Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drinkage / Pubs

• 27-03-2004 7:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Some say that I don't take enough interest in the South forum, so I'll Try To Do Better. Let's start with a chat about the pubs in Cork, and getting inebriated in general. Where do you drink, pickup joints or cosy corners? What do you drink, good ould shtout or alcopops and scary shorts?

If the thread is any good I'll scoop up the information and publish it somewhere. And we'll start another one, about clubs or summat.

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Western Star - Student place, vodka and orange usually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Coal Quay- late bar 7 days a week(sunday not sure but def for the other 6 nights!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've always like Costigans on Washington st.
    Nice bar, prices are grand and the staff are very friendly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Brunos, The Oval, An Brog, Gallaghers, Brannigans

Depends what crowd I'm with really. Gallaghers staff are ****ers. The girls in Brunos... oops... i think i've cum...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by JohnK
    I've always like Costigans on Washington st.
    Haven't been in there since the barmaids stopped wearing The Tight White Tops. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Nicest pint of Murphys I've ever had would probably be in Cogans (Carrigaline). Was more or less a regular in there before I was exiled to Douglas, now I'm a wannabe alcoholic without a watering hole. Still testing the waters in Douglas a bit. Not too keen on Barrys (murphys was awful in there last night). Ryans is marginally better but O'Sullivans is probably the cream of the crop so far. This week I am mostly drinking Smithwicks... Although I reckon I'll go back to the Murphys mid-week.

Used to drink in John Sulls with a mate's family-in-law quite a lot a good while back. Nice pints and the craic was mighty, but you'd really need to be in the mood for it. Have you been to the posers gaff over by MacD's yet? Jesus, I think I'd go postal if I had to drink in there!

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

where I drink:

Old College Bar.
    it's dirty and smelly and full of students (I'm a postgrad you see - not a student) and has bad pints but I like it anyway.
    possibly because it's 3 minutes from my office.

The Gateway cos it's a real pub, good music, friendly (albeit bald) staff, good pints. 15 mins from the office.

Cissie Youngs cos it has nice tvs for showing matches,
    plus nice staff, friendly crowd, good food and good pints.
    7 mins from the office.

And pre-ban the Bodega because with that high roof it was usually not too bad smoke-wise. Best selection of beers in here too, but it's easily my least favourite of the above.

As for what I drink:
    I gave up the pints a few months ago - onto bottled beers,
    tiger if I can get it, whatever's on offer if I can't.

Originally posted by dahamsta
    . Have you been to the posers gaff over by MacD's yet? Jesus, I think I'd go postal if I had to drink in there!

That'd be.... "East Village Bar" or something to that effect? I was in there last night briefly, it's rather difficult to endure the level of gobshitery in there. I know (or knew rather) a few people that love the place; that's a perfect yardstick to measure the place by as they're all hopeless posers. Part of the "aren't we so pretty" brigade. Like a PRoC staff night out only with less prancing.

Originally posted by rymus
    That'd be.... "East Village Bar" or something to that effect? I was in there last night briefly, it's rather difficult to endure the level of gobshitery in there. I know (or knew rather) a few people that love the place; that's a perfect yardstick to measure the place by as they're all hopeless posers. Part of the "aren't we so pretty" brigade. Like a PRoC staff night out only with less prancing.
    That's class rymus, I was going to post a rant but you saved me the effort. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Now theres an idea for a website service. Rant-For-Me.com , for people too lazy to rant.

They type in their situation and someone else can do the ranting based on the given material.

Who's up for doing this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm a postgrad you see - not a student

And I'm an undergrad, not a student :)

Originally posted by yellum
    Who's up for doing this ?

I wholeheartedly endorse this product and/or service.

I must exploit my natural talent to rant incoherantly on practically any subject thrown at me.

Originally posted by rymus
    I wholeheartedly endorse this product and/or service.

I must exploit my natural talent to rant incoherantly on practically any subject thrown at me.
    That's bollocks, Eircom and EsatBT are fully to blame for this incredible scenario! I can feel the cold hand of Fianna Fáil behind them!

adam /limbering up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I used to work in Costigans but the place is gone to ****e since it was sold a few years back. Ah yes the white shirts for the girls were something special alright. Used to attract some attention when we went out for beers after work! I know it's sad but it used to do alot for the street cred hanging out with them in clubs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement