Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Gentle

Options
  • 28-03-2004 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Anyone a fan? Loved Ash when i read it a year or so ago. thought Grunts was great too. And now I've just finished 1610: A Sundial in a grave. Fantastic.

Also have her earlier, shorter stories: White Crow, which I do like, but they aren't as good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

She's cool,though most of my mates had never heard of her when I mentioned her.Personally,I prefer the White Crow stuff to Ash.Ash was a total information overload,with all the details about armour and weapons.Also,any book where the roughly 6 or 7 year old heroine is sexually assaulted by her bisexual foster dad is gonna be a bit grim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ohnhai

I'm a huge fan of the lady in question, Love her books and especially Ash (read ash 7 times now)

I'm also trying to set up a Mary Specific fan site (Click Here ) but it It's no where near finished and on the forum there is only me stitting there in the dark on my own :( Busy trying to assemble a life history for her and searching out articles and stufff

do you know any good links?

Did you see she has a new book out? "Under the penitence" sounds linke it could be the pre Ash life of angelotti..... well here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

I;ve just signed up with your forum, looks interesting you just gotta get some more members :)

Have seen the new book on Amazon, twas recommened to me by their little spybots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ohnhai

tell me about it.... been networking it like mad but attracting a member to aboard within 4 days of it going live ian't bad going I think...

just remember to mention it to any one you meet who might have even gilpsed one of her books in passing years ago... :)

Advertisement