Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World selling games cheap (really cheap..)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Shin, any idea when more will be coming in and if they will be different. Don't think I missed much this time out, between a few of us we got about 22 different titles, got 9 myself. Added Judge Dread to the list yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Interesting this cheap games stuff, having picked up FarCry, CoD and DE:IW myself. No way was I buying DE:IW at full price, but at 14.99 I will. How many games have we all bought now that we wouldn't have?

Surely this proves the point of high prices leading to a lot of piracy (not that I pirate games, at least not since the days of the Amiga and such) because with low prices people here are spending more than they would have on say two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I pirate some games, i am not proud of this, but until prices are reasonable i will continue to do this. If games cost 20 euro, i would definiately buy a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Captain Trips
    How many games have we all bought now that we wouldn't have?

I wouldn't have even gone into PC World if it wasn't for the prices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I was talking to a guy I know in the Limerick branch and he said the games were cheap because PC World is getting out of the games market altogether .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Shin

any sign of any new games coming? I'm currently over here in Norwich supportin the mighty yellows on the promotion trail. I'll be back on Tues for a few days then back over again.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by jonski
    I was talking to a guy I know in the Limerick branch and he said the games were cheap because PC World is getting out of the games market altogether .

Doubt that will happen they sell a lot of games with their shiny pieces of crap, many a person who buys a new pc will have to buy some software for each family member and more than likley it be a game of some sort.

I amazed some big websites havent picked up on this it has to be the best way to proof games prices are too high ever :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Doubt that will happen they sell a lot of games with their shiny pieces of crap, many a person who buys a new pc will have to buy some software for each family member and more than likley it be a game of some sort.

kdjac

He said the problem is ppl buy their pc's in there , then they buy a game later on , following day they bring back the game and complain that it won't play on the shiny new piece of crap that they bought in pc world . Turning out to be more trouble than its worth .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by kensutz
    Shin

any sign of any new games coming? I'm currently over here in Norwich supportin the mighty yellows on the promotion trail. I'll be back on Tues for a few days then back over again.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not yet kensutz, but im assured there on there way

Shin

Advertisement