Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i d/load Vodafone Connect me software

Options
  • 29-03-2004 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Where can i d/load Vodafone Connect me software

I have a GPRS card with a Vodafone sim in my laptop but no way to connect to the internet...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Their Connect Me! software is available here (this is different to the software used with their own GPRS PC Card though...)

Did the GPRS Card you got (what make/model out of interest?) not come with any utilities to configure a connection or install a Modem Driver you can insert an Initialisation String into?

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You dont need the ConnectMe software to do it. Just configure a dial up connection and set the APN to ISP.VODAFONE.IE in the GPRS cards config tool. The dial up numbver you wil use is *98# and the username and password is "vodafone".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    You dont need the ConnectMe software to do it. Just configure a dial up connection and set the APN to ISP.VODAFONE.IE in the GPRS cards config tool. The dial up numbver you wil use is *98# and the username and password is "vodafone".

depends on the card (i.e. how easy / difficult it is to set up)... wouldn't that be *99#...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

wouldn't that be *99#...

Go on, try 98 ;) You might find it works too......

I suppose, it does depend how difficult it is to configure. What brand card is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

hi guys

its a sierra wireless 750 GPRS card running off the vodafone network

It actually turned out to be piss easy to configure...

Username,password,isp and dns and was sorted tks jesus_thats_gre

Actually posting this on the dublin to galway train (which is late again)

Cheers

Dwayne

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement