Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown comment (spoilers)

• 29-03-2004 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

if you watched sd on saturday you know angle is new gm, brocks gone to play fotty cena is holding a title and hhh never arived so its up to eddie and boker t to hold the companys top spot, finaly a good push for mr t, and with angle back on the mic im looking forward to sd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 abaddon1666

IMO SD has become really crap. Raw is far better. All the best stars seem to be on Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

im bummed. i missed it for the first time in a long while. wanted to see angle as GM.

IMO they really need to get the main event mix on SD right now more than ever. Without 2 top class main eventers like brock and angle they need the likes of booker and RVD to prove that they should be in the main events like a lot of people always said they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by a-hole
    if you watched sd on saturday you know angle is new gm, brocks gone to play fotty cena is holding a title and hhh never arived so its up to eddie and boker t to hold the companys top spot, finaly a good push for mr t, and with angle back on the mic im looking forward to sd

If you saw Smackdown from the beginning, you'd know that Cripple H was traded for Spike, Devon and Bubba Ray Dudley and Booker T.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i know.

mr t is handling his new run with eddie very well and its adout time he turned heel he could be a real draw

If used properly, yes. However was it just the way i had my televisions sound configured? Or did Booker T come out to a completely dead silent crowd?

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Did anyone else think "IRS" when they saw John "Bradshaw" Leyfield come out in a suit?

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

god , I hope they are not going down that road again...

Financial Analyst extroadanaire.
    Great, MSNBC has a spot for ya, but don't bore us to death whilst watching WWE!
    Nero

they need a big impact brawler to go agenst the wrestlers (big shows has to get his knees scraped) so bradshaws style will work well on sd and hes a good veteran who wont leve them to play movie/football star, he has payed his dues and deserves the push, youll see this hapening with a lot more wwe veterans.

• Advertisement

Calling him a veteran is a bit over the top isn't it?
    He's been in the WWE nine years, and what has he got to show for it?

The most over he was was when him and Simmons were in the Ministry, and that was five years ago!

Nero

define veteran, i dont think it has to do with how much your over, dose it? how come storms regarded as a veteran

rWo - Raw World Order. u laugh now, but it could work. have bischoff remotely pulling the strings and teddy as the mouthpiece like smiaras said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I was thinking that myself with Booker joining with the Dudleys in an anti-Smackdown faction.

On Bradshaw: I hate the guy. But... I'm willing to let it happen and not bitch. He's not going to win the title, and most likely it'll be a 1 (maybe 2) month feud and that's that. Much like Hardcore Holly. They were both with WWE for a long time, no harm in giving them a short push.

Originally posted by a-hole
    define veteran, i dont think it has to do with how much your over, dose it? how come storms regarded as a veteran

You're comparing Lance Storm to Brawshaw????
    Lance Storm did more in his WCW days than Bradshaw did in his entire career!

Nero

Originally posted by smiaras
    There is harm in a short push at the moment because SD is going through a transitional period due to injuries to anhgle and show, the draft but more importantly Lesnar's resignation. A lot of groundwork has to be put in at this crucial stage and they have to be careful that they don't bury any of the new superstars in their opening month. I bet the fan reaction to Bradshaw's character is as about responsive as that to Reverend D-von. Hopefully if they sacrifice anyone it'll be Bradshaw, I'd like to see Booker T work a feud with RVD in order to build up to becoming the main heel. I'll say it again however moving HHH back is a major mistake, people have been complaining about getting bored with him on Raw and it would have allowed him the ideal oppurtunity to continue to dominate.

But at the same time, the only other person they can feed to Guerrero right now is The Big Show, and we've only seen that feud a couple of months ago over the US Title. As you said, Booker T needs to be built as a main event heel (and I presume they want to give him the title at some stage this year) so inserting him straight into a feud with Guerrero would be wrong. With Bradshaw, I doubt there's any long term plans for his character, so he seems like the right person to feed to Eddie right now.

I agree. It'll definitely hurt the buyrate, and Triple H probably would've been better suited to Smackdown, but for whatever reason he stayed on Raw. At the moment, Smackdown seems to be in a transitional period, and with the people they've got on the show, I can't think of any other opponents for Guerrero right now.

• Advertisement

And lets be fair, this isn't the first time Bradshaw was pushed. Remember after the first brand split when Simmons was sent to SD! and Bradshaw to RAW?

It bombed, Simmons then retired and Bradshaw was floating around the midcard on RAW before he got injured.

Nero

Actually, RVD as a heel would've been pretty cool (something I think he has to do sometime in the future; despite the move, he's still the same stale charcter) with Paul Heyman as his mouthpiece. Obviously they would've had to kept Heyman on Smackdown in some way.

Don't worry Nero, in a couple of months Bradshaw will be floating around the midcard on Smackdown instead.

ive seen some of rvd's heel stuff in ecw, he is so sleazy when he wants to be. he'd be a great heel.

HHH on SD for 2 month, looses to guererro and then returns to raw in the trade they already did, would have eased the transition of so many people onto SD, got guererro over a bit more, guaranteed a solid main event for the next SD ppv. makes too much sense maybe

the prob with bradshaws push is that he'l end up fueding over the US title when he's finished with the WWE title

To be honest, I could see him being a decent US champion. Although, as pointed out earlier, we've never really seen what he can (or can't) do as a singles wrestler.

Originally posted by Exit
    To be honest, I could see him being a decent US champion. Although, as pointed out earlier, we've never really seen what he can (or can't) do as a singles wrestler.

I'd like to see RVD get some decent push now that he's on SD! Now that Cripple H is out of his face anyway.

Still don't get the Dudz going to SD! If it would make a diff to the tag division, thats fine but they broke up Hass and Benjaman, and replaced them with an inferior team if you ask me.

Nero

And the Bashams and La Frenchfrogs are hardly substitutes.
    I wouldn't mind, but they sent Dupree to SD! The only good one of the team.
    So basically they're gonna depend on Rob Conway to carry that team when Greneir eventually makes it back from injury?

God help us all!
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Wasn' it impressive how in the space of about three minutes they turned Booker T completely heel. I think it's good, often people become heels for no reason.

I'm not sure about RVD being a main eventer, maybe if he freshens up his gimmick and stops wearing the same old women's swimsuits he had in ECW. At the moment it's same old, same old. And am I the only one who thinks he's really slow around the ring? Sure his signatures are impressive, but everything else is kinda lethargic looking.

Is Bradshaw actually a financial analyst on fox??

IMO smackers isn't heading in good direction if you ask me.

• Advertisement

Don't expect Heyman on a new ECW either, WWE's official statement is Heyman got pulled off to get Angle in a non wrestling role, and they want Heyman to manage the weaker heels.

After Bradshaws promo, i get the feeling he'll have Heyman at his side soon,
    Nero

was watching rvds first ecw ppv and he is doing the exact same moves 8/9 years later like wtf

Seeing as Benjamin is getting pushed on Raw (I accidentally read a spoiler on the net :rolleyes: )
    maybe Charlie Haas could get a push, with Angle taking him under his wing again, acting as his mouthpiece (as Haas isn't that great on the mic) and maybe have Haas be Angle's pet. Not in a dogsbody kind of way, but in a Angle makes sure Haas gets the best opportunities kind of way.

Advertisement