Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mod Needed On Pro Wrestling Forum

Options
  • 29-03-2004 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Over the past week discussion has been taking place to determine if we need a new mod to assist bombidol on the pro wrestling board. There have been many instances over the past week where members have been posting information without spoliers thus ruining a weekend of wrestling for many fans. We held a poll to decide who to elect as a new co-mod or whether members would prefer to retain the existing situation. For a quick overview the vast majority of members would like a new co-mod to assist bombidol. The wrestling forum is gaining popuarity each day and it is felt that more than one mod is needed (NeroTheExtreme being the man of popular choice).

The potential of spoiled information is extreamly high in wrestling as the two main WWE shows are shown on Monday and Thursday in America but on Fridays and Saturdays in Ireland. As a result of this many members read ahead and some of our less intellegent members post information without spoiler tags. The damage inflicted must be limited as much as possible. This has been discused to a limited extent with our current mod bombidol but unfortantly he hasn't acted on our suggestions nor given us much feedback. Thanks for your time, I hope you can assist us.

Views on this topic can be located at these threads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149547

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149705
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Tsk, everyone knows those polls are fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Why don't you read the threads and you will discover that they are not fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Did you ever try NOT reading the posts that look like they show spoilered info?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

It's not a question of if the poll was fixed or not (although it wasn't to my knowledge).
    Fact of the matter is a lot of people on the board felt there was a co-mod was required BEFORE we even started a poll as no one person can be around the board every second of the day.

bombidol has said he'd consider it, however this was a week ago and nobody has heard anything, we've done all that we can to keep the board active while cutting down the muppetry to a minimum, but when it comes to wrecking certain shows for other people, there's only so much we can prevent.

Just a thought,
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i think it was a dig at wrestling there davey.

i second what davey's saying. Its not just about spoilered info. Because of the nature of pro- wrestling, we have a lot of people creating accounts just to post "wreslting is gay" threads. and generally flaming/trolling.

Ok ok, I realise that the polls are broken, I'll fix them as soon as I get around to it.

C'mon ecksor, if we can be serious for a minute! ;)
    Nero

• Advertisement

If I take a few days to think about this and consult with a few individuals will you put up a poll voting for a new admin?

Why not suggest to Bombodial that he post a warning about spoilers and ban anyone who does it from the forum.

You can help out by using the report thread link.

That way people who don't follow the rules learn quickly that it won't be tolerated and you eliminate the problem, rather than putting a thumb in the dyke, so to speak.

Another mod won't stop people posting spoilers any more than before, it just means they can edit them faster, people are still going to be exposed to spoilers.

Sometimes the best solution, isn't alwaysthe quick fix one.

we already had a poll and nero was voted in, with a big majority. he's generally considered the most knowledgeable on the subject, and is on quite a lot.

Why does there have to be so much resistance. WE NEED ANOTHER MOD. It's as simple as that.

Hm, when you put it like that I suppose ...

All the above have been suggested syke, but not everyone is online 24/7
    Hence why the idea of a second mod is going through.

At one point, one moderator was able to do it, but in the last few months, the board has gotten a lot busier. Hence why we feel we need a second one.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It is quite a popular forum. I would think it could always do with another mod.

Originally posted by smiaras
    Been there done that, this is the second occasion that the topic of a new mod has come up in recent weeks.

Ecksor do you want us to put up another poll as to whether we want a 2nd mod?

Looks like you got your wish. :)

He's generally online alot too!

• Advertisement

If ecksor wants to do it, more power to him i say.
    Although you'd need to be watching wrestling or taking a pretty keen interest in it to know when spoilers are being posted up where they shouldn't be.

I know bombidol takes care of it when he's online from time to time, however as i said, nobody is on 24/7.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    however as i said, nobody is on 24/7.

You clearly don't know ecksor.

What the hell is this crap. Typical elisist boards crap. We voted Nero in as mod and some boards joker thinks he knows enough about wrestling to be a mod in the forum. Tell me ecksor what are your credentials to fill this position??

WE WANT NERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    If ecksor wants to do it, more power to him i say.

Although you'd need to be watching wrestling or taking a pretty keen interest in it to know when spoilers are being posted up where they shouldn't be.

I know bombidol takes care of it when he's online from time to time, however as i said, nobody is on 24/7.

I have no doubts about excksor's ability to maintain topics in any mod but I agree strongly with what nero says. That's why I feel maybe ecksor shouldn't be mod of the forum.. He isn't on it at all and if he doesn't know what is a spoiler and what isn't then how will he be useful (that is the main issue here ppl posting unwanted spoilers)

well im not sure this is an issue of elitism, but more of ecksors attitude to this topic is not to take it seriously. tell me ecksor, if another board had posted here and requested another mod, having already done as much research into who they wanted as we have, would you have been so quick to appoint yourlsef said boards mod.

i think nero and ecksor should enter into a wrestling quiz and the man who proves himself to have the most knowledge of the subject matter, should be made moderator. no, didnt think so!

It's simple. ecksor agrees that their is a need for another mod - so he makes himself mod. Except ecksor has forgotten a simple rule of life - give the job to the person most suited. I'm sure even ecksor would agree that Nero is more qualified for the job than himself. So why not give the job to Nero??? Elitism.

ok ecksor. the first challenge to your modship was posted by davey @ about 20.00

lets just see when you answer it, seeing as your online so much.

oh btw who was the last NWA X-champion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Calm down lads. I don't know if ecksor put himself as mod as a joke, or if he genuinely intends on looking after things there, but being a knob won't help the mod situation either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

from my point of view ecksors problem here seems to be more to do with the complete idiocy in the way you are treating this.

Or at least davey devils complete idiocy. coming on here not asking but demanding

"WE NEED ANOTHER MOD. simple as that" isnt the best way to get things done around here.

The second thing I'd not be happy about is that there seems to be little or no input from your mod. you seem to have decided he's taken too long and just gone right behind his back, which is really ****ty IMO.

Also you've all managed to reduce yourself to the stereotype of idiotic wrestling fans in the last few posts of this thread. well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

the only way to sort this is to get some1 from outside the forum to organise a vote

some1 like regi or eksor. bombidol knows about the character of plenty of the regulars at this stage so if you want to nominate yourself for the position then bombidol can vouch for and regi or ecsor run the vote.

my 2 cents

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement