Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB - Slow as a snail today???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

A reply from Esat

Had to escalate and rush thru capacity expansion with eircom today, more
    bandwidth is now on order as well to deal with the upsurge in activity....

Thanks for writing and flagging it to me, sorry I didn t catch it sooner, it
    was in train but should have happened quicker

Rgds
    Bill
    Murphy(head Honcho at esat)
    and followed yesterday with...

R

We still might be having issues, trying to push thru even more capacity..

Rgds
    Bill
    So it looks like another week or so of crappyness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Lenny, while you have Bills attention now ask him will everyone get 2 weeks free of IOLBB over all these issues. Telling him you are enquiring on behalff of all the users of Boards.ie

Remind him that Boards.ie has 10,000+ members so it might be good PR.

ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Well i gave esat a bell today and they said that there will be some time of a patchy service as half on the network will be down as the other half is getting updated or someting of that nature bascially the wrok going on he said is to give me my contention ratio. also said that coz iam on bbplus when it is up and running may experience times where i can get up to 600kpbs. To be honest i dont know what to believe but sounds good

Bu11et_Proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Bu11et_Proof
    also said that coz iam on bbplus when it is up and running may experience times where i can get up to 600kpbs.
    Personally I'd settle for 512kbps ALL of the time rather then 600kbps SOME of the time i.e. when we are lucky enough to be let on the god damn net:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

but you have to remember ... we're not actually being disconnected as our adsl line is still up

it's just our acutal internet connectoin gets terminated to "refresh" the servers.

how ****ing convenient for the legal team eh? we're left with **** service and dont have a leg to stand on as we've never been disconnected (except during 'extreme' circumstances)

that's basically a quote from the guy i was talking to two days ago.

****ers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Bu11et_Proof
    also said that coz iam on bbplus when it is up and running may experience times where i can get up to 600kpbs. To be honest i dont know what to believe but sounds good

Bu11et_Proof

Trouble is on the days you get the 600kpbs connection you will be far too busy watching the pigs flying overheard to use your computer!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

surprise surprise, pings gone tits up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

had to pick the easter break didn't ya's esat :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Unexpected

Downloads and surfing is perfect.

Pings are a ****up. Hopefully this is a good sign. Hopefully.

For the love of God, let there be HOPE!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Unexpected
    Downloads and surfing is perfect.

Pings are a ****up. Hopefully this is a good sign. Hopefully.

For the love of God, let there be HOPE!!!

and bandwidth and extra capacity............................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

well i'd value a reliable service more than a higher download cap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Its great having to play clan games with this kinda service.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Yet another e-mail from Bill and phone call from his PA no less this morning.Yes its all gone tits up for some users(seemingly even people connected to same exchange are not all having problems)I can vouch for this.they mentioned something about bab or some technical waffle.Anyway I expressed Boards user dismay at the service and was promised a return call by tomorrow with hopefully some answers or credit

Will keep you informed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

im getting between 30-50 pings to boards..
    definetly an improvement on this time last night..

<edit>
    bah! spoke too soon..
    pings back up to 180ish
    </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Chad ghostal
    <edit>
    bah! spoke too soon..
    pings back up to 180ish
    </edit>
    Yep me too...
    Checked my pings a few minutes ago and was all like "wooo!", then as soon as I load up a game ; ker'plunk back up to 180... this sucks bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

<old raspy hick voice>
    all i want is one game. .
    Can't ya just gimme one (lag free) game doc>??
    *sob*...
    </old raspy hick voice>

this blows.. as soon as im forced to live around this jerkass 9-5 routine, everything gets messed up>.

*_*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

me too, this is crap!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I had perfect pings and then when I checked them a short while ago it was back up to 200 or so again. I didn't even get disconnected this time.

I'd almost prefer to be disconnected so that I know I've got **** pings rather than a sly little change in the backround that I don't notice while I'm distracted by other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

my connection was fine just a while ago also . ffs every time i want a bloody game it goes to crap . always near 9pm 2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Yeah same here ive been wanting a game of cs for ages now and i really cant be arsed with a ping of 180.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

are the pings/download rate the same on 48:1 and 24:1 packages?
    I'm on 48:1 (Clicksilver) and I'm getting ~180-220 pings and download rate of ~150-180kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

Everything is perfect except for pings. such a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

This is stupid! I'm going away now till Thursday, I'm virtually praying for good pings by then! Simple pleasures such as a nice game of CS are impossible with this shít. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just pinged boards

30ms average im happy with that for now . the real test will come at 9pm when everyone turns on there bloody pcs .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Again...for the love of god...it is not contention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I've had problems all times of the day and night, i've downloaded files at 8 or 9pm and got 53K downstream. An hour later i could get a quarter of that...it's nothing to do with contention.

I've been online at 4 in the morning and had problems opening web pages and sub 56K modem speeds.

It's not contention, say it with me....IT'S NOT CONTENTION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

It's not contention. It's a network node failure...or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Unexpected

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    It's not contention. It's a network node failure...or something.

I think it is. I can get sub 30ms pings to boards.ie before 8pm and then bam 170+. Its a ****ing joke. We can argue till the cows come home what it COULD be but will this be fixed?

It is so bloody annoying. A frustration every ****ing night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

From UTV Newsgroups
    Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:28:32
    The latest info we have is that the necessary work is being carried out tonight and tomorrow and that should be the issue completely sorted.
    I really want to post a fuller explanation, but I've been asked not to due to certain NDA's in place.

Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

Is this only affecting your ping for games and such cause its also for my downloads, I start the download just goes down to 0b/s and i get connection reset by server all the time now

Advertisement