Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF Vietnam for €14.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

lol , foff!

I meant 15 euro you you all know it :eek: :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

jesus i didn't i went to look up play.com to see wtf was so special about the box set i shit you not

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    jesus i didn't i went to look up play.com to see wtf was so special about the box set i shit you not

data

Data,

Would you put that in english for me please...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Has anyone got a spare ut2004?
    I'm livin in tallaght, liffey valley is kinda hard to get out too, don't get home from work till after 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

If I'm back there tomorrow I'll grab you one Lenny so long as collecting it from me is your responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i didn't know you meant e15 and i went and looked up play.com to see what was so special about this game (i thought you mentioned a box set for some reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lenny if he dont get it for you ,i be there in morning and will get it for you.

But 76/A/B goes straight by it but you will get old waiting on that bus :)

kdjac

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

milltown/kdjcac wher are you both living?
    I have a problem of leaving my house for work at 7am, and not returning until 6.30pm at least, and there is no late until fri/sat isn't it?
    But really appreacate if one of you could pick it up.. also is bf:V still there?
    If it is I am going to bring my one back to game (only got it on Sunday) and get my money back..
    thought I read a few people saying they got a few of these..?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lenny,
    Ill be in Blanch tomorrow,Ill pick you up a copy if you want.
    Richie.

Lads, I don't want 3 of yis buying copys tomorrow for me lol!
    Where are you located Hellrazor?
    So i could collect it off yea, you go to city centre much?
    I already have the game.. I just want UT for its serial to play online being honest, and wouldn't mind whipin bfv for 15yoyo's and bring the game back up to game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

It would be afternoon or early evening before I get back there so Kdjac or Hellrazer would be your best bet Lenny. Some tips for anyone who is going to Liffey Valley:

There was no BFV left on the shelves when I was there. I spoke to a youngish guy that worked there, was wearing a packard bell polo shirt not the delightful purple of the fúckwit sales staff, who knew his games. He had a root around and found me three :)

I read on another thread that there is some hiding going on. If you can't find what you are after, have a look around the WHOLE shop, behind other games/office suites etc. There is a ****load of quality games being sold for great prices at the moment, I'm sure a lot of people are going in with whatever cash they have and plotzing when they see what is there, taking what they can and hiding the rest for the return leg.

I'll be checking back here around lunchtime. Let me know if Lenny got sorted and if there's any Far Cry there to make it worth another trip.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lenny,
    Im in Celbridge but work in Finglas.Im in the city centre at least 3 time a week.If that suits send me a PM as Im off to bed now.
    Richie

Emm lads, Thanks for the offers.
    I'm actualy going to see if I could pinch a lift tomorrow off someone.
    I assume its late night tomorrow yea?
    Thanks again.
    I'll post back tomorrow if I can make it out there of whats left. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Hi Milltown, Im living in kilmacud near dundrum at the moment but have my own transport, Im just totally milled out of it the next few days with work and other committments so cant get out to pick one up.

So Ill travel to meet you if you end up with a spare one, would be much appreciated. (of course if your nick has anything to do with where you live getting to youwont be a problem! :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Hyzepher or anyone going to pc world
    i'll give anyone who has a paypal account the cost price of BF vietnam + UT2004 plus a tenner if they will post them to belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 [defunct]carlito

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    They had most of the latest games - the girl said Far Cry is included but none left for the moment. List of titles I remember

BF:Vietnam
    BF:1942 Deluxe
    X2: The Threat
    Max Payne 2
    Fifa 2004
    Age of Mythology
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    Price of Persia
    Deus Ex 2
    Hidden & Dangerous 2
    Armed & Dangerous
    Call of Duty
    Halo
    Railroad Tycoon 3
    Commandos 3
    Rugby 2004
    NHL 2004
    Links 2003
    The Sims - all versions
    Counter Strike
    III
    Championship Manager 03/04
    Delta Force - Black Hawk Down
    Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Athena Sword Add-On
    Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
    Sim City 4
    Sim City 4 - Rush Hour
    Command & Conquer: Generals Deluxe - C&C Generals & Zero Hour Expansion Pack
    Warcraft 3: Battlechest
    Starsky & Hutch
    The Lord Of The Rings: The War Of The Ring

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 [defunct]carlito

have most of them games u said apart from Bf vietnam.,.....also have prince of persia for Pc which i thought was class.......have about ten games on two DVDs with no CD patches......also lord of the rings 3......havent played it much,,,,but far cry is unreal especially when u shoot them in water and ur swimming in ocean and u see the blood just floating in water it look sooo real.......great game......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Went there yesterday and picked up 5 games for my self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I was in the Blanch store yesterday. No copies left of Far Cry, BF:V, and I got the last UT2004 that I could see. They didn't have many decent games left. I was wandering about the whole store anyway and couldn't see any games stashes away in other sections. The lady at the counter said what they have out at the moment is all they have left (mind, that's what she said, it might not be true, but she was an older lady and looked genuine).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

If any kind soul should go to either store, would they please pick me up copies of CoD, Halo, BF:V and Prince of Persia, and I'll throw in a fiver extra per game.

I'm a research student with a conference looming so I've absolutely no time available to go into town and then get the bus out :(

I can meet up in town anytime before Friday afternoon, or anywhere round the northside.

I may also give my special helper a hug ;)

PM meh if you'd be kind enough to assist a stressed-out student

/points to spreading grey areas in hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Joeface

for anyone how cant find the copies they are looking for , was in PC world at about 6.30 yesterday evening , they still had at least 12 of every game on sale left if not more .........thats PC world on the Dublin road in limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

My flatmate called from Liffey valley just there to say that theyd dug up the absolute last copies of bf:v. These werent even shrink wrapped (I told him to make sure to keep the receipts in case someone just stole the keys and returned them). As he was looking for three and they could only find 2 and that was with the help of half the shop I'm pretty sure thats the end of them unless there are returns. He also said there were copies of ut2004 for 20 euro on dvd still left (and the one I paid 25 sterling for is still lost in the post! grrr). If this is a move by pc world to sicken all us online purchasers it certainly worked.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Hi if anyone is going out to PC World and if you wouldn't mind could you pick me up a copy of Prince Of Persia , BF: 1942 Deluxe Edition and Command & Conquer: Generals Deluxe, if they have them and they are reduced (about e20)

I'll add a e5 to each game you get and I could meet you in Dublin city centre.

BTW My friend who is at college in Limerick went to PC World in limerick and got loads of the games, they had:
    BF: V
    Deus EX 2
    Halo
    Call Of Duty
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    Unreal Tournament 2004

Well at least they are the ones he got for me :)

They had Prince Of Persia, but it was marked full price and the woman at the till claimed it was definitely full price :(. CoD and Star Wars where also marked full price, but my mate got them at reduced price :)

They where really helpful to my friend at PC World, a guy working there brought out of the store room a trolley with all the games they had in the store room :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was in PC World in Limerick at lunchtime. Only BFV (x5) and Deux Ex 2 (x15) were reduced (or left!). UT2K4 was (back up to?) 44.95. Halo and COD were also full price. No sign of Far Cry, POP or KOTR.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by TmB
    I was in PC World in Limerick at lunchtime. Only BFV (x5) and Deux Ex 2 (x15) were reduced (or left!). UT2K4 was (back up to?) 44.95. Halo and COD were also full price. No sign of Far Cry, POP or KOTR.

As I said these games weren't marked as reduced in Limerick, however if you go up to the sales point and tell them, they will give you UT2K4, Halo and CoD at reduced price (e20 each), my friend got two of each, one for himself and one for me at reduced price in this way, just an hour ago. They have a big list of the reduced prices of the games at the till, ask the till person to check the list and enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I played BF Vietnam and I must say it's more enjoyable than BF1942 and Road to Rome but thats my preference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by bk
    As I said these games weren't marked as reduced in Limerick, however if you go up to the sales point and tell them, they will give you UT2K4, Halo and CoD at reduced price (e20 each), my friend got two of each, one for himself and one for me at reduced price in this way, just an hour ago. They have a big list of the reduced prices of the games at the till, ask the till person to check the list and enjoy :)
    Ah cool. :)

Deus Ex 2 was the one I wanted, and its the one I got.... so I'm happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Now i have bought 11 games in total. Went back to them today with more yoyos and got 6 more games. This is in waterford and they have lots of games still on shelfs.

Dont know where on eath im going to get the time to play all these games. If only i was in college or umemployed i be flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Did you get Farcry BadCharlie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

(no-one buy anything for me, I'm taking the plunge to Liffey Valley now. Thanks anyway)

Advertisement