Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mod Needed On Pro Wrestling Forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I meant "you" as in the wrestling board users in general. Grow up nero, i attempted to clarify what i meant and you decided to get on the offensive.

Remove the pole from your nether regions, i'm sure its beginning to hurt at this stage. :rolleyes:

{edit} NOW you're allowed get annoyed :P {/edit}

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I think it is safe to say that there is no need for more arguments...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by crash_000
    I meant "you" as in the wrestling board users in general. Grow up nero, i attempted to clarify what i meant and you decided to get on the offensive.

Remove the pole from your nether regions, i'm sure its beginning to hurt at this stage. :rolleyes:

{edit} NOW you're allowed get annoyed :P {/edit}

lol a c-mod from CTYI is now god to tell me when I'm allowed to get annoyed. I've seen it all now :rolleyes:

At this point, i couldn't care less, but sometimes ya gotta vent.
    Nero

...Worst comeback Ever. why didnt you try the old "my dad could beat your dad up" line? it might've been more effective. (or entertaining)

And thats the end of that chapter.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I like to lick between my toes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

HEY FUN BOYS!
    Get a room!

....dont you already do that seamus? :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I don't think anyone answered this question:
    Originally posted by ecksor
    If I take a few days to think about this and consult with a few individuals will you put up a poll voting for a new admin?

Apparently the confusion here is that the wrestling forum users expected me to

(a) Jump immediately at this request without checking the situation out.
    (b) Appoint a moderator on the basis of a poll.
    Davey Devil said
    We voted Nero in as mod and some boards joker thinks he knows enough about wrestling to be a mod in the forum. Tell me ecksor what are your credentials to fill this position??

This boards joker was simply responding to your earlier assertion ...
    Davey Devil said
    WE NEED ANOTHER MOD. It's as simple as that.

You clearly expected something to be done immediately.
    whosurpaddy said
    tell me ecksor, if another board had posted here and requested another mod, having already done as much research into who they wanted as we have, would you have been so quick to appoint yourlsef said boards mod.

If they were as gung-ho about it, then of course. I don't know why you think I view your board specially. My lack of knowledge about the Pro Wrestling forum means that a decision will (and should) take more time, not less. I haven't seen anybody here that I'd fancy working with as a moderator either, and as I already said you have to consider how bombidol, the moderator you'd be working most with, would feel about me appointing someone without consulting him or about the person being appointed not having a little bit of patience to wait for him to investigate the possibility of getting a new moderator. I sent him a message soon after this thread was started to get his feedback and he responded quite quickly. Now I think you should wait a few days.

I agree completely with his comment that this thread has been most enlightening.

For the record,
    crash_000's post here summed up my impression quite accurately.

As admin I can respond to problems on the wrestling forum anyway, but adding myself as moderator means that I will get any 'report this post' complaints which might ease some concerns and lower the response time if bombidol isn't about. I suggest you make use of that if necessary. I actually did start reading all the threads on that forum also since I set myself up as mod.

I'm really very sorry if people took my first couple of comments as an attack upon their favourite sport, I always thought it was one that didn't take itself too seriously. I can see now that you take many things very very seriously indeed.

Guys, we're all going around in circles about this, and i'm pretty sorry that i suggested getting in a second mod as i had no idea something that in theory, a simple request, would result in such chaos!

Let me state that I was happy for a second mod, period, regardless on if it was me or not, to be instated on the pro-wrestling board. We got that mod.

I didn't mean that ecksor didn't know what a spoiler was, this was already explained in a previous post anyway i think, but the main spoilers for a wrestling show usually come out on a tuesday morning and a thurdsay morning, now i know ecksor isn't the biggest of fans out there and hence i was merely pointing out that fact. I wasn't questioning his ability to be a moderator.

But it seems when anyone brings up a valid point regarding pro-wrestling or the board, most of the people on this thread responded with ":rolleyes: " or something, which is pretty ignorant in my own honest opinion (which i know now, doesn't mean jack, in fact it appears that unless you're a mod or an admin, nobodys opinion means jack! I'm not saying that IS the case, i'm just saying that's how it appears to be). So far, all this thread has been is a joke.

Asking for yet another poll when two polls were already made did seem a little unreasonable in the eyes of some, and to be honest, i wouldn't have partaken in one as i had been in two of them already, and i genuinely don't think a third one would have made any difference.

We weren't looking for immediate action ecksor, we were looking for some sort of positive step, I knew you were a boards admin ecksor, but i was one of the few on that board who did. So naturally a lot of questions were raised when they saw your name up. Some took it rationally, others didn't. But that didn't stop the majority of people on this thread taking the piss all the same.

And thats what this thread has turned into so far, a long running joke. Yes, it's an entertainment that isn't meant to be taken seriously, however when we're getting muppets left right and centre with daft posts on the forum, and having a moderator who isn't there most of the time to do anything about it, then it has to be taken seriously. And had anyone else in here been in the forum for the last two months or so, would know exactly what we mean, which is why we suggested a second one.

I'm not angry, nor pissed off with anyone here, i'm just fed up of the subject being treated like a joke by the majority of people on this thread, it's getting boring, stupid. And for those telling the PW forum posters to grow up, how about practicing what you preach.

As for me, i'm the one who got the most amount of votes in both polls, probably as a lot of the guys in there got to know me over the last while obviously feel i'm a fair guy that won't go overboard on a powertrip and can keep the board clean. But if it's gonna be so much hassle to join the "elite" that is the moderators. I think i'll pass.

Nero
    (thank you for asking)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Knowing about a sport doesn't make somoene a good mod automatically. I mean look at the soccer mods, they are probably the best mods going and they know nothing about soccer, one of them supports Liverpool FFS ;)

Seriously though, I think something that looks very concerning is that it seems a small group of posters for a particular forum has bandied together to demand such and such actions, I'm not saying that what happened, I'm just saying thats how it looks. It just doesn't work like that, sometimes I wish it did but it doesn't and nothin we can do about it.

Just because you guys are a core group of posters doesn't mean any of you are best suited to mod. How impartial will you be when some of yor mates start flaming a hapless newbie who comes on? Will you warn or ban them?

At the end of the day its admins choice and I doubt your protests have endeared yoursleves. Its also bombidiol's choice too, he's going to have to co-mod with anyone else and sometiems that doesn't work well, so its important for him the right person is picked.

And as for mods and admins being elite? I don't think so, if anything its the opinions and ideas of the small group people who aren't in the small pro-wrestling mod-appointment committee that come across as elitist. Of course, I would say that :rolleyes:

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Guys, we're all going around in circles about this, and i'm pretty sorry that i suggested getting in a second mod as i had no idea something that in theory, a simple request, would result in such chaos!

Look back, the wrestling users were the ones pushing and pushing. We're not going around in circles (although I think you might be), sorting out the forum has been progressing at normal speed since soon after the first post on this thread. We just haven't been giving you regular updates on progress.
    But it seems when anyone brings up a valid point regarding pro-wrestling or the board, most of the people on this thread responded with ":rolleyes: " or something, which is pretty ignorant in my own honest opinion

I've done it twice because the previous poster has completely missed the point of what they were responding to.
    Asking for yet another poll when two polls were already made did seem a little unreasonable in the eyes of some, and to be honest, i wouldn't have partaken in one as i had been in two of them already, and i genuinely don't think a third one would have made any difference.

Who asked you for another poll? They must have been pulling your leg.
    We weren't looking for immediate action ecksor, we were looking for some sort of positive step

And what exactly would that have been a demonstration of that to you? I took the only positive step that seemed immediately open to me and I got a lot of crap for it.
    But that didn't stop the majority of people on this thread taking the piss all the same.

And thats what this thread has turned into so far, a long running joke.

I think you have only yourselves to blame ...
    Yes, it's an entertainment that isn't meant to be taken seriously, however when we're getting muppets left right and centre with daft posts on the forum, and having a moderator who isn't there most of the time to do anything about it, then it has to be taken seriously. And had anyone else in here been in the forum for the last two months or so, would know exactly what we mean, which is why we suggested a second one.

I'm not saying you don't need a second mod or that such things don't need to be dealt with. There is a difference between coming on here and saying "Guys, I think we need a new moderator" and "Guys, we've made a decision and we'd be much obliged if ye could implement it for us in the next 20 minutes or so, thanks".
    As for me, i'm the one who got the most amount of votes in both polls, probably as a lot of the guys in there got to know me over the last while obviously feel i'm a fair guy that won't go overboard on a powertrip and can keep the board clean. But if it's gonna be so much hassle to join the "elite" that is the moderators. I think i'll pass.

Well, all I can say is that I won't appoint you as moderator. That's purely based upon my dealings with you on this thread which is the only time I ever recall having anything to do with you.

Great! We can both sleep better at night then! :)
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Been out for the whole day and I missed all the fun. I'd admit I went abit crazy about the situation - the reason for this was I thought Ecksor was taking the piss by appointing himself as co-mod - I now know after reading his posts that this is not so and it is only a temporary measure.

At this stage I would like some information from Ecksor about the current status of appointing a new co-mod - timetable of events, steps to be taken - who's involved in decision that sort of thing. The longer it gets drag out and the less we communicate the more confused the situation will get. Also Nero I hope you don't drop out of the running - you are the popular choice of the majority of the pro-wrestling board posters and hopefully this will all be sorted out soon.

I look forward to hearing your response Ecksor + anyone else who is willing to help out.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

FFS.

Yes, very informative. That's the type of feedback I was looking for thanks alot.

FFS.

