Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lineage 2 open beta starts tonight

• 27-03-2004 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

http://www.lineage2.com/
    On March 24, NCsoft revealed its plans for Open Beta testing for Lineage II. The biggest news was the non-deletion of Open Beta characters, so that players can continue playing their Open Beta characters into commercial launch!
    the download for the game client is about 1.1 GB and theres some updates too... not sure how many after the prelude. the game has a lot of potential but it's best played in a party system since its always more fun.

a bunch of us are going dark characters only... see you on prelude untill World of Worcraft :)

adnans

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

good dl location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i tried downloading it but looks like everyone in the world is trying to download the client from their site, the download rate is pretty much 0. is there anywhere else I can get the client for this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

pvp whore!

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    pvp whore!

this is true,
    but atm its more like an anti-boredom whore. I'm bored out of my wits atm, since becoming disenchanted with SWG. Sick of playing the footman wars mod for WC 3 for like the 5000th time. Lineage 2 looks like a better version of LoM and with proper PvP so should be fun to check out :D.

Anyways I need some way to unwind after spending all day at the rotunda. Though I need to start doing some serious studying for the next 3 weeks atleast, then a short break and then even more serious studying for 4 more weeks before my last ever summer holidays lol.

not to mention my gf has ****ed off to england for the next 3 weeks so no fun there either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Its on suprnova

• Advertisement

whats suprnova?

okay i checked suprnova.org couldn't find the file, they only seem to have a "gameplay" movie. A link would be appreciated

torrent on suprnova is forked, I got myself a fileplanet subscribers login anyway, so I'm sorted.

I downloaded it last night, am installing it now. :) So fnar, and indeed, fnar.

Teeth.

Motherfudging updates takes ageessss

• Advertisement

I downloaded it today while I was at hospital. Installing it now :)

installed and updated, but having trouble logging in atm. 2 tries so far :)
    anything i need to know about logging in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Fileplanet and blueyonder and tiscali have it

It's all installed and updated, and I've signed up on their website.. but they haven't sent me a reg code yet. I applied for one this morning but no luck yet. :(

Teeth.

ya takes about 24 hours to get a reg code. Make sure u click the "submit" button to get the reg code and don't just hit "enter" on the keyboard, make sure u get a CONFIRMATION that the code is being sent after u hit the submit button.

It seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to log into the game though, as it looks like the servers are maxed out. Prolly works better when the yanks are asleep though. lucky for you teethy u all day player no working whore. I'll be in hospital, but i might get home by 3pm tomorrow :D

Bah, they should have said somewhere that it took that long.. I would have applied for one before I started the download. Oh well.

Teeth.

well the game just went beta, so u can guess how many ppl are registering and downloading at once, prolly why there is a backlog, also why we can't get onto the server at prime time.
    as each server can only take like 15k ppl and defo more than 45k ppl are trying to play this game it seems

I played it for a little while today, the only server I could connect to was called 'Bartz' or something. The game feels like a 3D legend of mir.. you can only choose from fighter or mystic to start from so most of the players of the same race look the same right now. It's very PVP-oriented! I had my first kill like 2 minutes after I logged in for the first time. The guys with the red names seem very persecuted around the newbie areas - though I guess a high level pvper would kill everyone, no idea what controls or limitations are in place to prevent that.

The control method is a bit weird, very diablo/mir clicky-clicky everywhere-ish which I'm not a fan of being an FPSer at heart. :)

I started off as a Dark Elf so I can't really comment on the graphics! Everything's very.. err dark where I am.

Teeth.

Having played legend of Mir extensively, I will point out that Teethy's assessment of the game is pretty close to the truth.

This game is essentially Legend of Mir, however with significant improvements.

At first glance the spells/skills are much improved with greater depth and variety compared to Mir
    Better graphics
    Better devs they are actually fixing/balancing stuff as they go along which is great
    There will be 7 controllable cities instead of the 1 in LoM

but if u didn't like LoM u prolly won't like this in the long run :)

I like this game so far, its simple and fun for me.
    I can't decide weather to be an archer or a tank though :D

btw teethy what server u playing on and whats ur char name? I'm playing on Siege as Klazie :)

I think i'll play a tank in this game as I haven't played a tank for much in any mmorpg. I made one of my chars MasterSwords/Fencer/Brawler in SWG at the end, but SWG was boring at that stage already. L2 is fun so far but then so are most games that are new. But the graphics are sooo sweet I have to say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

i'm on siege too. L5 dark elf spell caster quozl. Good craic so far. I much prefere the EQ fps style to all the pointing/clicking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

There is talk about wasd controls

I'm sure Clay and the lads at DNC will start playing this as well as they loved LoM. Unforunately the EURO dev's ruined Lom, I don't think NCSoft will be so calous

I made a Dark Elf mage on Sieg called 'StrangeL'. I can't figure out how you send tells heh.. and I'm stuck on the newbie quest. Some guy asked me to deliver some blood or something to someone else in another village, but when I got there I had forgotten the guys name, and there was no quest listed in my character sheet, or quest item.. so I don't know if I managed to complete it somehow without noticing (in which case where's my reward! boo!) or if it's just bugged..

