Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Crown

• 27-03-2004 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Whoop!

Should have played better but great to get a title! Delighted for Wallace and Stringer. D'Arcy again played a stormer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Delighted to see Stringer get his try. Absoleutly delighted atm.

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thetis

Could have killed them after the first fifty minutes, but the last thirty made up for it. Absolutely fantastic.
    I'd also like to take this oppotunity to apologise for any and all slurs I've made about Gordon D'Arcys skills. He was magnificient.
    Come on France and come on Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

Great second half. Really enjoyed the match it was very tense. Darcy was magnificent broke the game line every time he had the ball. Big kudos to ODriscoll and Foley though who put in a huge amount of work.

Anyone know where i can pick up a bottle of hooks hooch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Originally posted by Bigshot
    Anyone know where i can pick up a bottle of hooks hooch?

That was comedy gold!
    Who needs Apres Match, when you've got george hook. :D
    Between d'arcy and o'driscoll they had 4 bottles of that powerade stuff at the interview.

Good match.
    Could have been better, but they got the win and that's all that matters in the end.

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

for most of the match, it was far far too close for my liking, and scotland got away with a hell of a lot more than the referee saw, but a win's a win, and a triple crown win's brilliant - i was three the last time we won one!
    Originally posted by K!LL!@N
    Between d'arcy and o'driscoll they had 4 bottles of that powerade stuff at the interview.
    off-topic, but:
    is it just me, or would all that deliberate corporate whoring actually put you off buying that stuff?? maybe i'm just being contrary......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think the product placement is getting way out of hand already! Its not Formula One. Rugby has long amateur rootes so ppl view this sort of carry-on with distaste I think.

Well done Ireland.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

To get away from the product placement stuff.

Does anyone else think that interest in rugby is growing with the performances of the Irish team over the last 2 years or so?

Myself, i was never really into rugby and always kind of dismissed it.
    Now i find i'd rather watch the Irish rugby team than the football team.
    Rugby just seems so much more interesting than football, of late.
    I'm actually finding myself regretting not having played it in school.

Not wishing to get into arguments about the GAA and Croke Park, but it really is a shame that Ireland could be forced to play there games outside the country next year.
    I mean Croke Park could probably have been filled twice over today with the amount of interest in the match.

Also, the Irish squad is definitely going to get better.
    By the time the next world cup comes around, most of the players will only be coming into their peaks.
    They have definitely proved themselves as one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the world, capable of beating any of the others.

Congratulations again to the team and all the coaching staff.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

I was more than a little embarrassed about the state of Landsdowne Road today after seeing the glory of the Stade De France.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by qwertyup
    I was more than a little embarrassed about the state of Landsdowne Road today after seeing the glory of the Stade De France.

But if you have ever watched a game in Le Stade, you'll notice that it's an amazing place but it is totally souless and very little atmosphere. Definitly the nicest stadium i've ever been in tho, with Milenium a very close 2nd and Stadium Australia third.

Now Parc de Prince.....there was an intimidating place, an absolute cauldron of noise...the scariest place i've ever watched an international for sure.

Oh yeah and Congratulations to the boys for bringing home the crown!!!!!!!!

P

• Advertisement

Seemed pretty atmospheric when Les Marseilles was ringing out, but I digress: The mikes can flatter to deceive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

Thought athmosphere was lacking a bit at d french match, the crowd is too far away from the pitch....As for interest in Rugby, i'd have 2 say it's grown immenesely, i'm from Mayo and have been 2 a few Munster matches incl. the Heineken Cup semi lst yr in Toulose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by beardedchicken

off-topic, but:
    is it just me, or would all that deliberate corporate whoring actually put you off buying that stuff?? maybe i'm just being contrary......

I won't allow a drop of it pass my lips. But hey, what a pair of performers!!

Originally posted by qwertyup

Well I was standing on the Havelock Square terraces and almost found myself getting nostalgic for the old push and shove. The atmosphere was great, but that was largely because you have a good-humoured unsegregated crowd cracking jokes against each other. Sadly, with some sports ie soccer, you just can't have that any more.

Furthermore, it was warm. Granted it wasn;t the coldest of days but sitting in the stands you would need to be well wrapped up because the lack of body contact and the rarefied air freezes the blood.

And also in the stand you don't get that delicious sensation when herself with the big bazoomas brushes past you in the crush - described memorably by the great Clive James as 'being run through twice by an angel's tongue'

What the hell. The 21st century beckons. We'll just have to get used to wrapping up in sheepskin coats and nipping from hip flasks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Hairy Homer
    I won't allow a drop of it pass my lips. But hey, what a pair of performers!!

Agreed with the guys - I have my own personal boycott of the blue stuff too - I wonder how many people out there do? :)

As for Irelands Crown - fantastic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

So when is the D'Arcy and O'Driscoll Powerade ad coming out??

Hairy Homer??

:p

Originally posted by evilhomer
    So when is the D'Arcy and O'Driscoll Powerade ad coming out??

Hairy Homer??

Are you insinuating something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Are you insinuating something?

your not good with jokes are you hairy homer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Originally posted by mike65
    I think the product placement is getting way out of hand already! Its not Formula One. Rugby has long amateur rootes so ppl view this sort of carry-on with distaste I think.

Well done Ireland.

Mike.

no, i dont think thats fair, the guy has to make as much money as he can in his sort playing career, as we know there isnt near as much money in rugby as there as in soccer so they really need to make money. and the players who do get well paid only do so for a sort period of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement

Originally posted by evilhomer
    your not good with jokes are you hairy homer!

And you're not up to much with Monty Python references, are you?

I burst my pimples at you, you empty headed animal food-trough wiper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

Originally posted by spanner
    no, i dont think thats fair, the guy has to make as much money as he can in his sort playing career, as we know there isnt near as much money in rugby as there as in soccer so they really need to make money. and the players who do get well paid only do so for a sort period of time

Agreed, i think they're dead right....... I'm gonna buy a bottle of blue and a bottle of yellow/orange this evenin.

http://www.powerade.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

well i dont buy powerade because it tastes ****, but i have no problem wit the players marketing it. Although it looked ridiclous BOD and D'Arcy drink all the colors of the rainbow it brought out the best laugh of the tournment with "Hooks Hooch". the mans a ledgend!

but seriously let them make their money here and hope they dont go off to france to play in greener fields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

i thought the whole darcy/o driscoll interview after the scottish game was class. their was darcy totally unfamiliar with the situation paying all his attention as to when to drink from the bottles and from which one, it made his interview a bit of a sham as he was completly preoccupied and as a result we didn't get his actual thoughts - also o dirscoll was laughing at him !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Originally posted by ALLGOOD
    i thought the whole darcy/o driscoll interview after the scottish game was class. their was darcy totally unfamiliar with the situation paying all his attention as to when to drink from the bottles and from which one, it made his interview a bit of a sham as he was completly preoccupied and as a result we didn't get his actual thoughts - also o dirscoll was laughing at him !

i think they are definately doing it for the laugh as well, are they really being paid or are they just doing it for the laugh?

i think o driscoll is been paid and when everyone noticed it last time him and darcy decided to take the mick. come on drinking the bottles at the same time, they cannot be serious

Anyone got a link to the interview if its online anywhere?

Thanks

Advertisement