Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitty 199?- 2004 RIP

• 27-03-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I took our cat down the vet centre a few mins ago to be put to sleep, she's been in poor health for a while due to
    getting a chill a few months back and a heart murmur. By the end she could'nt walk really as her back legs had given up and she was'nt eating to speak of. Her breathing was very hard and the heart rate was high so it was only going to end one way.

Feeling a bit depressed dispite it being the nth time I've been through this a child and adult.... :(

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

That's the horrible thing about pets, isn't it? It's so sad when a much-loved animal dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I feel your pain mike!

I had to bury my bunny about a month ago. I don't know what it is with pets, but I found it harder burying her than any of my relatives :(

/pines for chewy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Adam 3000

i think it may be something to do with their inability to speak... sounds wierd, but in my situation (my dog has cancer) id love for her to be able to tell me what she wants, if she was uncomfortable if she wanted to be put to sleep or if she wanted to carry on until it happened naturally.
    also the inability to properly say goodbye... some people may think its stupid, but when an animal is like a part of your family for a while (or even not very long) its not easy to let them go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I'm sorry to hear that Mike, it's a horrible situation to be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Adam 3000
    i think it may be something to do with their inability to speak... sounds wierd, but in my situation (my dog has cancer) id love for her to be able to tell me what she wants, if she was uncomfortable if she wanted to be put to sleep or if she wanted to carry on until it happened naturally.

Exactly, she would lie there competely still, her eyes wide open. You knew she was'nt happy but I could'nt ask and she could'nt say. It made things seem much worse.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement