Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF Vietnam for €14.99

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Quigs Snr

There was no far cry in the store. I looked and looked but did not find any copys. Im going to go back into the store on sat and maybe they will have restocked and have far cry on sale.

Anyone know how long this sale will keep going ?

And why did they do this major price cut in the first place ?

They cant be still making money on these Games ? . For example i got judge dredd Dredd vs Death for 10yoyos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm constantly up and down to PC world to see if they put out Farcry. If I see anything I'll post straight away and let u know. I'm up in cherrymount anyway so it's handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

I checked PC WORLD, Game and Smiths in Blanch for Farcry

No trace in PCWORLD
    Out of Stock in Game
    I got What looked like the last copy in Smiths. Took them an age to find. €44.99

It looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

If any one could get me a copy of far cry or c&c generals ill add an extra fiver to it or just let us know if they get them in stock.

Cheers
    adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Conlai

They need to do a clearout of certain titles as they are carrying to much stock. at present they are holding about 20 copies of each instead of about 5. So they want to clearout as much as they can. No chance of they restocking farcary at the reduced price. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Is the sale still on ?
    Going to call up today after work. One of my friends is coming into town cause of it. Just want to make sure we are not weasting our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Yup still on, and up to yesterday evening they still had most games. No battlefield vietnam or farcry but pretty much everything else still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm in work tomorrow so i'll pop over and see what they have.

did anyone notice morrowind game of the year edition by any chance? they have it on play.com for cheap but would be handy to get in pc world and i didn't see it on the original list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Did anyone come across Warcraft 3 in the sale? I was in PC World in Blanchardstown on Tues or Wed but no sign of it. Somebody listed it earlier as being on sale. Did manage to pick up Championship Manager 03/04 and Total Club Manager 2004 for €14.99 and €19.99 respectively or was that the other way around:dunno: . Anyway, Warcraft 3, anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I'll buy 2x BF:V for 40 quid (2x20), if anyone's selling. Please PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

is a pc world in cork city anywhere?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by suppafly
    is a pc world in cork city anywhere?

No and yes it is stupid, we don't have a single, PC World, Curry's or Dixons, yet Limerick, with a much smaller population does!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Me too!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

:D

that's is me, after today's visit to PC World in Blanch. Here's how the story goes............

In the shop looking at the games, some on the shelves and some in the bargain bins. Picked out a few games from the bins and approached the counter. Asked the woman at the till for the prices on the games. One of which was Far Cry (priced at 34.99) but I picked it out of the bargain bin. The woman said it was 34.99 and that even though they had sold them at 14.99 earlier in the week, she could "not legally sell it to me for that price".......yeah, whatever keeps you happy.

So I return to looking behind EVERY game in the shop for stash. While I was going around I picked up a copy of Dredd Vs Death (since it was only 9.99 anyway). I also picked up copies of FAR CRY(DVD), UT2K4(DVD) and the new broken sword game.

Waited about 5-10 mins at the counter for some service (since the woman who was there before had disappeared). So along came a woman called 'LISA' (TAKE NOTE OF THIS).

"I'll take this game (refering to dredd vs death) and can you confirm the prices on these other games, I found a couple of them in the bargain bins but they still have full price stickers on them". -ME

"ah, sure it doesn't matter, they are all €14.99 anyway" -LISA

"I'll leave broken sword for the moment so, thanks" -ME

"ok, so thats €39.97 please" -LISA

............and there you have it, FAR CRY on DVD (€14.99), UT2K4 on DVD (€14.99) and Dredd Vs Death (€9.99).......................

So, if in PC WORLD in BLANCHARDS TOWN........watch out for LISA!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

They have many more far cry?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

yeah, there were about 4/5 copies when I was there. Not in the bargain bin, but as you saw from what happened to me, do what you can.

They were all PC-DVD versions too, I found the one UT2K4 (which I bought) so I don't think there are any of those left. I must have spent half an hour looking behind every game in the shop, incase I saw something.

anyway, yes say about 4 copies, as of 17:00 yesterday (Tuesday)

Advertisement