Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry Sound Issues!

Options
  • 27-03-2004 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any issues with the Far Cry sound. Sound has caused the game to crash several times. There is a slow build up with inteference then the whole machine crashes. The only way i've been able to make the game more stable is to disable eax in the creative software and in far cry itself but there is still a bit of inteference every 30 seconds or so. I'm using the latest creative audigy drivers and ltes nvidia drivers. My setup is win2000 SP4,AMD xp2500, 1gb ram, 128mb Cretive FX5600 Ultra graphics card, Creative Audiology2 sound with a 7.1 speaker setup. I'm running the game on medium settings for both sound and graphics. I've updated with the 1.1 patch but still no improvement. Anyone experiencing any of these problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

No probs with Audigy 2 here. Far Cry music and sound fx are crystal clear with no pink/white noise at all. I have audio settings on High performance, why use medium when you have an audigy2?

You could try the KXP drivers and see if that helps:
    http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

Lots of people find them much better than the Creative drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im having the same problem it kinda builds up over 20min, till its really loud:

P4 2.4@3.2
    1GB Corsair
    XP Pro
    Creative GF3 Ti200 (64Mb) (waiting for half life:D)
    Creative Audigy 2

I mainly use my earphones, or my 6.1 cinema system, if the housemates are gone out!

I enabled hardware mixing and had a fiddle around and it didnt come back after an hour playing, i havnt tried it since because im at work.

I might try those other drivers?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Are you using the v1.1 patch , or the original version? Its a hefty 26MB, but its supposed to solve these issues.

Ill update when i get home, but it doesnt say anyting about soudn problems? also talla said in his first post that he has the patch?

Ill see if its still bad when i get home.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

strange i got it sorted. I was using an ps/2 keyboard, batteries were gone in wireless keyboard. I bought batteries yesterday for the wireless keyboard, disconnected the ps/2 keyboard and no more sound issues. The ps/2 keyboard must of been shorting something out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I noticed that a conversation I was listening to with the binoculars was a bit muffled, but earlier in the game (when the boss was shouting at the guy) was OK... are they sound issues or can I go on w/o the patch?

I actually think it was other apps running in the background, i had a few torrents going. Then yesterday i was actaully doing some benchmarking and had just the bare min running and after i played the game for a few hours and it was perfect.

Strange?

The sound actually is amazing in this game.

Advertisement