Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the problem with the chatroom?

Options
  • 29-03-2004 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

That silly dialogue box where you sign-in won't come up!

What's the problem? Is it a techie-glitch?

Uggggggg very frustraiting....very frustraiting indeed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

That's been happening to me for months!!
    That's why I don't go in there anymore.
    I'll go off and try again now......
    xm

Nope. Still nothing.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Ah you're missing out dear. I'm in there now!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Heyaz,
    This happenes to people once in a while. It's normally something to do with your web browser. Do you see just a grey panel or is there an "x" or something shown in it?

Do you see the Breaking News scroller on the front page okay? And the Phantom "What's Hot" moving text thingy?

One thing to try first though (it solves most of my problems): do a full refresh of the page - hold down the CTRL key and hit the refresh button.

Cheers!
    P.

It's just grey for me. I can see the other things though.
    Will try refresh later when I'm home, have tried it before though, but will give it another go.
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Try using firefox instead of IE. login comes up fine for me,only the proxy is blocking the connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

It could be a proxy / firewall issue, alright. Are ye trying to access this from college or work? If it's your home PC, that shouldn't be an issue if you're just on a modem.

Home.
    Sure t'is probably better that I can't go in anymore, I spend enough time on the internet as it is. Now if I had the option of the chatroom.....then there'd be a serious problem. :rolleyes:
    xm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Use the Berkeley one instead ;)
    *ahem*
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~dregin/irc1/irc.cgi
    *ahem*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

But it's just so much effort dregin :(

Ok I'm in now. It's easier following that link than all that complicated stuff you put up on the website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

May have been my silly laptop - wonkie piece of crap that it is.... Just kidding - it's the best $4000.00 that I have yet to pay for :)

I'm just happy that the problem worked itself out.... I get so little time in the chatroom - for reasons that do not need exploring at this juncture ;) and thus hate - okay loathe, when I can't get into it for some techie reason.

So, alls well that ends well!

Advertisement