Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester vs Liverpool, could contain goals.

• 28-03-2004 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭

Team announced:

Dudek

Carragher
    Traore
    Hyypia
    Biscan't

Gerrard
    Hamann
    Kewell
    Cheyrou

Baros
    Emily

Subs:
    Luzi
    Henchoz
    Pongolle
    Diouf
    Murphy

I hope my eyes are decieving me and I have misread Traore and Biscans name.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

I hope my eyes are decieving me and I have misread Traore and Biscans name.

Afraid not:rolleyes: i got 2 texts from O2 telling me that they were starting. Guess they couldn't believe it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon Bolton! (well we have to hope they do us a favour!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well Bolton did and we cant score to save our lives, according to the commentary im hearing have had plenty of chances...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

and 0-0 it finished. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

There goes our winning streak in the league. 2 in a row isn't bad :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Leaves Liverpool in 4th which at the end of the day is the aim of the game.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Looking on the bright side, it can't get any worse*

*unless Houllier stays :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by byte
    Looking on the bright side, it can't get any worse*

*unless Houllier stays :eek:

Apparently he is staying and has already made up his summer shopping list. Apparently Michael Tonge is on it and Johan Micoud as well as Cisse.

Two players plying their trade in a poor French division and a Division 1 player. Things are looking up aren't they ? :rolleyes:

I honestly can't see Liverpool firing him though. If they do have a new manager next season I can see Houllier becoming Director of Football or some ****e like that.

I still think its a sad case when Liverpool supporters are worried about playing the likes of Leicester and Wolves and their biggest ambition is 4th place. At the start of other seasons, you'd hear liverpool supporters saying "we have a chance this year" but this year it was basically, "we're going for a CL place".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Micoud is plying his trade in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen. He's the key player in that team and they are winning the Bundesliga last I checked. He's a talented player.

Tonge has promise. Jury's out on Cissé though.
    Leicester vs Liverpool, could contain goals.

Wasn't ever very likely though, was it?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

have to say its depressing to be a liverpool fan, i even thought we would loose today thats how bad we are. I dont c how tonge could get into the pool team if they did manage to sign him, its time houillier bits the bullet and leave, and get the porto manager in, hes already said liverpool would be his kind of team he would like to manage, and he mustnt be half bad if they won the eufa last year and beat the scum lol this year in the champs league.H eshould give the likes of john welsh a chance, and give ritchie partridge a break, he must be the unluckiest footballer ever, anytime hes near the liverpool team he gets injured.Hope the rumour about diouf is true, aparently marseille want him , good riddance and bring traore, biscan, cheyrou, scmicer, heskey with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Sorry Werder Bremen yeah :) sorry :D

Even so I don't think he's what Liverpool need tbh. Incidentally why hasn't Partridge been given a chance? I know hes had some bad luck with injuries but has he ever played a premiership game? Can't be worse than whats on at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

exactly, partridge played for coventry for half a season last year and was the best player by a mile, then injury struck and back to the start again, have a friend in liverpool who says houiller and steve heighjway(liverpool coch of the youths) dont get on aparently.So good riddence bring in a decent coach who will give youngsters a chance instead of johny foreigner who may be only of the same standard but are the right nationality, to be honest would traore get on any other team, mmmm no i dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I read last week that Partridge will sign a one year deal with Liverpool. He'll be back from injury soon and should get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

from the BBC
    Houllier blames weariness

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier attributed his side's draw with Leicester to their Uefa Cup exertions.
    Houllier said: "We had played on Thursday for more than an hour with 10 men against 11, and at times we lacked a bit of freshness.

"When we play on a Thursday and have to travel to play on the Sunday, it is always difficult. I have noticed that we don't have the same spark.

"I'm not saying it was a bad result, but it was a missed opportunity."

excuses excuses :rolleyes:

Celtic can travel to Barcelona and get a result.. then travel to Rangers and get a result...

Je*** f*cking Chr***.. GH just go.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

If I was Partridge I wouldn't exactly hold my breath waiting for a first team chance. Houllier doesn't exactly have a fantastic record of bringing in players from the youth set up. I think Gerrard is the only player during Houllier's reign to become a first team regular after coming from the youth set up.

Houllier has gotten rid of as much of the promising players from that cam from the Liverpool youth set-up as possible. Thompson, Wright, Mellor (on-loan), Otsemobor (sp? on-loan) and more that I'm sure to have overlooked.

Partridge's only chance of first team action is to somehow convince Gerard Houllier that he's actually half-french. That seems to be the only criteria for a young player to get a game for Liverpool.

Actually, as a matter of interest, was Heskey the last English player Houllier actually signed?

Advertisement