Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RedEye

• 29-03-2004 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, did anyone here participate in RedEye? I havent heard anything about it and nobody seems to know anything about it. I hope the winner was an IT Carlow student. I'd hate it if a trinity or UCD head won it. the prizes seem pretty good 2.
    i think theres actually more PCs in the library now after the competition.

ps any1 know if they had beds somewhere in the college or were the contestants expected to sleep on the floor in sleepin bags?

http://www.itcarlow.ie/redeye/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

A trinity team came second. I think it was a UCD team that came first but I'll check that cos I'm not sure. There was a 3d draughts game and a 2d pool game afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bpm

i really wanted bman to do it but he wa too chicken **** for the competition
    ha ha
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

A friend of mine from cork was in it and he told me the winner was a guy from athlone he got a dell system and the second prise was a XDA II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Most prizes were XBoxes .... dud prize i guess...
    apparently first few programs [in individual cometition] were easy enough
    [multiply 2, 20 digit numbers, without using direct multiplication]

....trust half the people to use int and wonder why program threw up errors
    /me claps for the retards of ireland

...it got progressively harder, and latter programs next to impossible I was told.

Team competition was programme a 3D game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Originally posted by The_B_Man
    ps any1 know if they had beds somewhere in the college or were the contestants expected to sleep on the floor in sleepin bags?

They didn't sleep, that was the point of it. They were allowed take breaks to eat or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by Sinnocence
    Most prizes were XBoxes .... dud prize i guess...
    apparently first few programs [in individual cometition] were easy enough
    [multiply 2, 20 digit numbers, without using direct multiplication]

....trust half the people to use int and wonder why program threw up errors
    /me claps for the retards of ireland

...it got progressively harder, and latter programs next to impossible I was told.

Team competition was programme a 3D game.

Did you enter???

heh,
    no, 2 friends did .... I knew about 5-6 ppl entering who helluva lot better than me at programming ...... so knew no point.

Individual competition was won by chap from Athlon IT....which was quite nice [apparently pissed some ucd heads off]

Group was won by UCD [for a Pool program they made]

Choices for group comp, were 2D pool, or 3D draughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just wondering; were they able to make a program beforehand, and just write that program @ the exam (as in, do wotever you want), or was there a list of games which you were given, and you had to pick one?

Advertisement