In fainress Ecksor, I reckon he's joking, he has to be joking... really... noone could be that hard to get through to, really...honest....has to be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if your looking for a mod for the wrestling ill do it. i love wrestling. woo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

dont these lads know that Wrestling is fake and rigged so basically everyone knows who is gonna win already? Therefore there is no such thing as a spoiler.

This is a candidate for the best thread i ever read. I work in Ticketmaster and when the tickets for the wrestling went on sale recently, the lads in work and I were wondering how 20+ year old men can watch and be interested in Wrestling so seriously. I now know. Because they have the mental age of a twelve year old boy.

We need a mod. Do it now.

Me arse lads, me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

the way i see it is everyone for there own . if ppl like it (like i do) why should it bother other ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

can i just say this without ppl snapping at me... the type of comments by Draupnir are what nero was talking about pre spoilers. we don't go on other boards and mock what they like and if we did we'd probably get banned for a week or something. ppl did go the wrong way about appointing a mod and tbh it doesn't matter to me anymore. ppl are so annoyed though because the week past did contain the biggest spoilers of (for the most part) the next six months. Which is why ppl are frustrated but still they acted in the heat of the moment (as did others in this thread). So i think if we have arguments like this and nothing is done about it then they happen again. Maybe ecksor should think about this, (as i said i gave up caring and i'm not going to tell you how to do your job)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Skud
    we don't go on other boards and mock what they like and if we did we'd probably get banned for a week or something.

i want to second what skud has just said, there have been many people posting here, for no other reason but to try to get a rise out of the wrestling boards regulars. but aparently their intentions are so well masked that they have gone unnoticed by anyone in authority.

and ecksor I say this without meaning to stir up the emotions again, but comments like
    FFS.

and.
    :rolleyes:

are hardly helping the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Originally posted by Skud
    we don't go on other boards and mock what they like and if we did we'd probably get banned for a week or something.

When you say we are you refering to all the posters in Pro wrestling ?? Do you speak for them all ?

I had to ban a Pro wrestling poster a while ago from GAA cause he flamed GAA and the sport its self. I dont think this has any reflection on Pro Wrestling and its posters.
    Just the muppet that did it.

Pro Wrestling has a unique skill for Drama and it seems to me that its rubbing off on you guys too.

you guys are making a royal rumble out of a single fall -no title match up. ... Whats next ? Ladders, chairs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by Draupnir
    dont these lads know that Wrestling is fake and rigged so basically everyone knows who is gonna win already? Therefore there is no such thing as a spoiler.
    Did you even bother to read this thread to find out what a spoiler actually is? A spoiler is something that SPOILS your enjoyment of something. A movie is fake but you'd be frustrated if someone told you the end of it wouldn't you? It's got nothing to do with fake or not.
    This is a candidate for the best thread i ever read. I work in Ticketmaster and when the tickets for the wrestling went on sale recently, the lads in work and I were wondering how 20+ year old men can watch and be interested in Wrestling so seriously. I now know. Because they have the mental age of a twelve year old boy.
    You 'work' in Ticketmaster do you? Do you laugh at everyone that comes in to pay your companys extortinate booking fees (that keep you in a job)?
    Sounds like you and 'the lads' belong in behind the counter in McDonalds.
    We need a mod. Do it now.
    Me arse lads, me arse.
    Is this the arse you quite obviously talk out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

**Shakes head**

its all turned into a slagging match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

its all turned into a slagging match.

no it hasnt, Beaver face...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Speaking as an impartial observer, here's the impression I get having read the whole thread:

Regular posters from the wrestling forum asked for something quite simple and straight-forward in a perfectly civil manner. However, ecksor decided that the request could have been posed more meekly to him and therefore has decided to drag his heels as much as he can about it. From my point of view, it looks like he resents anyone being bold enough to disturb him.

My suggestion to you guys would be to find somewhere else to have your discussions. You're obviously not subjugated enough for this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i suggest yorema as mod.

or ronaldo7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Draupnir

And wrestling isnt about the wrestling anymore. Its about the story.. which shockingly enough is good entertainment.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by IrishRover
    Speaking as an impartial observer, here's the impression I get having read the whole thread:

Regular posters from the wrestling forum asked for something quite simple and straight-forward in a perfectly civil manner. However, ecksor decided that the request could have been posed more meekly to him and therefore has decided to drag his heels as much as he can about it. From my point of view, it looks like he resents anyone being bold enough to disturb him.

My suggestion to you guys would be to find somewhere else to have your discussions. You're obviously not subjugated enough for this place.

There is a bridge ove rthe hill with some nice Billy goats you can terrorise, perhaps under your usualy username.

Perhaps you'll refer bakc to the initial thread where certain wrestling posters said they would cause a riot if they didn't get their way.

More to the point, maybe ecksor and bombidiol didn't like anyof the choices put forward for mod. In which case it makes sense to wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement