Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering .com domain

Options
  • 29-03-2004 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

When I go to register a .com on the blacknight web page it asks me for a load of details.
    Are these for blacknights purposes or will these details be available to anyone through whois e.t.c ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

I presume you are referring to http://blacknight.ie/domainregistration.php
    The details you enter normally are displayed in the WHOIS details. However, if you would prefer to remain anonymous we also offer an addon service for domain registrants called "ID Protect".
    Basically this allows you to completely hide your real details via a third party service. The cost for this is €15 per annum ex-VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Yes that's what I was wondering thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

I bought a .com domain recently through blacknight .... csnmc.com

The URL redirect works fine but I want to use URL Frame and i'm having trouble getting the URL Frame to work.

This is the homepage i'm redirecting to http://www.iol.ie/~csnmc

Have a look over the documentation when you are logged into the domain control panel. Most of it is fairly self-explanatory.
    If you are still having problems please email support@blacknightsolutions.com with your login details as well as details of what you are trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

If blacknight doesn't send paper invoices or otherwise contacts you by post, or uses credit card address verification then scant WHOIS information will suffice
    John Smith
    Dublin
    IE

In fact I have seen many false addresses like
    Peter Pan
    Neverneverland

But whatever about postal addresses be careful to include your real email address.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by vector
    If blacknight doesn't send paper invoices or otherwise contacts you by post, or uses credit card address verification then scant WHOIS information will suffice
    John Smith
    Dublin
    IE

In fact I have seen many false addresses like
    Peter Pan
    Neverneverland

But whatever about postal addresses be careful to include your real email address.
    ICANN is not bound to respect your rights to a domain if the registrant information is not correct and kept up to date.
    If you wish to register a domain through us and try to do so with the example information above we would refuse it.

Advertisement