Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 ---> WMA converter

Options
  • 27-03-2004 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

looking for a utility that will let me convert mp3's to wma files, don't ask

it's for a friend, he wants wma for his mp3 player rather than mp3s so he can store more music on the devise (he should have got more than 128mb!)

anyway thanks in advance

jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

DBPoweramp for all you're encoding needs. Just make sure you get the "File Selector" plugin for it, that makes mass-encoding much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

thanks for that.
    will pass it on to my friend and see what he thinks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

often orverlooked for this job but nero will do this for u
    start it and close the wizard then go to the extras menu and select encode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I second dbpoweramp.

Bear in mind that you will lose a bit of quality, even when the bitrates are the same, each time you recompress a file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

nero wouldn't give the best quality though. DBPoweramp uses Lame, which is recognised as being the best mp3 encoder by far, giving best quality results per bitrate setting.

Nero has its own encoder, which ain't as good. And mp3pro sounds like kack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

all of you thanks for the replies

got dbpoweramp anyway, didn't bother trying it as its for a friend

did try nero, pretty straight forward and i don't think my friend is a keen enough music listener to notice the decrease in sound quality

thanks anyway,

jozi

Advertisement