Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Bubbles!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

What on earth are you talking about?

I'm basically comparing you and your ilk to those despised people in professions reknowned for their pettiness, for having no sense of humour, those who hand out the parking tickets on the streets of life because it makes them feel big and important.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thats a bit unfair! Dole Officers and Parking Attendants are not nearly as petty and small minded as the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

WOW, so bubbles sent a few pm's..... jesus relax....

/me is growing to not like boards.ie

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sprocket

bubbles here...

What can I say? Does this really sum up what boards.ie has become? At the end of the day I didn't break any of the rules. So what? I sent a PM to people I had in my buddy list - just because I have a few buddies who I like to keep track of their posts etc I should be punished?

If i sent it to one of my buddies, or any PM saying Hi, how are you? for example - isn't that still 'unsolicited' mail. Did the person ask for it?
    Punished is the wrong word for it - its only an account, there's no real way they can stop me from contribution to boards.ie - but that is the one account I would like to remain to have - since everyone (online type people) call me bubbles. I just can't see the logic in why bubbles was banned

They say it was an unsolicited mail - a definition which can be found here... http://www.spam-blockers.com/spam-definition.html

Read it - then decide.

I also want to point out to people something an Admin of boards.ie said ealier in this post.

I think that one of the issues here is not one of the humor of the pm... but the fact that it was a mass unsolicited pm, a figure of 1000 pms was claimed.... Irrespective of the number, if it is ok for a user to send unsolicited pm humerous or not, especially when we have a humor forum, where do we draw the line...
    Should every member be allowed to send pms to whomever they wish on any topic?
    There were other reasons for the ban as well, it was not just the mass pming, but for the above reason, a ban would seem justified.

Can any of the admins care to post these 'other reasons as well, which where not related to the mass pm' ? I must have posted about 15 messages on boards.ie in the last 3 months.... and have done absolutly nothing in the last year which would warrent a ban from any individual board or indeed the entire site?
    I think we see a classic case where the admins have a personal dislike to me, which is no secret, and they are seeking any excuse to get rid of me. It really does come down to whoever controls the media controls the thoughts of the people.

After so many of my stunts I asked to be banned sometimes, but we have all noticed the recent trend of the admins - and their new agenda seems to be somewhat different to what we all knew in the years before - when this place was friendly, where I could send a message to my friends without being judged on by people with serious personal prejudice.

Altho - I havn't even been informed yes that I have been banned, or a reason for it? I even PM'ed an Admin in IRC ( Yes, it was an unsolicited PM on irc!!) Is it usually a case for everyone else who has been banned to receive an explination?

Doesn't really bother me that bubbles was banned, but I think its wrong, and have made someone (who isn't in a job, has infinate proxy accounts, ample amount of accounts, ****loads of free time, and is sad enough to spend hours upon hours to do things, as proved before) fairly annoyed over their personaly feelings towards me.

bubbles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I got the PM, I think it was funny.
    Don't understand why Bubbles would get banned over it (Ok the Pm'ing ecksor thing was mean, all those pervy PM's).

I didn't say anything when Sangre got banned, cuz I agreed with it, and the others did as well, but this is a bit over the top. Asking for an apology from Bubbles would have been enought. Hope its only a temp ban or he can be unbanned.

I know I've only been here a year, but its a good fun place. Please don't change that, I like being part of this community.

• Advertisement

Comon bubbs you told me you send a pm to everyone with more than 1000 posts... not just to your friends... ? Is that not unsolicited?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I think his pm was extremely sexist

men should be allowed to enter the wet t-shirt competition too!
    Thats the most bizarre suggestion I've ever heard!

Does anyone else have prison subbed, btw?

I don't know, the idea of men in a wet t-shirt contest intrigues me! I have prison subbed too, does anyone know why has it been locked down? I mean where else can banned ppl flame each other constantly and give us so much entertainment!

PS: I got the pm too, in fact I got 2 of them, one from Bubbles, and one from his other self, Jade. It was nice to get a message - I felt important!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Pikachu

Everyone with over 1000 posts usually means they have been on boards.ie for a while - and I would have have built up some form of relationship with them. Not every person with over 1000 posts got it - Lump for example. Lump isn't my friend so he didn't get it...

And before you start you don't have the right to question me on what my personal definition of a friend is.

I see poor auld Jade and Sprocket was banned there - and they did absoultly nothing! At least in the concentration camps the slaves got some food and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Does this mean I'm on your buddy list then.... cos I certainly don't have over a thousand posts!!! But you shouldn't have been banned over it (getting ppl to PM ecksor was mean though)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I think this is a load of bull****. That PM wasn't "unsolicited spam", as spam-blockers says, unsolicited spam only aplies to messages advertising stuff. Bubbles has been the resident high troll here for a hell of a long time and sure he's done some crazy **** in the past, but what he did here was by no means a bannable offence. He sent a PM to a select group of posters, which he chose himself, informing them of the current situation on the boards. He was preforming a service, and how is he rewarded? Banned. No just cause. I haven't been to boards all that much recently because I didn't like the tone it had taken, this really just cements my feelings. The admins behind this really need to get a sense of humour or get some skillz.
    Also, I think anyone stupid enough to actual PM ecksor about the adult board should be the ones who are banned.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think a new CAPTAIN OVERREACTION image needs to be made :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

as one of the victims I feel he should be unbanned ....eventually

Ban the c0ck (better known as ronaldo7 ) instead

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

If bubbles was banned for senting unsolicited PMs... then

IMHO ...Flogen should be banned.. he has a number of accounts on boards. One as we all know named "TheElder".. he sent unsolicited PMs to users... but nothing happened to him..??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I saw no problem with his pm, i also dont see what the problem is with pm`ing loads of people? If i was getting 1 every day i would be anoyed and if they where long i would be anoyed. Would it not be better if he PM`ed everyone on boards with a link to some sort of signup to a board news letter.

There are more people who deserve to be baned than him.
    What elce has he done wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by User45701

What elce has he done wrong?

Have you afew hours.

Johnny_the_fox:

flogen was banned for spaming ages ago, and isn't theelder account banned now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tbh i believe this is all going to far these days.

Rather than having set rules for what people get banned for, in a lot of cases i believe it would be better to weigh up whether they're making a contribution to the community and whether life is better off without them or not.

Bubbles did send a pm to a lot of people. but i'd say a large percentage of them got the joke and found it hilarious. i for one do not consider it unsolicited, Bubbles did me a service by pm'ing me this. I laughed my ass off.
    I believe if we were to take a poll of all those "disserviced" by this unsolicited pm you'd find a large proporttion of them found it a bit of a larf.

On the whole, how come all of a sudden Bubbles ****e is enough to get him banned, whereas he's been doing it for years?

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Johnny_the_fox:

flogen was banned for spaming ages ago, and isn't theelder account banned now?

TheElder - still alive, well and active...

which flogen account are you talkin about? flogen/flogenh/FlogenHasapopen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

This is a joke, correct?

Yes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Ahhh common sence at last!

:)

I knew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I can already hear the cries of "But Bubbles was unbanned, you have to unban Sangre"

Nice one bubbs... :)

V

Anyone got the figures for how many pm's ecksor recieved then?

But was Bubbles ever banned?.....

Barry, bubbles was never banned, its a joke, this is bubbles we are talking about here. Pissed off I didn't get to say me comments about DeVore's relationship wtih bubbles before it ended though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Like Jade said in her PM that only managed to get off to abour 33% of my friends... it never said i was actually banned on my account - but my permissions to reply to any post on boards.ie was removed.... meaning i was banned.

Originally posted by Boston
    Barry, bubbles was never banned, its a joke, this is bubbles we are talking about here. Pissed off I didn't get to say me comments about DeVore's relationship wtih bubbles before it ended though.

I think those were already discussed in the "does DeVore have foreskin?" thread on the ole' bubbles forum.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by crash_000
    I think those were already discussed in the "does DeVore have foreskin?" thread on the ole' bubbles forum.

DeVore doesn't have a foreskin, and talk about off topic... come to think about it why do i know the answer to that question... anyway, can't believe you didn't let me in on it bubbles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement