Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst ever signing .

• 27-03-2004 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭

After seeing all the threads in the soccer forum about houlier and fergusons and the worst ever signings .
    What is your worst Championship Manager (preferbly 03/04 ) signing .

Mine is £250k for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink from Chelsea to Cardiff , he was piss poor .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Worst signing ever has to be Kim Kallstrom!! He was useless, never got above a 6 rating.
    Was thanking my lucky stars when i sold him for 6 million!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Im no superman
    Worst signing ever has to be Kim Kallstrom!! He was useless, never got above a 6 rating.

exactly. only i sold him to wba for a loss :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

With Cm4 he was a flop for me too . Good thing i only paid 3.7 million :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I only got him on loan, but Joey Barton. Sent off for kicking a player on his debut, then in his fourth game, with an average rating of 5.60, he got sent off again for pushing a player after 35 mins when my team was already a man and a goal down.

Terminated his loan contract immediately after, he won't be missed.

Unrelated, but i ****ing HATE Gary Neville, the dirty cheating bastard. 2 minutes into my match against United and he injures my star player. Model Professional my ****ing hole.

oh, and who could forget Jesper Gronkjaer, Man Utd's world class left winger :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kluivert, paid about 25million for him, the knob jockey scored only 15 goals in 2 seasons, cost me fortune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Ivan Pelizzoli(goalkeeper). Worst signing ever. I paid £7.5million for him to play for Fulham, we've played 7 league games, and already he has let in 11 goals. In one match I was winning 3-1 in half time, and full time we drew 3-3. ARGGGGGH! And in the recent match against Birmingham he let in yet again another 3 goals, we lost 3-1. **** SAKES!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Worst signing ever!

[Edit] Also, I had enough confidence in this keeper that I even sold Edwin Van Der Sar. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kallstrom. cost me €5m and his average rating is 6.xx

farnerud is also a bloody flop compared to CM4.

klompe I got on a bosman...good attributes for a DC but god he playes **** most of the time.
    I end up playing John Welsh beside Hyypia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Farnerud and Kallstrom are both crap compared to CM4.
    Kallstrom especially.

In CM4 worst signing was Hugo Viana. Waste of space. Averaged about a high 5 or low 6. Couldn't even sell him on them.

Kluivert, paid about 25million for him, the knob jockey scored only 15 goals in 2 seasons, cost me fortune!

He is totally over rated in the game. He's too good. I dunno how he plays with other teams but he's pretty damn good with Barca. 4th string striker (Ronaldinho, Saviola, Samba) and he still gets me about 20 goals a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Makaveli
    He is totally over rated in the game. He's too good.

but he always has been. in the past few versions he's been quite the striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah that's what I meant, what I should have said was he's always been over-rated in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭hjr

Just after updating my cm4 with the update patch, but now I cant afford players like cole and duff cos of f*****g chelsea the rich b*******s. Anyone know of any players which are still cheapish. Used to buy kanute who would score 40+ a season but now tottenham won't sell him!! Playing as liverpool with 12m to spend, already spent 8m buying mexes and arteta. need a striker and maybe a midfielder. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MisterT

Kapo and/or Tiago, bought for a combined €17m... Kapo was bought as a replacement for Kewell and Tiago was meant to be a good stand in for Gerrard but didn't really live up to it...

Just bought Kasper Schmeichel from Man City for 2.5 so we might have another one...

Supat Rungratsamee.

That kid is a bloody legend for 1st division and below.. and with proper experience, he's great in perimer league too. :)

AND HE'S ONLY 15 WHEN THE GAME STARTS! In my first season at Hull City (3rd Div) and he got 43 goals in 36 appearances. \o/

Originally posted by DRakE
    Supat Rungratsamee.

That kid is a bloody legend for 1st division and below.. and with proper experience, he's great in perimer league too. :)

AND HE'S ONLY 15 WHEN THE GAME STARTS! In my first season at Hull City (3rd Div) and he got 43 goals in 36 appearances. \o/
    Wrong thread alan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Michael Owen. I had bought him for my Carlisle team for 15m only for him to retire through injury before he had played any competitive games! :mad:

He was only 26 at the time.

It was infuriating at the time, but, with hindsight, I realised it's little things like this that makes the game so great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Did you get an insurance pay out? I remember they used to do insurance pay outs before. I signed Ronaldinho back in the CM3 days for about £20m but he ended up retiring after a couple of cruciates in a row got about £10m off the insurers.

Worst CM4 signing has to be Tieme Klompe his stats are amazing, hes left footed all good but he then plays like an absolute fucktard 5. something average. I couldn't believe it and he cost about £3m too which was most of my West Ham transfer kitty. Bold Tieme, bold.

Originally posted by kaids
    Wrong thread alan...

oopsie :)

Patricio Perez from Velez, cost £10m, still hasn't started a game due to being injured for 8 months (3 + 5). He's young though, still plenty of time.

James Milner for £16m, great stats but he's too slow for a winger, and my £3m Brazillian winger is keeping him out of the keep. blugh :(

my £3m Brazillian winger is keeping him out of the keep. blugh :(

who might that be?

• Advertisement

Toró, AM/FRC, starts playing for Fluminese. Milner got back into the team eventually, they are both as equally average as each other :(

is keeping him out of the keep.
    er... out of the team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

ronaldinho - £15million PSG to Nottm Forest- left on a free after 2 years, only played about 30 times - averaged barley above 7. I just don't know how to use FLC's!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Lee Bowyer on a free transfer but big wages to Division 1 Side Portsmouth. Averaged 5.67 and was a yellow card magnet .. Eventually got rid of him for 600K to WBA a year later

Advertisement