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

lol the exact same thing happened to me. it disappeared from my quest list, but theres still a yellow dot in near the town, so i think it's active. Just I can't find my way to the yellow dot. I was searching but then the servers went down for maintenance.

No idea about how to send tells yet, i'm still at the wandering around cluelessly stage. Only played about 2 hours of it so far.

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Open Beta is a joke.

Thry didn't expect so many sign ups, and the 3 servers are all way over populated, and always down. I remember playing on one server, there was like 5 people per mob or something daft.

They fixed the servers yesterday and 10 minutes later they brought them down again.

The servers are back up now, no lag or anything, or, except for one thing, NPC's and mobs haven't popped.

Well in.

I've been having a lot of fun myself... the servers aren't that hard to get into once you get the hang of it.. and since its beta downtime is to be expected. I've gotten to level 12 so far and it seems like a lot of fun :)

Doing the sentinal sword quest now..

i think we should all play on one server start a guild at some stage, Siege server is a good idea since it seems to have a decent few EU players on it. If ur char is just level 5 or somethign and u only put a couple of hours into it, it should be no big deal 2 move :)

I've got to level 5 nuking wolves and things around the newbie area, I was getting terrible lag earlier so I disconnected. To send a tell to something you use " followed by the name and message, so:

"Klazie you suck

Teeth.

I played a good bit yesterday afternoon, no lag or anything. Once you get to level 9/10 do the spore quest - u get 2k cash each time, and you'll also end up exping which is great. Also at lvl 10 do the sunset quest that will give u a good sword/staff, that ppl are selling for 15-20 k lol.

lineage.warcry.com has all the quest details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hmm I cant seem to download the file off that site but am keen to play , any ideas?

some ppl have suggested bit-torrent, but i was able to download it from the site at the end... DNC also have it so u could ask em to burn it, though its a 1 gig file so it won't fit one 1 cd, but maybe they could find a way to split it or something i dunno :)

Have a 15 Human Fighter on Erica now, I like it, despite having to wait a week to play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Are new people being accepted still?. I applied for a code 3 or 4 days ago and still nothing. :confused:

they did announce that they slowed down the rate of accepting new ppl. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Originally posted by ArthurG
    Are new people being accepted still?. I applied for a code 3 or 4 days ago and still nothing. :confused:

did you get your serial number? i e-mailed them yesterday.

• Advertisement

I applied about a week ago, still nothing.... BFV is keeping me amused though.

they have stopped accepting new people, however theres 3 new servers going up next week so they might give some out again when they go up.

Originally posted by Trebor
    did you get your serial number? i e-mailed them yesterday.

Nothing - its been a week now. If they aren't accepting new people as Cina says, I wish they'd stop accepting requests then!. Maybe next week when the new servers are up though....

Whoops - email was downloading as I was typing this, just got my serial.....

Originally posted by ArthurG
    Whoops - email was downloading as I was typing this, just got my serial.....

lucky sod :D i will get mine next week when i go back to school i bet :(

Aargh!

Now I need a 'validation code' - seems to be different to the serial, requested it an hour ago and nothing in mail!!!

Even worse, I waited to download the client until I had the serial, and the server just reset after the first 100megs. AARRGGHH.

• Advertisement

I got my serial key , entered it.....now I have to wait for verification mail..." only takes 1 minute " its been 45 already....

this beta is a sham.

Finally in, and oh my, it's so beautiful.

Im in too....bit boring...Im level 6 and still using the same skill from lvl 1.
    Im sure by the release there will be more skills ETC otherwise people will grow tired of it. What servers are yea on ? Im on the one at the top of the list...

err you can buy new skills at level 5, just find your local trainer :)

Or level 7 if you're a mage....

Am in!!

it's a bit repetitive.
    am a dark elf mage on Bartz Windsurfer the name :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I is in... only just got started... looks like it could be interesting. I'm liking the pvp, I've already hacked the crap out of a heap of people :) muahahaha! :D

Originally posted by zekiel
    I is in... only just got started... looks like it could be interesting. I'm liking the pvp, I've already hacked the crap out of a heap of people :) muahahaha! :D

Tut-tut! You'll get your ass whooped the next time you go to a town if you carry on like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Ahh no, dont get me wrong I'm going to play it to a certain serious level, just wanted to see the outcome of hacking up people... :D

Finding the controls very hard to get to grips with, I'm playing Horizons concurrently, and keep getting confused. There is WASD controls of a sort there, but they don't work very well.

Also, the fact that NPCs name's aren't in a different colour to regular players makes spotting them and obtaining quests a bit difficult.

Well, it is ONLY beta.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement