Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN BB pre qual fail, don't lose hope!

• 27-03-2004 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all,

You guys may remember that I have been having problems with the pre-qual test failing my ISDN line.

I tried getting onto various depts in Eircom for several months without any luck.

Finally I decided to down grade my ISDN and see if the helped.

Within one month of downgrade my line now PASSES :)

So If you have ISDN and fail the line test, ignore Eircoms advice and downgrade your line!

Grayarea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

they said they'd downgrade the line and install BB for €190 (IOL) / €225 (eircom)...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

If you get the line dowgraded yourself (€24) and then get the self install kit (€99), you could save yourself some money.

Grayarea.

The problem there would mean I'd end up net-less for some time. I don't have a 56k modem on this computer, and even if I did I don't want to go back to my 16800kbps days...ever.

Your line does fail with ISDN does it?

Who with a failing line suggested a downgrade?

I spent months talking to Eircom, and with a fail test they were not interested in talking to me!

Grayarea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Apparently,

The System eircom use to test lines is for normal lines ONLY, if you have isdn it sends back an bad signal and therefore fails the line.

Thats according to someone i know thats doing contract work for €ircon.

It would explain why dads fax line passed when his isdn (which is a brand spanking new line to the exchange (15 foot to the excange from the building)...

A bunch of wallys.

In many cases in europe if you have ISDN your line will have a better pass rate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Failed with ISDN (well failed RADSL but passed ADSL from Esat) but passed both when i got the ISDN removed.

Got Adsl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

I must get around to un-subscribing from the isdn line, and get adsl :)

Originally posted by Grayarea
    Your line does fail with ISDN does it?

Nope, the line passed according to a girl from Eircom, and she was trying to push it (BB) to me - "We can install everything for you from the first of march, we'll take your booking now and it'll be installed after 14 days from March 1st"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I have ISDN on my line and it always passed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i had isdn so i had to downgrade 30 € and then u have to wait till ur exchange updates all the information then ull see ull pass the online test give it about a week then ring eircom bb or iol bb dont order online takes ages and then ull recieve ur kit and work away ........ you can get it i know ................ i was told i had no chance but now ! i have it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Thought they only do the line tests once a month and therefore have to wait a month before its updated? What happened to the new line i got in here.

My test went to pass in less than a month(two weeks), I suppose it depends on the date they test.

Grayarea.

Advertisement