Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness '04 (I refuse to call it O****n)

Options
  • 29-03-2004 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I know July is a bit off but I for one am quite looking forward to this.

I have my tent and my ticket and am finding myslef getting a little excited each time I hear/see an ad for Witnness '04

So far the line up seems to kick the ass of the '03 event and from the various rumours/leaks it seems like the trend is set to continue :D

Who's heading along?

What do you think of the line up so far?

Who would be your dream Witnness performer?

What would be your idea line up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

would like to see the Reindeer Section again, they payled a great one last time. Belle and Sebastian would also be nice. but i'd also like to see bands like Polar, Wallmark and 66e play, good irish acts could make the festival a great one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

i'd love to see jane's addiction.. that would be cool. Also Kerbdog, yeh i know they arnt around anymore.
    are there still tickets for camping on sale? And i know i should know this, but what are the dates for witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I refuse to call it O****n too! :D
    Even when I was buying my ticket.....:)

I'm ridiculously excited about Bowie playing. Would also love to see the Irish favourites such as the66e, Turn, Berkeley, FKOS, Fairuza.....etc.
    Oh yea, Polar, that'd be great too!
    (You going to the Sugar Club gig Tyrrial?)

International-act wise I'd love to see Muse.
    And of course Placebo, but we all know that's not going to happen.
    :(:confused::(:confused:

Ah wow, I can't wait for this!!
    Am looking forward to seeing the Strokes too actuall, I've never seen them before.
    Also, did anyone hear anything about The Vines playing?! I think I might have dreamt that......:rolleyes:

xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    but i'd also like to see bands like Polar, Wallmark and 66e play, good irish acts could make the festival a great one.

I couldn't disagree more - you can see that pile of mediocrity any time you want!

I'd like to see the Rapture again - highlight of last year.
    Who else? Em looking forward to Bowie mainly and Radiohead would be nice....

But if anyone even attempts to bring poppers into my tent again I will impale them with a tent peg! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Placebo, Berkley, Turn...

• Advertisement

Fair enough if you don't like the bands, but the fact that, as you say, we can see them "any time we want" is why they deserve the publicity of playing Witnness.
    They've worked their asses off around here, it'd be great to see them get an oppurtunity like this to widen their fan-bases.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

people keep laughing at me for calling it the witnness replacement festival. its not nice. so i tell them i'll put them in the witnness protection programme. they generally get scared, move of slowly into the crowd..

but yeah... man bowie's gonna rock... woo... i'm kinda excited about the darkness too... (don't hit me...) that man is sexy...
    I WANT THE
    *pixies* TO PLAY
    anyone thing there's any sort of chance??
    stupid fionnuisce park gig on during leaving cert.. bastards.. oh well..
    but yeah.. hm... pixies, radiohead, placebo, muse, counting crows, foo fighters, chris novoselic, beck..
    there'll be more.. just you wait
    :)

i learnt how to make colours to-day..

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

I'm still hopeing for the pixies to play alright! but i have grave doubts!

Go Campsite A!!! Hope they have the olympics and buckys mas again this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Id love to see
    McLusky
    British Sea Power
    Interpol
    Walkmen
    Weezer
    and i heard a rumor my bloody valintine are playing which would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah heard that too Derek, alas the two petes were unable to clarify for me :(

Meh!

Still gonna be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by lamda
    I couldn't disagree more - you can see that pile of mediocrity any time you want!

no problem, means more room at their shows for me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

they'll do what they've done every witnness so far... they'll get all the international acts they can and then fill in the empty slots with local talent...

it wouldnt be witnness without turn, bell x1 or snow patrol... i;ve seen em at every witnness so far methinks...

i'd love to see the rapture too ;) and i'd like to see ladytron again... and the mars volta having given muchos listenage to their album...

and of course radiohead would be great...

and get rid of the dance stage! change it to a punk or metal stage...

and free beer for me would be great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

:O Dont even think about ridding the dance stage to be filled with the mediocre metal/punk bands nowadays. If I want to see metal I'll head to the gigs in TBMC, and to the ambassador for the punk... Acts like leftfield rocked out in the previous wittnesses, dont dare take that away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

the pixies, the vines, yeah yeah yeahs, muse and ash would be cool
    whose idea was it to call it oxegen any way? is it gettin sponsered by the mobile network or somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    would like to see the Reindeer Section again, they payled a great one last time.

Dammit, I miss everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

is it gettin sponsered by the mobile network or somethin
    Its sponsored by heineken hence oxygEN

Ooh....Nada Surf and Hot Hot Heat. That's be so sweet. :)
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'd love to see Tool, Radiohead and Jane's Addiction. Also Mogwai were great last year I would like to see make another appearance.

I couldn't give a flying f*ck about the name change, it means absolutly nothing to me.

"A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet"...or something like that.

Yea, you're right. The name change really shouldn't make any difference to us. But I'm still going to call it Witnness. What can I say? I'm in denial. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Kudos for thinking of Interpol! ohhh love to see them again.

As for the Dance Tent I think it's great it keeps the scum all in one place and if you find yourself at a loose end it's a great place to laugh at the glowstick wielding idiots.

• Advertisement

*if one were a duck, what would one call oneself so as not to be scorned by one's ultracritical duck friends??*

yeah GO INTERPOL!! i missed them last time, if it were to happen again, twould be dire..
    hmmm dover would be pretty cool now that i think of it... actually scrap all previous, if they moved the coacheralla festival over here and stuck a big mutha witnness sticker on it & called it cheese, i know i'd be game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Says on their site that they wont be giggin' for several months due to new album.

Hopefully they'll make Witnness an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i'm torn between the 2... on the one hand theres goin along with loads of mates and havin a great time... on the other hand there's havin a complete blast with total strangers.... decisions decisions decisions.. any help would be appreciated on the matter

Originally posted by Altheus
    :Acts like leftfield rocked out in the previous wittnesses, dont dare take that away.

leftfield didnt play the dance stage. i'm all for seeing bands like leftfield, chemical brothers, basement jaxx, prodigy, air etc... and none of them played the dance stage...

and theres plenty of good metal/punk bands these days, at least it'd be more interesting than a few djs playing with their decs

althought lemon jelly played there last year and nightmares on wax, I have nothing against them, but its the uuuunnnsss uuunnnsss dance that goes on is what I'm against, well not against as such, but it wrecs my head.

The complete stone roses were in there last year though???

And the whole thing of walking through the fairground to get to the upstage sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Wheee Muse :D

Originally posted by legofsalmon

The complete stone roses were in there last year though???

another reason to steer clear!!!!!!!

oh ho, I sense some dislike towards the complete stone roses!!! mneh, i'm not going to complain.

Can't wait for the libertines though

Am thrilled about Muse playing, and am curious to see what all the hype is about re: The Libertines.

Oh, and I have to agree with legofsalmon that it was a pain in the ass having to go through the fairground to get to the Upstage (and the Dance Stage, even though I was only it once).

xxx me

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Shanannigan
    glasto or witnness
    go glastonbury all the way... man it sounds like the most amazing thing.. i would (literally) kill to be goin this year, stupid exams.
    if you go, i will live through you
    if that's ok :)

Advertisement