Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World selling games cheap (really cheap..)

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

If anyone manages to find a copy of Far Cry for €20, I'd be grateful to the tune of an extra fiver if you would pick it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    I went over to Liffey Valley today and picked up:

-the last PoP w/ joypad;
    -Beyond Good and Evil (PS2);
    -Prisoner of War;
    @ €14.99 each

-Halo;
    -Unreal Tournament 2004;
    @ €19.99 each

They have lots of Halo left, and a few UT2004, and pleanty of Max Payne 2. Get to Liffey Valley if you can as Blanch hasn't much left.

Damn you and your PoP theiving!! ;)
    Must have been in the door right after you.

To add to our Scottish poet's list of what's still available in Liffey Valley, there's a good few of the following left
    Call of Duty
    Age of Mythology
    Halo

and only a few of
    UT 2004
    KOTOR

Picked up Halo, CoD and UT 2004 (for €60) which suited me as I'm not a big multi-player (no web at home).

BTW there were about 5 BF:V's there at 40 euro behind some other Vietnam/WW2 games down an aisle, in case anyone is still hankering to napalm Charlie back to the Ho Chi Minh Trail for full price. No cheapos though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by Epitaph
    BTW there were about 5 BF:V's there at 40 euro behind some other Vietnam/WW2 games down an aisle, in case anyone is still hankering to napalm Charlie back to the Ho Chi Minh Trail for full price. No cheapos though.

Of course the old 'relabelling of stickers' could get you a 'special offer' one - if you were into that type of thing ;)

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Of course the old 'relabelling of stickers' could get you a 'special offer' one - if you were into that type of thing ;)

I don't think that works, the print on the labels flakes if you peel them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by Samson
    I don't think that works, the print on the labels flakes if you peel them off.

Is that so? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Got me Ut2004 for 20 quid, theres loadsa stuff in PC World, Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I picked up a BF:v with the price tag of 44Euro but i sucessfully switch the sticker for a 14.99 tag and got away with it no problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Just up in Blanchardstown and picked up Max Payne 2, Deus Ex 2, Unreall 2004, Vice City and Call of Duty for 14.99 and 19.99. Excellent. They are still putting games out. There was a guy going around putting stickers on. No sign of BF Viet Nam though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Yeah, I got:

unreal tournament 2004 (tbh, first impressions show it to be pretty boring)
    Halo (for the multiplayer)
    XIII
    Call of duty
    Red fraction 2

No sign of far cry at a reduced price. Should of got it anyway, 35 is still pretty good.
    I guess play will have it cheap enough in a few weeks.
    anyway websites doing it cheap??

No sign of bf: Vietnam either.:(

oh well, I heard call of duty is better anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

was in blanch myself today got ut2004 and a couple of copies of X2 the threat, one didn't have the reduced sticker but when asked she gave me the two for 15 each though she did ask where i found em.

didn't see any vietnam or deus ex 2 or pop either but i have them already, was tempted to get KOTOR as well. i asked was far cry reduced but now joy, i too think 35 euro is pretty decent how much is it in game?

• Advertisement

Game have it for 50 euros/ virgin have it for 45

play.com have it for 37.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I know this is silly but which game is KOTOR?

Originally posted by neokenzo
    I know this is silly but which game is KOTOR?

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its star wars: knights of the old republic.

some folks seem to be billing it as the finest western rpg ever made. it wont work on my machine and i dont have an xbox so i cant give a concrete opinion but if its even a fraction of the games fallout 2 or planetscape torment are it is a 100% essential purchase and the case of the xbox one of the best reasons to own one.

Does KOTOR implement voice chat on the xbox?? What about the PC version?
    Have to check it out, anyway.

Did anyone buy gangland? Is it any good? Supposedly it's ment to be similar to grand theft auto(says on the back of the game).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Liffey Valley had no copies of Unreal 2K4 left at the bargain prices yesterday so we got the last two full priced on the shelf and the checkout guy let us have them at 19.99.

However, people here mentioned that Xbox and PS2 games were included in this sale, but I could see nothing advertising a sale or any reduction in prices. Was it in Liffey Valley or was it PS2 only and not Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by neXus9
    Does KOTOR implement voice chat on the xbox?? What about the PC version?
    Have to check it out, anyway.

Umm, KOTOR is a single player game..

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by neXus9
    Game have it for 50 euros/ virgin have it for 45

play.com have it for 37.75

Xtragame have it for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

mx2.co.uk have it for €31.20 aprox inc p&p.

http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/MX2_co_uk_PC_Shooters_A_F_48.html

never used them before. Play.com is probably a better/safer bet for the sake of €6

Thanks. Has anyone used this website before??

What's xtragame like for 2nd hand games? Where are the stores located? From what I heard, they're meant to be cheaper than game. It would be nice if you could make direct trades with say, only a fiver more for games that came out the same year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

nice , are these awesome prices still going on?

I want BF vietnam, Far cry , Ut2k4

If they are plz tell me where i can go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I got Far Cry in Blanch for 34.99, still pretty good as it's 45 or 50 in the city

In Liffey Valley today I got Call of Duty for 19.99 (plenty of copies left) and DE: Invisible War for 14.99 (a few copies left). Lots of UT2k4 in Liffey Valley.

I was looking for BF:Vietnam but no show. Medival Total War and other stuff like Praetorians for 15 quid, Angel of Darkness for 9.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gozer

Got BF Vet for 14.99 this mornining @ Limerick Branch. There were 3 copies left. Be quick.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

pft to far im in dublin, 15min from center

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Gozer
    Got BF Vet for 14.99 this mornining @ Limerick Branch. There were 3 copies left. Be quick.:cool:

Go back and get them and sell them for a profit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Another successful trip to PCWORLD waterford this morning managed to pick up

Age of mythology and exp
    Splinter cell

But there running out fast, batttlefield Vietnams gone, they still have loads of copies of max payne 2 and only 2 copies left of UT2004

So if you want anything id be quick if i were you, anyhoo one of the games i was after was Star wars Galaxies, they didnt have it in the back or out front, so if anyone has bought multiple copies or just wants rid of it, Post here and ill take it off you for the PCWORLD PRICE

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

they had plenty down there when i was in the shop the other day

Originally posted by kensutz
    they had plenty down there when i was in the shop the other day

i know thats why i thougt id get it when i went in today i even asked 2 guys i know in there was there any copies of galaxies left, unfortunately nada zip on both counts, I asked that stout girl behind the counter to have a look as well, there was some returns behind the cash desk but not one of em was galaxies unfortunately

Hence the asking LOL

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Ok, I used to work in PC World Liffey Valley and was talking to a few of the guys yesterday. Seemly they've been sent another shipment of games at the cheap prices, but aren't allowed put them on the shelf till next week. So I reckon if any of you still want any games, check either over the weekend or next monday. I don't know if the same applies to any other stores, but it might be worth checking out. Hope this cheers some of you up! :D

• Advertisement

I believe the waterford branch will be getting the cheap games in again as i was talking to my contact out there and he seems to think they will

Anyhoo added

Black hawk down and expansion to my collection today :D

On the other hand hope they dont get them in again, this sale is doing serious damage to my bank accont lol

Shin

Advertisement