Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Admin forums

• 28-03-2004 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Couple of bans I'd like addressed.

Firstly boards events. I've contacted the moderator in question in an attempt to make amens, but he refuses point blank to discuss the issue with me, Personal grudge or what not. He points to this Troll and says it the reason for not granting my request, however that isn't me. Now I'm not playing innocent here, I trolled wwm, but that hardle deserve a perm ban and if the moderator won't discuss the issue thne that just leave you guys.

Secondly Feedback. I was banned for a months period about 6> months back, any chance of reviewing this situation, I would take it up with DeVore himself, but he seems to be out of the country or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Boston

If you have trolled a moderator and he has felt the need to ban you, its not really an admin issue, WWM is a long standing mod and I dont think the admins can really challange his decision when you freely admit to the trolling. I am not sure what can be done about that, is there any reason why you need access to post in that forum? if it is a case that you can make a valid contribution, I can only suggest that you try to talk to WWM again and see if you can win him over.

Regarding your ban from feedback suggestions for a month (six months ago) can you let me know who banned you and I will follow up to see if there is any reason why the ban was not lifted..

V.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think I was the one who banned Boston. Never got around to unbanning because as far as we knew he'd left boards, never to return (again). In fact, he returned as Skanger, and earned a ban for that username as well.

I don't particularly care if he's banned or unbanned at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Ive tracked it down.... you were not the evil doer this time ecksor... its was DeVore, he banned Boston for a
    a month or more depending on how I feel

Now seeing as how DeV is not feeling the best at the mo, Ill let him tell that "catching more air" story:).

So Boston, as long as I can take it you will not have a go at any of the admins, mods or other users, for any reason, I will lift the ban temporarily, DeV may still have reason to leave it in place and he cant be contacted!. We look forward to seeing you in feedback shortly.

V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Me and wwm have personal differences, we attempted to resolve them in person but it didn't work out to well. Vexorg, I've been posting on board events for awhile now under the username skanger without any problems, and for awhile before being banned with my current account, without issue. I don't think its a case of making a valid contribution, I have attended several boards events, and have contributed in the past afaik no other moderator has reported a problem with me posting on that forum. I don't think its a case of what I did, I just think wwm resents the fact that I post in his forum and he will openly admitt that fact. Im not asking to for you to go over anybodies head here, just maybe you could confirm I wasn't the troll mentioned above, and maybe wwm would be willing to reconsider his position. all i can do is try, Perhaps come to a comprimise where I'm not able to post but still lable to view the forum. This is the thread in which i was banned.

I was banned from feedback by DeVore, as far as i recall at the time he said it was for only a month. Most likely the reason it wasn't lifted was because I dropped off his radar for a while and never asked for it to be lifted. It was soemthign between me and Merc at the time, can't really remember what it was.

Originally posted by ecksor
    I think I was the one who banned Boston. Never got around to unbanning because as far as we knew he'd left boards, never to return (again).

In fairness ecksor you thought alot of things about me going away that time, I was gone longer then you think, bubbles had my account for awhile.

Thanks Vexorg

edit: And I've no intension of giving bubbles my account again since someone is doing a purge of all his accounts, its not safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Me and wwm have personal differences, we attempted to resolve them in person but it didn't work out to well.

No, we don�t have personal differences.
    You were banned for trolling and for being offensive several times to me and other posters, otherwise I just ignore you.
    Your attempts at 'resolving' consisted of you mailing me to abuse me and chastise me. All of which I also ignored.
    Vexorg, I've been posting on board events for awhile now under the username skanger without any problems, and for awhile before being banned with my current account, without issue.

Then you should have no problem continuing. I haven�t banned skanger because I see no reason to do so. If you feel the need to have multiple personalities, you go and have fun, that�s an admin problem.
    You feel like being a pain on any of the forums I moderate, then I have a problem. As I said, I have had no problems with skanger on any forums, so I haven�t banned that nick. Why would I?
    I don't think its a case of making a valid contribution, I have attended several boards events, and have contributed in the past afaik no other moderator has reported a problem with me posting on that forum.

Go you! A reformed member of society. You see, there�s always a happy ending...
    I don't think its a case of what I did, I just think wwm resents the fact that I post in his forum and he will openly admitt that fact.

You�re right, i'm busy working my way through all the people that have ever posted on any of my forums, and am banning them wholesale. I will eventually get around to adding the admins.
    I�m not asking to for you to go over anybodies head here, just maybe you could confirm I wasn't the troll mentioned above, and maybe wwm would be willing to reconsider his position. all i can do is try, Perhaps come to a comprimise where I'm not able to post but still lable to view the forum.

But you are able to see the forum, and have admitted to posting to it as skanger. I don�t see a problem. Although, openly allowing other users have access to your account to allow them to cause disruption and unpleasantness is probably not viewed in a good light by admins who have had to clean up after you and bubbles before.

As far as I am concerned, you are banned from the board�s event forum. You are still able to post there under a different nick, and it doesn�t bother me.
    If you, or if anyone starts getting troll like or unpleasant, I will ban them.

Although, to be honest, I mean, it hasn�t bothered you enough in the past 6 couple of months has it? Been busy at college? After all, I do believe you have said a good deal to many people here about how much you think we all suck and how gay we are etc etc.
    I see this as another one of your attempts to get a bit of attention. After all, you latest .sig for skanger really does say how much you respect boards.ie
    Imagine if you will some sort of proto-queen-muppet laying squawling muppet-maggots on the still live body of Boards.ie by means of a kinda ovipositor appendage.

Real cute.

This will be the only reply you get from me, and I will still not reply to you via PM, so please stop mailing me

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    No, we don�t have personal differences.
    You were banned for trolling and for being offensive several times to me and other posters, otherwise I just ignore you.

Name the other users, what's that?... they don't exist. Surely the other moderators will be able to confirm the complaints received about me. Surely there is some record on the mod forum of the warning I received before I was banned, is this not standard procedure. As for not have personal differences, I've never seen anybody show the level of contempt,veil and discuss that you have towards me both of boards and in reality. If this is how you treat people for whom you care nothing about, then I'd hate to see how you treat someone who has pissed you off. I'd love to know what exactly I ever did to you, is it my existence in general that you find offence or is it something less petty.

As regards the Pm's I was very very careful about not being offensive to you in them as I know the managements positions on that. If you wish to make a complaint about them feel free, the admins can check my Pm's to see what I sent if they can be arsed.
    I haven�t banned skanger because I see no reason to do so.
    So you admit that before you knew who I was you had no problem with me posting there, had no issues what so ever with myself. So since I've proven to be able to contribute again without problems why is there a need to keep the ban in place? as punishment? that's not your job mate.
    You feel like being a pain on any of the forums I moderate, then I have a problem. As I said, I have had no problems with skanger on any forums, so I haven�t banned that nick. Why would I?
    I don't know, but I'm sure you will think of something. I don't like being abused, and what you fail to mention before you banned me you where going tit for tat with me editing me posts, if you where a decent moderator and impartial as you claim you would have just banned me, instead you banned me and then trolled me, abite two faced wasn't it?
    Although, openly allowing other users have access to your account to allow them to cause disruption and unpleasantness is probably not viewed in a good light by admins who have had to clean up after you and bubbles before.

Last I checked that has nothing to do with you, I doubt you received a Pm from bubbles and you're not an admin yet.

After all, I do believe you have said a good deal to many people here about how much you think we all suck and how gay we are etc etc.

Once again confusing me with someone else there WWM, maybe all your aggression towards me stems from your confusion over exactly who I am. And the reason I didn't ask before was because I wasn't is a rush for abuse, but I figured I'd have to at least try before I asked for help from the admins.
    After all, you latest .sig for skanger really does say how much you respect boards.ie

Well actually that's a Quote from DeVore, so what's your point.

This will be the only reply you get from me, and I will still not reply to you via PM, so please stop mailing me [/B]

What is your problem, absolutely no concept of manners? I refuse to acknowledge your request.

Advertisement