Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Man U (scores)

• 28-03-2004 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Firstly, reason why I started this is because the other one is a poll really whereas this one can be used to discuss the match.

1-1

I thought on the whole that Man U deserved to win. Denied a definite penalty and how Sol Campbell and Patrick Vieira came off after that match without a booking is beyond me. Terrible refereeing on the whole. There wasn't a lot between the two sides over the 90 minutes but I still think Utd deserved it based on their fightback and the penalty they should have had. Plus it was in Highbury so you'd expect Arsenal to be more dominant. Plus Arsenal were basically full strength whereas Utd were missing a couple of first teamers mainly Ronaldo who certainly would've had an impact today.

I think Utd now hold the initiative going into next week's game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

definate penalty

but fair result in the end.

henry's goal was a cracker and the flight of the ball was all over the place

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by NightStrike
    Firstly, reason why I started this is because the other one is a poll really whereas this one can be used to discuss the match.

1-1

I thought on the whole that Man U deserved to win. Denied a definite penalty and how Sol Campbell and Patrick Vieira came off after that match without a booking is beyond me. Terrible refereeing on the whole. There wasn't a lot between the two sides over the 90 minutes but I still think Utd deserved it based on their fightback and the penalty they should have had. Plus it was in Highbury so you'd expect Arsenal to be more dominant. Plus Arsenal were basically full strength whereas Utd were missing a couple of first teamers mainly Ronaldo who certainly would've had an impact today.

I think Utd now hold the initiative going into next week's game.
    lol

who were the 'couple of first teamers' then?

As far as penalty decisions go, the contact on giggs by campbell was extremely minimal, comparable to a decision or two at the other end. Certainly he wasn't totally taken out of it by the keeper only to have a wrong decision for offside deny him a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by kaids
    lol

who were the 'couple of first teamers' then?

As far as penalty decisions go, the contact on giggs by campbell was extremely minimal, comparable to a decision or two at the other end. Certainly he wasn't totally taken out of it by the keeper only to have a wrong decision for offside deny him a penalty.

Reyes was a yard off side in the Arsenal incident nothing dubious about it at all. I didn't hear The Pundits on sky even mention it as a conroversial decision and yet all of them including Niall Quinn said Giggs was a stone wall penno. I,m not complaing about not getting the pen just stating the facts as I saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Fortune is a first-teamer.
    Ronaldo is a first-teamer.
    Saha (who wasn't fit to play the whole game) is a first-teamer.
    Ferdinand (granted hes out for ages) is a first-teamer.

The point I'm making is that Arsenal had pretty much a full-strength side, Utd didn't. Thats all. I think Ronaldo was badly missed. Solskjaer had a hell of an impact when he came on, what would Ronaldo have done?

Regardless of how big/small the contact is I haven't met a person yet who said it wasn't a penalty. All the analysts said it was. The linesman raised the flag across his chest even and then dropped it when the ref ran away. The fact of the matter is he messed up Giggs' run with 2/3 Utd players coming in at the edge of the box. On a sidenote also, Campbell was the last man.

Oh and the offside flag had gone up (and the whistle blown) long before Reyes' run that time. Plus the ball was practically out of play by the time he made contact with the 'keeper so its doubtful even if he had been onside whether the peno would've been given

Fortune is a first teamer? news to me.

Neither Ronaldo nor Saha have become first teamers in United yet. Regulars / rotation, certainly. By your deduction Arsenal were missing Bergkamp and Cole.

And in the replay of the Reyes incident, they froze the screen the instant the pass was played, Reyes was a good foot onside. The ball wasn't all that far ahead of him when Carroll took him out either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Couldn't see the game properly. Nephews kept running in front of the TV and shouting.

Frustration level:
    [Min]
    X--[Max]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

As far as penalty decisions go, the contact on giggs by campbell was extremely minimal
    Giggs was tripped (tho accidentally) by Campbell as he fell. There was no reason for giggs to go down as he had the ball and was away f from the defence. Having said that i dunno if he woulda scored as he was almost on the goal line but a peno is a peno.

I think both teams were missing a couple of important players but to be fair neither really missed anyone vital in hindsight.

On the Reyes offside incident. To me he looked just on side but Andy Gray thought the linesman had it just right. Angle of the camera wasn't great to see it.
    Now wether the ref woulda given it is another story. I had to admit it was a penalty but the ref may have seen it as a dive cos of how far Reyes knocked the ball infront of him. Don't think we saw too many replays of it either tbh.

Man u still havent lost with Carrol in goal :D

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Giggs was tripped (tho accidentally) by Campbell as he fell. There was no reason for giggs to go down as he had the ball and was away f from the defence. Having said that i dunno if he woulda scored as he was almost on the goal line but a peno is a peno.
    There was a slight contact (Campbell's arm brushed off his side) but Giggs should easily have been able to stay up if he wanted to, he's got great balance and isn't that much of a twig. There were similar incidents at both ends, I don't know why sky decided to pick up on this one so much more than others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

bit of an anti climax really
    arsenal dominated for the longer periods and should have had the game rapped up but credit to utd that never gave up(the arsenal subs didnt really help imo cygan gilberto ffs!!)
    first of all it was a peno (giggs incident) campell was falling and made very minimal contact also that contact was OUTSIDE the box, check the replays
    im really pissed of at lauren for missing that(his fault for the goal too!)
    chance he took an age to hit it, henry should have done better too really,
    reyes was very lively and clichy looks better every game and wenger must giver serious consideration to start him before cole.

anyway with a clear head utd needed to win but didnt(lucky to draw imo buts thats football) i think arsenal think they should have won and wont make the mistake next week
    remember arsenal had a tough mid week game too but the next 2 games are must wins!

nightstrike how can you say utd deserved to win(because they had a peno cliam!?) is beyond me seriously wake now and again!!

Fortune has started something like 23 out of 30 Premiership matches this season, that makes him a first-teamer in my eyes.

The point I'm making is that you could take any one of Man Utd's bench (Howard, Saha, Solskjaer, Butt, Neville P) and find a place for them in the starting 11 there today. The same can't really be said of Arsenals. For example who'd drop Campbell/Toure for Cygan. Or Reyes/Henry for Kanu?

Andy Gray was apparently in line with the Reyes thing and was happy that it was offside so thats good enough for me.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaids
    There was a slight contact (Campbell's arm brushed off his side) but Giggs should easily have been able to stay up if he wanted to, he's got great balance and isn't that much of a twig. There were similar incidents at both ends, I don't know why sky decided to pick up on this one so much more than others.

Did you fail to notice the fact that he clipped Giggs' heels while running back? (accidently I admit but that shouldn't matter). He then basically fell around Giggs' ankles.

It was a penalty just admit it. No point in moaning about it, it wasn't given fair enough but the ref was never going to give a penalty to Utd in that game no matter if Vieira had riddled Van Nistelrooy with bullets. He got death threats/hate mail after the Newcastle v Arsenal match in 2001 (last time he had a game at Highbury) so he wasn't going to repeat that again.

Andy Gray was apparently in line with the Reyes thing and was happy that it was offside so thats good enough for me.

yea Andy Gray is GOD lets all have a prayer for him
    look at the replay he is clearly onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Fortune has started something like 23 out of 30 Premiership matches this season, that makes him a first-teamer in my eyes.

The point I'm making is that you could take any one of Man Utd's bench (Howard, Saha, Solskjaer, Butt, Neville P) and find a place for them in the starting 11 there today. The same can't really be said of Arsenals. For example who'd drop Campbell/Toure for Cygan. Or Reyes/Henry for Kanu?

Surely if utd had all those first teamers on the bench, there was obviously adequate players of similar calibre on the pitch. Hence the only person missing was Ronaldo.

As regards the penalty, I thought Reyes was onside, and by a good bit, Arsenal didnt get it, Utds was a peno too, neither were given, so it evened itself out. This happens in football. GET OVER IT.

Originally posted by jank
    nightstrike how can you say utd deserved to win(because they had a peno cliam!?) is beyond me seriously wake now and again!!

No not just the penalty claim. That would have helped admittedly (especially as Campbell would've presumably had to go as last man) but just for their overall performance. Arsenal might have had more possession and all that but you'd expect that of the league leaders playing at home. Not saying arsenal didn't deserve it but the comeback and attitude of Utd was superb.
    Their use of substitutes and change of tactics etc was great. Arsenal had a few good chances in the first half but nothing major apart from Henrys. Keane could've scored too at the end of the half.
    Was funny to see Cygan play on the left wing lol :)

Also I'm not saying Andy Gray is god but he was directly in line with it, as was the linesman. The replay on the other hand was at an angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Here, even if there was a peno for Reyes, there was defo a Peno for Giggs so both teams we're ****ed :)

Lets just team up againist the **** referee :)

Fortune has started 18 games this season. If he is a first teamer, what is his position? Left back ahead of O'Shea? Left wing ahead of Giggs?

