with or without the proxy on.

This problem was resolved about 1 month ago, can't believe its back....

Any other users having similar problems?

..... Have tried posting to UTV support newsgroup, but can't upload or download any stuff at the moment, even with the proxy on.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Problems accessing eircom email on UTV here as well. It gets as far as downloading message 1 of X, then the bar never moves. I've telnetted into the mail server and seen that the mails are not large. i've also deleted the emails there to clear the server, and then sent myself a test mail, and it got through fine, but once another message appeared on the mail server, i was again unable to download. very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

not of much help to ye I know , but I am with UTV and have an eircom e-mail address and outlook downloaded my mail no problem last night or this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I'm having the same problems as Balfa with email on Clicksilver. When are they gonna get there service working properly??????

Martin of UTV is trying to solve this on the newsgroup , I am sure any extra info posted there would help and be apriciated .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I find swapping between 195.218.116.8 port 3128 and 194.46.8.9 port 8080 seems to help at times if the connection locks up.

The 195 number seems to be the more reliable of the two. Don't know if this is the case for everyone else though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Originally posted by jonski
    Martin of UTV is trying to solve this on the newsgroup , I am sure any extra info posted there would help and be apriciated .

There is a thread relating to this on the newsgroup alright, but UTV haven't replied to it at all. :(

Originally posted by ArthurG
    There is a thread relating to this on the newsgroup alright, but UTV haven't replied to it at all. :(

Its the thread called " and gone again " martin has posted in there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭solaris

Originally posted by Balfa
    Problems accessing eircom email on UTV here as well. It gets as far as downloading message 1 of X, then the bar never moves. I've telnetted into the mail server and seen that the mails are not large. i've also deleted the emails there to clear the server, and then sent myself a test mail, and it got through fine, but once another message appeared on the mail server, i was again unable to download. very strange

I've had the same problem with eircom and oceanfree pop3 mail since yesterday. It connects, checks how many mails are waiting, and then hangs trying to download the first one.

Originally posted by jonski
    Its the thread called " and gone again " martin has posted in there .

Aha! Thanks, hadn't trawled all the way down througn that particular one....

Bah!

Unable to access www.apple.com, www.hotmail.com, www.ign.com, www.amazon.co.uk and so on.

:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement