Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austin in more trouble

• 28-03-2004 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Austin may be over on T.V but in real life he seems like a nasty piece of work. This is the second time he's been in trouble for assulting women.

Story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

All charges were dropped, dont go dragging Austins name threw the gutter. Nobody knows how he was brought up, I know I would never lay a hand on a woman, but what can you say from Austins view point is putting your hand on a woman.

The guy is a pro.wrestler, they wrestle/hit women all the time so maybe its just a habbit.

Also Austin is much more stronger than the majority of us so a light push from him may be the equavlant {spl} to a hard forceful shove from one of us.

Dont go dragging his name through the dirt until you have the full facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Originally posted by markomac316

The guy is a pro.wrestler, they wrestle/hit women all the time so maybe its just a habbit.

hahaha yea maybe he can try that argument in court?

your an idiot.
    that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Sorry, I don't care who you are or how you were brought up hitting a woman is indefensible. Only the lowest kind of coward would do this.

What they do in the ring is not the same as the women wrestlers are trained and it's all part of the show.

He asaulted his wife and now he has asaulted his ex-girlfriend, there is no excuse. He deserves nothing but contempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

I know I would never lay a hand on a woman,

thats how i was brought up never to hit a woman. Im just saying to got running your mouth until you hear the full facts, obviously there wasnt much in it because the charges were dropped. We dont know the full details of how any of the cases happened, we dont know if it was an accident, or someone totally exxagratiting the truth, we dont know. I'd rather SEE or READ the facts before I judge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

this is reality, this is a storyline. You really need to learn the diff mark.
    Also Austin is much more stronger than the majority of us so a light push from him may be the equavlant {spl} to a hard forceful shove from one of us.

This is more of a valid point, I get the feeling this is going to cost him a lot of money, and also I can see the resurgence of the austin 316 says i beat up women signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Austin 3:16 says I just beat my bitch!
    Girlfriend is actually and Austin fan, she won't be happy about this. We chalked the first one up to a once-off as Debra is a complete bitch to live with apparently, but second time in two years isn't looking good :(

Nero

I do know the difference but its still a viable point that if your going around stunning women, hitting people etc 200+ days a year it would become a habbit. Not a good excuse or anything but its a small possibility.

Im not sticking up for him if he did do it then he deserves everything he gets but Im sticking by my original statement, I wanna see the facts first..it just could be his g/f jumping on the band wagon for all we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

no. no it wouldnt become a habit. no matter what you do in your job youdont form "habits" like beating up women.

do stuntmen fall down their stairs each morning by habit. do bus drivers charge their kids as they get into the family car by habit.

you see where im going here, im sorry, but that arguement is rediculous.

• Advertisement

I do know the difference but its still a viable point that if your going around stunning women, hitting people etc 200+ days a year it would become a habbit. Not a good excuse or anything but its a small possibility.

That's the biggest pile of cr@p I've ever heard on this forum. I'm not trying to be nasty but I've never heard anything as redicoulas as that.

Indeed, performing a move on a female wrestler is a different case for obvious reasons. However striking a woman with an open or closed fist is still a low act for any man to do, and is generally regarded as scum.

He was charged one other time, and that was Debra, who was meant to be pretty annoying and embarrassed the living hell out of him everywhere he went apparently. Not that it's an excuse or valid explanation, but it's easy to jump on the bandwagon.

It's like asking how many times was Tyson's domestic violence cases legit?
    Nero

This has bandwagon written all over it.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0329041austin1.html

look at the amount of n/a's on the report!
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

WWE should get on his back. This cant be good PR in any way shape or form no matter how you look at it.

Im agenst voilence towards women, as much as i joke about women and distrust them, I cant stomach the thought of hitting one.

IMO, this is a topic WWE need to get sorted. It dawned on me during the road warriors interview, that wrestling in some ways has become very OTT, and I am starting to be agenst it. Its not shock TV. Its wrestling.

Im gonna do a seperate post on this topic as Its one id like to discuss and see what yall think about it. All will be explained in a sec... watch this space...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

im not makeing excuses for the company but if theyr top 2 faces are wimon beeters (eddie and austen) then they cant fire someone fue it theyll loose lodes of money and although its bad pr it isnt the same as loosing the top 2

When did Eddie hit a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

He must have paid too much attention to that "he hit Dawn Marie" storyline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

not making excuses but woman beater is a bit harsh to describe the incident. As near as I can tell he pushed her over. Its not right but it certainly wouldn't be termed assault in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by vorbis
    not making excuses but woman beater is a bit harsh to describe the incident. As near as I can tell he pushed her over. Its not right but it certainly wouldn't be termed assault in my book.

If he did push her its still rather serious...u just cant go around laying your hands on anyone because of you lose your temper.

I know human nature and all that but still

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Should of giving the annoying nag a stunner..

Or not./

Advertisement