What has the bench strength has to do with the starting 11 being at full strength? Your comment about the subs being able to find a place in the starting 11 makes no sense, if they could find a place in the starting 11 then why were they on the bench? ;p

Howard - first teamer yes, but why didn't Ferguson play him?
    Saha - used as a tactical option so far, doesn't have a place in Utd's setup so far.
    Solskjaer - ok first teamer, just lacking a bit of match fitness presumeably.
    Butt - hardly a first teamer anymore. Handed in a transfer request a while back because he wasn't getting first team football remember.
    Neville - squad player.

The Arsenal bench consisted of Stack (did well in the CC, Taylor is out injured atm), Cygan (has done well this season, comparable to Wes Brown), Gilberto (was a first teamer until after xmas), Bergkamp (forget about him did you?), and Kanu, who is a squad player.

Utd deserved to win even though Arsenal had more possession, clear cut chances, and also had a definate penalty turned down by a debateable offside decision? Sure. Take your blinkers off will you, a draw was a fair result, and even probably a small bit generous to Utd.

Did you fail to notice the fact that he clipped Giggs' heels while running back? (accidently I admit but that shouldn't matter). He then basically fell around Giggs' ankles.
    The only contact between Campbell and Giggs in the penalty incident was Campbell's arm brushing off Giggs' side. There was absolutely no contact with Giggs legs in the area at all. Falling around a player's ankles isn't an offence. Falling on a player's ankles is.

The point is it wasn't full strength because he (SAF) had one eye on next week.

Saha would've started only for he was only back from injury. Ferguson said it before kick off. Wouldn't really call him a tactical option as so far he started with 3 goals in 2 games, played 1st game v Porto and got injured.
    I don't see how you can make Butt and Neville both squad players as tis Neville thats been keeping Butt out of the team. Also Butt has played pretty much every game since Christmas.
    Only player possibly worth a start on the Arsenal bench was Bergkamp and he wasnt' fit enough. Looked knackered near the end v Chelsea and I doubt he'd have been able for a long run today.

And kaids there was definitely contact with the feet.

Definite contact with the feet? In fantasy land maybe.

• Advertisement

First contact was outside (when campbel started to stumble) then he tapped (aka ankle tap) Gigg's ankle. Therefore penalty. I dont think many people will really say that Carrol wouldn't have gone either. What if's and buts dont points in a match,
    Goals do.

I think you're the one living in fantasy land. B-K-DzR just pretty much agreed with me saying there was an ankle-tap and every1 in the pub I watched it in (Man U, neutrals and Arsenal fans) said it was a penalty not to mention all the pundits. You're the only one who seems to think it wasn't so who is in a fantasy land. I don't even know why I'm bothering actually because nothings going to change the fact that the ref didn't give it and I don't really care about the outcome of the match anyway!

Still it was an entertaining match with a good atmosphere. I'm looking forward to Saturday now.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anyone think Carroll should have saved Henry's shot?
    After his howler against Fulham questions must now be asked.
    It only moved about a foot and a half in the air and wasnt exactly a rocket.

When Henry took the shot Carroll moved slightly to his right, that put him off as he had to readjust to go left. The swerve did put him off. Still as a keeper he should have saved it I reckon as they should be aware of the curling balls by now, they're out over a year I think.

I think howard should've played. He would've saved it I reckon as hes bigger and has better agility for jumping and stuff. Also has quicker reactions.

Still no point going into what ifs but I think Howard should start on Saturday

Kaids seriously, if you look at the reply, there was contact with Giggs leg

Funny, pub I was in, the shouts of "dive!" and "making the most of it" were deafening.

These things are largely open to interpretation, however in your first post you made the very biased statement that Arsenal were basically at full strength while United were missing a couple of first teamers. Arsenal have a definite first 11, of that they were missing 2 (so not basically full strength). Presently Man Utd only have 8 definites that i can see; O'Shea, Ferdinand, Silvestre, G. Neville, Giggs, Keane, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy. Only Ferdinand was missing. The rest of the spots are rotation so you can't say they were missing a couple of first teamers.

Duh, You're in a pub.

If you were in a different pub I'd say the shouts of PENO! would have been deafening aswell!

Originally posted by PHB
    Duh, You're in a pub.

If you were in a different pub I'd say the shouts of PENO! would have been deafening aswell!
    no shit sherlock, the reason i said that was because nightstrike said everyone in the pub he was in thought it was a penalty, like it had some relevance.

Anyone think Carroll should have saved Henry's shot?
    Im not sure, it did swerve viciously but the commentators said it was unstoppable so i just agreed :p

• Advertisement

Im not sure, it did swerve viciously but the commentators said it was unstoppable so i just agreed :p
    lol :)

i think given he was moving the opposite direction when Henry hit it, plus the pace and swerve, he couldn't have saved it. a different keeper, possibly aided by moving in the right direction (random chance, really), might have saved it. Not really his fault tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

rofl at some of these comments. "If andy grey said it was like that, then thats good enough for me" and "sure the whole pub thought it was a penalty!".

Wow, good luck with your career in the exciting world of convenience restaurants.

Seriously though, I'm biased but i dont see the difference between giggs going down like a sack of spuds and henry going down like a sack of spuds. Both times there was minimal contact and both times the players went down looking for a penalty. The ref made the right decision for all the penalty appeals, including Gary 'Louganis' Nevilles attempt at comedy.

Usually i can see no wrong in Wenger but today he cost arsenal 3 points. Before the subsititutions there was only one team in it. Manu were coming back into the game but they were not threatening arsenal much apart from the vague penalty appeals.

The appearance of Gilberto and especially Cygan handed the initiative giftwrapped to united. Without the outlet of reyes, pires and ljundberg arsenal totally lost their shape and it was inevitable that united would score. Im only suprised that they only scored once and that arsenal managed the few chances they had after that.

It worrys me because that game in microcosm is like what happened to the team in the latter stages of last year. Seeing your team concede the lead to a determined skillfull team is one thing. Seeing them concede to a team that were no danger for 60 minutes is worrying.

Its also worth mentioning that after the fuss of The Battle Of Old Trafford both teams managed to keep their head. I thought both Neville and Keane should have been booked for the challenges they mistimed but Poll was probably trying to keep things civil.

Firstly, I'm a neutral to this, but why do Arsenal supporters have to be so biased? the only people claiming its not a penalty are arsenal supporters.

Dustaz mentions how Utd players escaped with bookings, what about Vieira? Apart from the Van Nistelrooy thing he had three bad tackles after that including one from behind on Djemba Djemba.

And then you say Wenger lost the match for you. When will an Arsenal fan give Utd some credit. Last season, "we lost the title" - nothing to do with the fact Utd bust their guts from Christmas to go undefeated. Today "he lost us the match", nothing to do with Ferguson making some good substitutes and putting Scholes into central midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

cast iron peno, the fact its at highbury probably saved arsenal, having 68,000 fans screaming and going crazy at old trafford would have im sure made the ref think twice.

unlucky again for utd, utd more than held their own against arsenal which proves utd aren't as far behind arsenal as people might think.

brown was superb, if he keeps injury free expect more of those performances.

carol bar the goal was solid i thought. as for the ball 'swerving'?! i seen about 2inches of swerve in it, dreadful goalkeeping, should have anticipated that shot better considering henry was so far out and was obviously hitting it with the outside of the foot.

howard im sure would have done a better job, he's much more agile than carrol. saha looked class and immediately added an aerial presence in utd's attack. 5 in 5 now for him.

i still dont think fletcher cuts it on the right, he loses the ball far too often and id feel much more comfortable with the ball at ronaldo's feet rather than fletchers. fa cup will be interesting, if saha and ronaldo start utd should cause all sorts of problems for arsenal.

No Saha he's cup-tied. If I was Ferguson and everyone was fit I'd pick:
    Howard

G. Neville, Brown, Silvestre, O'Shea

Ronaldo, Scholes, Keane, Giggs

Solskjaer, Van Nistelrooy.

I think Solskjaer could do a good job up front even though hes more of a winger now but he'd link up well with Ronaldo on the right and he's also played left wing before so theres the option of playing him there and moving Giggs along Van Nistelrooy or moving Ronaldo across to the left with Ole on the right.

Just on Fletcher, hes not a winger so give him time. I've been impressed when I've seen him play in central midfield. I think he'll get more games there (central mid) now too seeing as Ronaldo is getting more acclimatised to the Premiership and Solskjaer is back and Miller on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

what about the Henry penalty claim? there was contact there.

Im a Celtic fan who enjoys my football and I think there shoulda been three penaltys, Henry, Reyes, and Giggs though even the Giggs one is up for debate as the original contact was outside the box and carried over into the box, many a people could consider that looking for a penalty.

The Arsenal left back looked promising though played very well as did Wes Brown made a great tackle when Ljungberg was away.

I dont think Ronaldo woulda made to much difference in the game personally I think hes a one trick pony who doesnt play a team game. Saha was the difference maker, shoulda played from the start. Wenger made a mistake bringing Cygan on, inviting Man Utd pressure isnt a good thing unless your 2 - 0 up.

Overall good game, Henrys strike was super, still couldnt lace Larssons boots though.

As for the guy who said about Wenger saying we lost the title I must say one thing are you an idiot, Arsenal did lose the title last season. Big wow man utd went undefeated thats great, but if Arsenal didnt lose games they wouldnt have won THEREFORE meaning Man Utds run wouldnt have meant nothing. So he is right. Just had to point that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

nightstrike i'd wager you're a utd supporter.
    todays match did swing on the late substitutions. They curbed Arsenal's attacking options and allowed Utd to apply sustained pressure? What was so biased about that?

Firstly, I'm a neutral to this, but why do Arsenal supporters have to be so biased? the only people claiming its not a penalty are arsenal supporters.

Dustaz mentions how Utd players escaped with bookings, what about Vieira? Apart from the Van Nistelrooy thing he had three bad tackles after that including one from behind on Djemba Djemba.

And then you say Wenger lost the match for you. When will an Arsenal fan give Utd some credit. Last season, "we lost the title" - nothing to do with the fact Utd bust their guts from Christmas to go undefeated. Today "he lost us the match", nothing to do with Ferguson making some good substitutes and putting Scholes into central midfield.
    You're neutral? You're taking the piss. The 'Van Nistelrooy' thing? You mean the one where Vieira clearly got the ball and RVN jumped onto the ground in theatrics like he'd been shot?

Ferguson's substitutions were enforced, they were 1-0 down and weren't getting a look in. Arsenal were comfortable, there was no need for Wenger to make his. Pretty much the moment Reyes and Pires went off Arsenal completely lost the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

It was a cast-iron penalty. Baffling refereeing decision. But in fairness, I don't think Utd even deserved the point they got from that game.

for all ye he thought it was a peno
    IT WAS OUSIDE THE BOX!

think about it!!!

Usually i can see no wrong in Wenger but today he cost arsenal 3 points.

Since when have they started awarding 4 points for a win? Also I think Wenger has earned enough points for the Gunners this season to be allowed a mistake or two.

And as for Henry not being fit to lace Larssons boots? When Larsson starts doing it in Europe or in a somewhat credible league like Henry has been doing for the last 3 years, he will probably be fit to lace Henrys boots.

There were a couple of penalty appeals for both teams, neither were given, end of, a draw was a somewhat fair result.

• Advertisement

Markomac football isn't over til its over. Last season Arsenal had a run at the beginning of the season, Utd had theirs at the end. Utds was better than Arsenals in the end therefore they deserved it imo. Doesn't really matter when it comes. I don't consider that throwing it away I just consider it being based over a season.
    The 'Van Nistelrooy' thing? You mean the one where Vieira clearly got the ball and RVN jumped onto the ground in theatrics like he'd been shot?

Maybe, I'll admit Vieira got the ball, but he also got a bit of the man. The point is the ref gave a free which means he must've thought Vieira fouled which still makes it an offence.

I also wouldn't agree Utds subs were enforced. The two they made (Saha and Solskjaer) were forecast before the match by ferguson. He said Saha wasn't fit but he'd do a job for 20 mins/half an hour and that Solskjaer wouldn't have lasted the full game as he's only just back but he'd be on at some stage.

i think the big difference was moving Scholes back into midfield. He got more passes going for Utd whereas the Keane/Djemba Djemba combination was like ok we've got the ball what now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GreatKingRat

quote:
    Firstly, I'm a neutral to this, but why do Arsenal supporters have to be so biased?

quote:
    Originally posted by markomac316
    Arsenal did lose the title last season. Big wow man utd went undefeated thats great, but if Arsenal didnt lose games they wouldnt have won THEREFORE meaning Man Utds run wouldnt have meant nothing. So he is right. Just had to point that out.

quote:
    Originally posted by dustaz
    Usually i can see no wrong in Wenger but today he cost arsenal 3 points.

