Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Speakers 1 amp

Options
  • 28-03-2004 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

i recently go a new set of speakers for my hifi so now i have 2 speakers just standing in a corner collecting dust.
    i know a reciever has multiple speaker outputs and that there are multi-speaker stereo amp but i have neither.
    my question is: is it possible to connect the other 2 speakers to my amp without causing any side effects?

jozi

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Depends on the impedance, if they're both 8 ohms you should have no problem.

If one or both are 4 ohms you might have a problem, although my mate has 1 8-ohm and 1 6-ohm on the one channel and the amp doesn't seem to mind, but how low you can go depends on the amp in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

the amp's a sony ta-fe330r i think it's 2X80 watts speakers are 15-100 and 25-75 watt, impendance of the one set is 8 ohm the other set is rated 4-8 ohms.

at the end of the day would i better of getting a amp that can handle 4 speakers or even a reciever, i do want to have surround sound eventually

thanks for the reply

jozi

Advertisement