Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World selling games cheap (really cheap..)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Nope, not unless they've opened one recently. When I left they hadn't even opened the Dundalk one. But there might be a Dixons around there somewhere, they're much more common.
    By the way, you can buy anything from them over the phone, once you have a credit card. They'll ship whatever you want out via SDS, so you should have it within 2-3 days. As far as I remember shipping is about €8 per parcel, and you can package quit a few games in one parcel. Might be worth considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Oh yeah, one crazy rule they have about phone orders is that you have to have a listed phone number. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If I had a euro for the amount of times the phone has rung out when trying to contact PC World in Blanch...

I love it lasts until Friday and Splinter Cell is part of the deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

thats weird. they're normally a rip off. This a permanant thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

No they told me they were clearing out overstock.

Kensutz, FS2004 was in a box next to the shelf about 10 copies of it getting ready to be put up on the shelf.

They have loads of copies of all of them.

No splinter Cell pandora etc.... but they did have the original for 14.99

• Advertisement

Just took a trip over to the Blanch store just to have a look.

There's not a lot left :(

After I dug around in the bins for a bit I saw one UT2k4 for €19.99, Harry Potter galore, lots of Max Payne 2, a few coppies of Halo. The other cheaper bins hadn't much in them worth mentioning...C&C Generals.....

Walked around the shop a bit and saw Prince of Persia with the gamepad among some books and I though - someone hid this and is coming back with €15 for it...*yoink*

:( Asked how much it was when I got to the cash desk: €27.95 :mad:

Might take a trip over to Liffey Valley to see if they have a larger selection tomorrow...

Also, went across to Currys to see if they were charging the same, everything is at full price.

Dixons is charging €25 ish for PS2 and Xbox games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ah combat cow ya bastard u got the last one! I was just in there and i was looking for ages but no sign of it :( . They all got Deus Ex in there to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tha was my copy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

these PC games or PS2 games your all on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PC games and PS2 and Xbox.
    They overstocked as said above and all offers are until stock is gone, then resume normal price, If you find one game with the 50 price on it will cost you 50 but if 3 feet to the left with 14.99 then it that.

I got Farcry ,BFV , COD Hit and Run Desert Storm 2 Unreal 2004 and Sims somfin for under 100 ,thats fekkin class :D

Some of the games wont sell so i going back over on thurs with another 100 and seeing what i can get.

LOL i hid BFV in the kids section until i got to the pass machine , 2 guys followed me around store knew i had no cash with me HA! to them i say :)

Also to whoever was looking for Fl2004 today when i was there i say well done ,he was looking for that one game at the till he had 16 games and a trail of drool behind him, i was like that also with less drool.

Kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

COD Hit and Run

Im just curious is that COD hit and run or cod and hit and run, cause if its an expansion to cod mes getting it

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Ah combat cow ya bastard u got the last one! I was just in there and i was looking for ages but no sign of it :( . They all got Deus Ex in there to.

:o
    LOL,sorry.I wanted another UT2004 aswell but dam u RobertFoster.I looked in that bin aswell :confused:

Im sure a little price sticker swapping was going on today :D

CombatCow

Originally posted by shinzon
    Im just curious is that COD hit and run or cod and hit and run, cause if its an expansion to cod mes getting it

Shin

Simpsons Hit and Run, missed a comma :D
    Kids wanted somfin.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

had a good laugh at that alright, i knew i didnt miss any expansion packs kdjac

:D

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I stood there at the till this morning in the Waterford Branch with 15 games in my hand and it took the girl ages to scan em in there was a couple of fella's standing behind me and i thought it was funny coz they were impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

if anyone is around a PC World tomorrow and see's a Farcry will they let me know??

Originally posted by Combatcow
    I wanted another UT2004 aswell but dam u RobertFoster.I looked in that bin aswell :confused:

I just stuck my hand in and out came UT2004 :D

I didn't get it though...so you might have a chance if you run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Didnt see any Far Cry's - lots of BF Vietnam and CoD's still in the Liffey Valley branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

If any kind soul should go to either store, would they please pick me up copies of CoD, Halo, BF:V and Prince of Persia, and I'll throw in a fiver extra per game.

I'm a research student with a conference looming so I've absolutely no time available to go into town and then get the bus out :(

I can meet up in town anytime before Friday afternoon, or anywhere round the northside.

I may also give my special helper a hug ;)

PM meh if you'd be kind enough to assist a stressed-out student

/points to spreading grey areas in hair

Originally posted by Epitaph

I may also give my special helper a hug ;)

Are you of the female variety?

I be over later but can send mate over now to get stuff.

kdjac

• Advertisement

If I was female, I most certainly wouldn't mention grey spots, now would I? :D

Sure'n didn't I take a massive old telly off you last August? ;)

Anyway man, there's no mad rush. If you're heading over then deadly, but don't go outta your way.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

Just got back from both stores with:

Manhunt PS2: 14.99
    XII PC: 14.99
    Deus ex Invisible War: 14.99

No Farcrys left in either store. Blanchardstown is pretty cleaned out but Liffey Valley still had a few copys of UT 2004, KOTOR, H&D2 etc. No BF Vietnams going cheap they had a few copies in Liffey Valley but were normal price. Would have liked FarCry and BF Vietnam but hey 45 euro for 3 brand new and recent games is a good mornings work.

If you are thinking of going out to one go to Liffey Valley it has much more at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

PC World waterford still has loads left. Was there again today, this time got SW KOTR
    and Deus Ex 2. Plus Beyond Good and Evil PS2 for 10 Euro and Kingdom hearts for 5 !

No FarCry though and they haven't had it at all as far as I can see. I wonder was it another boards user I was talking to down there at lunchtime also looking for FarCry, if you were, let me know if you get one !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

if anyone would be kind enough to grab a copy of farcry (if you can find it) and send it to me, i'll cover the cost and there might even be a quid in it for ya ;)

(no-one buy anything for me, I'm taking the plunge to Liffey Valley now. Thanks anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Im headin down to liffey valley tommorow and im praying they have a copy of BF:V and UT2004 there. /me prays frantically to try and stop the evil tranny that is u all going out and robbing me copy of BFV and UT2004 :D

I went over to Liffey Valley today and picked up:

-the last PoP w/ joypad;
    -Beyond Good and Evil (PS2);
    -Prisoner of War;
    @ €14.99 each

-Halo;
    -Unreal Tournament 2004;
    @ €19.99 each

They have lots of Halo left, and a few UT2004, and pleanty of Max Payne 2. Get to Liffey Valley if you can as Blanch hasn't much left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

are there any decent ps2 games in liffey valley? i dont want to waste my time in that dump of there aint anything worth coming home with.

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    are there any decent ps2 games in liffey valley? i dont want to waste my time in that dump of there aint anything worth coming home with.

No nothing worthwhile, i looked seemed to be the crap that noone buys all on one small shelf with xbox games at front of store.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    -Unreal Tournament 2004;
    @ €19.99

what a waste of €20 :(

ahh! buyers remorse!

Advertisement