I wouldnt pretend to be neutral, definitely an Arsenal fan, but the talk about throwing the league away is just nonsense. If ManU hadnt lost those games at the start of the year last season, they would have won the league by even more than the healthy margin they did. It happens - '89 when Liverpool supposedly "threw it away" to Arsenal . . '92 when ManU threw it away to Leeds, '93 when Villa threw it away to ManU .. . etc etc

There's still the chance that Arsenal will become no more than what the great Leeds team were remembered as - great, but really where's all the silverware. Theres no point in arrogantly prancing around poor / ordinary teams year-in-year-out if you dont win the trophies. We're still 2-3 years of solid success off being able to wear that "new ManU / Liverpool" hat.

re this game, great to see Henry make his mark again, after an anonymous game against Chelsea.

Safe to say the point means more to Wenger than Ferguson, as it preserves that unbeaten run, and keeps ManU at distance. I dont think Wenger will see it as points lost.

Btw, Im fairly sure I've seen enough nightstrike posts to recognize ManU sympathies, but I could be wrong . . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    Utd deserved to win even though Arsenal had more possession

United actually had 57% of the possession and Arsenal 43%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Originally posted by jank
    yea Andy Gray is GOD lets all have a prayer for him
    look at the replay he is clearly onside

just watched the replay again, u are wrong jank so give it a rest, it is all so clear he is offside, enough about it, Giggs def a penalty, maybe henry had a shout against carroll for min contact penatly, hard to see the contact but the leg was there.

1-1 was a very fair result and wenger lost the game by bringing Cygan in, he is a donkey, one Utd would be glad to see play next week.

On contrast the henry goal was one of the best i have ever seen and what a player, i admire him and rate him as one of the worlds best! i think arsenal would miss him alot if he did move on to Real as most papers woould have you beleive.

its only football and it starts again next season for all us Utd supporters sso stop moaning and hope the board get a big fat cheque book out in the summer, its badly needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by GreatKingRat
    . It happens - '89 when Liverpool supposedly "threw it away" to Arsenal . . '92 when ManU threw it away to Leeds, '93 when Villa threw it away to ManU .. . etc etc

I have to disagree there. Liverpool in 89 was a classic example of a team throwing away a league. If memory serves, Arsenal were something like 5 points or more behind with 4 games left. The difference in that campaign was that Arsenal could be said to have 'won' it because they achieved an incredible result on the last day. but it should never have come down to that match.

Gotta agree with you about nightstrikes dubious 'neutral' claims. I smell a 2nd account:)

I smell a 2nd account

michealangelo or ronaldo7!

seems starnge to me that nobody has congratulated arsenal for their 30 game unbeaten run which is now a NEW record in the history of english football.only 8 game to go now before they could go through the season unbeaten
    now they need the trophies to back it up, anybody see fergie more or less concedding the league title to arsenal at the post match press conference

chelsea are the only danger now and to be honest they are too eratic to be a serious challenge and too much **** going on at the club but you never know

seems starnge to me that nobody has congratulated arsenal for their 30 game unbeaten run which is now a NEW record
    Show me an Arsenal player and ill be sure to congratulate him :D
    Arsenal (as i have said) haven been phenomenal this season and will truely deserve the title when they win it.

Ferguson conceeding the title? Thought he did that a few matches ago, i know i did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Show me an Arsenal player and ill be sure to congratulate him :D

Here ya go toure.jpg

Congratulate him :D . 2004 Young player of the year??. I hope so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

30 game unbeaten run which is now a NEW record in the history of english football

Sorry the record is actually 42 games held by Forest - this is the longest unbeaten start to a season - amazing how many Arsenal fans I have had to correct today.

Sorry the record is actually 42 games held by Forest - this is the longest unbeaten start to a season - amazing how many Arsenal fans I have had to correct today.

wasnt that over the course of 2 seasons
    arsenal are currently at 32
    hmmm that 42 game unbeaten run looks like a tad more closer now

an its still a record kida! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement