Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm Tungsten T3

Options
  • 29-03-2004 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying the Palm Tungsten T3 from America on EBay. Is there anything I should know about either this model or the american version of this model.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

It will come with a US power adapter. You'll need a simple converter.

There's lots of good information on the net about this device. Go to www.brighthand.com and register on their forums for the T3.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by RampagingBadger
    I'm thinking of buying the Palm Tungsten T3 from America on EBay. Is there anything I should know about either this model or the american version of this model.

it comes with a US adapter as hshortt mentiones, so rather than just a plug adapter, you'd need a voltage converter. they supply a 120V 60Hz adapter with US models, rather than an international 100V-240V adapter that comes with most of the devices in other territories

got one in October just after it came out - but had to swap it out in November (due to a yellowish/shadowing that affected some units)

t3_screen_yellow_edge.jpg

but their support team they were really good and swapped me out a brand new unit with a crisp clear screen - has been working great since then

battery life isn't as good compared to the T1 or T2... but some power saving tips: i don't have to keep the brightness control up very high for it still to be clear (mine is usually set to just above the lowest setting) and only having Bluetooth on when i need it i find makes it last a bit longer too

a screen protector would be a wise investment, Martin Fields, Bando and BoxWave are brands i use (with Martin Fields being my preference for clarity but Brando offering a less 'glare prone' option).

if you have any specific Qs fire away :)

BrianG

Advertisement