Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World selling games cheap (really cheap..)

Options
  • 29-03-2004 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

For all platforms, but specific prices Ive been told are:

BF: Vietnam €15
    Athena Sword €9.99
    Farcry €20
    and so on.

Those prices are from the Blanch Pc World, if that makes a difference. Have to say, find it hard to believe, despite the fact several co-workers were there themselves.

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

fook! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

uh, crap - I just bought FarCry in Xtra-Game in Blanch for €40 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

This makes me want to eat some nice cake and then go up to that place and buy cheap games.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    BF: Vietnam €15
    Athena Sword €9.99
    Farcry €20
    and so on.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Beyond Good & Evil was there for 20 quid on SUnday for PS2. Didn't see much else unless Farcry came in on Monday (today)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thats selling the things almost below cost.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PC World in Liffey Valley have same deals , try and beat me to the door at 10am with €35 for farcry and BFV ,go on try :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

any news on the Waterford branch if they have the same deals? if so Play can stuff their waiting on stock and i'll cancel my order

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

:ninja: :ninja: leetness!

Just in the door from checking the waterford branch, they have the games you said apart from Far Cry. I got BF Vietnam €14.99, Deus EX €14.99, Savage €14.99, Total Club Manager €14.99, MOH: Breakthrough €14.99, Star Wars KOTOR €19.99, Star Wars Galaxies €19.99, Armed and Dangerous €19.99 NFS Underground €14.99, Vietcong Purple Haze €14.99, Ghost Recon Complete €14.99

ps Unreal Tourney 2k4 was on the poster for €19.99 but they didnt have it out. the girl behind the desk said there's a lot more to come out including flight sims

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm just back from the Liffey Valley branch, where I picked up Battlefield: Vietnam for €14.99 :D
    No sign of FarCry, but I'm heading over to Blanchardstown after lunch, so here's hoping.
    I also noted that they had both Deus Ex 2 and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for €14.99 too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by kensutz
    ps Unreal Tourney 2k4 was on the poster for €19.99 but they didnt have it out. the girl behind the desk said there's a lot more to come out including flight sims

I got it in Liffey Valley for €14.99 - had loads of copies.

Hyzepher

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    I got it in Liffey Valley for €14.99 - had loads of copies.

Hyzepher

What time were you there?
    Did you notice if they had any copies of FarCry at that time?

None - or I would have got a few - they said they would definitely be getting more

Hyzepher

did anyone see any more copies of far cry around? still no sign of it here, although its only down the road from me in waterford so i can keep checking. she said they have 2 copies of UT2k4 in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I was only in there on sunday an im absolutely sure i saw far cry in pcworld waterford, wasnt really looking at the games that day was after memory but im sure i saw it in there

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

So this is actually for real? They are selling games for €15 that other places sell for €45+? Im amazed, they must still be making a profit with them as it would be stupid to sell them below cost price. They are going to make a profit by quanity sold I assume.

Hopefully they will keep it at those prices and not raise them back up, that way possibly forcing other retailers to also lower their prices. BUT shurly how can they sell games for those prices, thats even cheaper then any online store.

Actually the volumes of each game that they have leads me to believe that either they had a purchasing error or they got a good price on massive bulks and now need to get rid of them.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Actually the volumes of each game that they have leads me to believe that either they had a purchasing error or they got a good price on massive bulks and now need to get rid of them.

Yes but even so, they could still sell them for €30 a pop and sell nearly asa many and make a larger profit. Just seems like weird business to me. If they are constantly doing it with all games from now on I will commend them, but if its just a once off thing I'll shake my fist. BFV cost me €45 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Was in Waterford one just now.

Got....

XIII 14.99
    BF Vietname 14.99
    Prince of Persia (& control pad) 14.99
    Unreal 2004 19.99

No far cry, but they literally had everything else, even flight sim 2004 for 19.99 and they were packing more boxes of games onto the shelves.

• Advertisement

Back down i go for flight sim. Was it in the boxes by the tills or on the shelf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Any idea if there are any PS2 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just back from the blanchardstown branch - picked up BF:V -E15,UT2004 -E20,COD -E20.frikken sweetness,altho i went to buy another copy of ut2004(49.99) and a differant checkout assistant said only games with the low price sticker on them can be sold at that special price, evan tho they had a huge poster with on sale for E20 :rolleyes

**also,think i got the last BF:V,was serching for a copy for 15 mins**

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Aaaarrrgghhhh are any of the PC Worlds in the city centre doing similar deals? In fact are there any PC Worlds in the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Originally posted by kencleary
    Aaaarrrgghhhh are any of the PC Worlds in the city centre doing similar deals? In fact are there any PC Worlds in the city centre?

Don't think there's any in the City centre Ken

3 in Dublin suburbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Well up until about 2 months ago I worked in Pc World in Liffey Valley, and had been there for about 3 years. Things like this happen every now and again, but it won't last. What usually happens is when the Head Office people notice that other stores are out-selling them in games, they bring out these special offers. Sometimes games get sold at discount that weren't supposed to be, so in these cases just snap them up! I've been asking people I still know there about this, but they haven't been told how long these offers will last. But when they happen it's great! I got loads of stuff cheap when I was there due to these Head Office mistakes!
    The same thing sometimes happens in Currys and Dixons, so keep an eye on them. I once got a Gameboy Advance, AC charger, screen magnifier, and light, all for €15! And a 28" widescreen tv with universal remote for under €200. Just keep checking the bargain zone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

just back from waterford one, they were actually restocking the shelves when i went in there

got

armed and dangerous
    judge dredd for a tenner :p

hope it lasts until payday next week then im in again for a lot more lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

There are only 2 retail stores in Dublin, the rest are offices.

These are Liffey Valley and Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Just to confirm, the only PC Worlds in Ireland are Liffey Valley, Blanchardstown, Limerick, Waterford, and a new one in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Do they have an outlet in Galway?

Advertisement