Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

godskitchen and the sunday world

• 29-03-2004 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

did anyone read the absloute crap written about godskitchen, it just got me so mad reading it. this jouralist is obviously trying to make a name for herself so i wont even say her name. complete and utter daily mail style scare mongering. i cant belive what she said this will put into serious jepordy any future dance events due to this reporters inaccruate reporting.

it definately will jepordise are chances of getting the elusive creamfields and homelands.

here is a link to mr springs web site showing what they said. i would like to congratulate all the people on the mr spring site for completely taking apart what this journalist said

http://www.mrspring.net/update.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Originally posted by spanner

it definately will jepordise are chances of getting the elusive creamfields and homelands.

no dude.. spiralling insurance costs and draconian licencing laws and the decline of the commercial dance music scene all mean that there will be no homelands [a moneyloser over here because it was never on during school holidays and had lineups put together by people who knew what they were doing] or creamfields [a **** buzz because it was always on two weeks after the leaving cert and was wall to wall teenage culchie chicks with mitsubishi tattoos].

this journalist will just jeopardise your chance of your parents letting you go to the next godskitchen. dont worry. the people who decide wheter or not creamfields comes over or not are not the sort of people who read the sunday world. they are cream's bank manager and accountants and theyve made their minds up already i'd say... as for homelands, dream on.... just remember that for the price of five two night tickets plus camping for oxigen [5 x €130] or whatever way those c*nts wish to call their sh!te whiny indie band in expensive field sickfest you could hire a generator a van and a 2.500W sound system, have plenty of change for drugs and buckfast, print up 5-600 flyers, park the whole lot in a forest and hae a hell of a lot more fun than you would with some alien culchie trying to stick his fingers up your arse to find your pills.

D I Y :thumbsup:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I read the article myself back whenever it was printed,and I also found it rather odd that the reporter appeared to insinuate that after it was over she somehow had contact with some of the young pill monsters grappling with a comedown. Did this bird go back to some pillheads house and watch his toilet practices? Or did she tell him to ring her up Monday afternoon so she could detail his toilet habits for publishing in a national newspaper? Because you know that anyone who lives with their parents(i.e most of the godskitchen attendees)would be more than happy to contribute to an article which claimed that a vast majority of the clintele were pilled off their heads. It may well be true,in fact it’s a near certainity,but who the hell wants their oul pair reading that?
    Newspapers try to make their point frequently by using “sources”,in reality made up names which are used to push the journalists point. Its even more common in broadsheets like the indo than the tabloids. I recall some drugs write up in the indo maybe a year ago went something like
    “James is 24 and from a working class Dublin family. He first started smoking when he was seven,stealing cigarettes off his parents. At 10 he was inhaling gas,at 11 he was a regular drinker and at 13 regularly smoked cannabis. At 14 he was using ecstasy and before his 18th birthday he had become a user of cocaine, crack and heroin”
    I swear that is basically the wording of the article. Now think about it this way. If this guy was 24 in 2002 or 2003 he was born in the late 1970s. From what Ive heard cocaine was the rich mans drug until the late 90s. Expensive,rare stuff. So a skanger had easy access to it before he was 18? As for crack cocaine,its only starting to take off with junkies lately. Apparently in the early 90s in Ireland it was virtually non existant. So this reporter either struck it lucky by finding Irelands first working class coke abuser and our first crack addict,or they were talking out of their arse to make their point. The Indo is as much of a rag as any Sunday tabloid.

I dont think it will harm any dance events in the future. The cops know well that any big dance event is going to attract a large amount of yoke users. Every large music event brings with it large scale drug use.
    BTW that article has advertised it as a great place to pull,I know loads of people going to the next one whenever its on:D Myself included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Originally posted by [cm]tyranny
    no dude.. spiralling insurance costs and draconian licencing laws and the decline of the commercial dance music scene all mean that there will be no homelands [a moneyloser over here because it was never on during school holidays and had lineups put together by people who knew what they were doing] or creamfields [a **** buzz because it was always on two weeks after the leaving cert and was wall to wall teenage culchie chicks with mitsubishi tattoos].

this journalist will just jeopardise your chance of your parents letting you go to the next godskitchen. dont worry. the people who decide wheter or not creamfields comes over or not are not the sort of people who read the sunday world. they are cream's bank manager and accountants and theyve made their minds up already i'd say... as for homelands, dream on.... just remember that for the price of five two night tickets plus camping for oxigen [5 x €130] or whatever way those c*nts wish to call their sh!te whiny indie band in expensive field sickfest you could hire a generator a van and a 2.500W sound system, have plenty of change for drugs and buckfast, print up 5-600 flyers, park the whole lot in a forest and hae a hell of a lot more fun than you would with some alien culchie trying to stick his fingers up your arse to find your pills.

to true but we got to do with what we have got. i know everyone is saying dance music is dead with 6 to 6 gone on the saturday nites but the last creamfields was well attended so i still have hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

so well attended in fact, that cream made so little money they declared theyd never return to ireland again for a festival

Originally posted by Helix
    so well attended in fact, that cream made so little money they declared theyd never return to ireland again for a festival

really, well thats a shame. still i remain the optimist. i think that around the country dance music is on the hasnt decrease as much. people used things like south in tramore in waterford as a reason for the decline in dance music. but south was a little to ambitious for its time.

P.S. helix did you used to post on the mauro picotto site?

• Advertisement

this journalist will just jeopardise your chance of your parents letting you go to the next godskitchen.

i would like to see my parnets try, i am 22 and i dont live at home

Originally posted by spanner
    really, well thats a shame. still i remain the optimist. i think that around the country dance music is on the hasnt decrease as much. people used things like south in tramore in waterford as a reason for the decline in dance music. but south was a little to ambitious for its time.

P.S. helix did you used to post on the mauro picotto site?

yes i did

and i hope creamfields never comes back to be honest, coz it was brutal

Originally posted by Helix
    yes i did

and i hope creamfields never comes back to be honest, coz it was brutal

i wouldnt go as far to say i hope it would never come back something is better than nothing, but it definately didnt live up to my expectations i was only getting into dance music at the time and it was the only really large outdoor dance i have been to so i couldnt really compare it to anything else. but subsquently i have realised it wasnt great. mauro i guess was the biggest let down for me, most of the big name save lisa lashes really didnt preform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

seven small soundsystems in a forest or field with a varied lieup from all over the country two thousand people and no gardai, organised for free by word of mouth > creamfields imo...

going to a racetrack with half of templmore's finest sons and some skinhead bouncher shoving his dirty hand down some thirteen year old chicks knickers to find her "drugs" before subjecting her to commercial identikit sh1te from forty-odd eyebrow chewing uk hardhouse dj's = not my idea of fun.

seven small soundsystems in a forest or field with a varied lieup from all over the country two thousand people and no gardai, organised for free by word of mouth > creamfields imo...

if you can get this organised or know someone who does tell me and by jesus we can get the ball rolling quern fast

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

There's always raves going down in places,
    Helix is palying at one on Good friday, its called RTS.
    If Helix wants to post more info about it here he can!

im not playin at it any more, but its on somewhere between balbriggan and skerries

lineup is:

paul allen
    adam marry
    brian richardson
    paul webster
    marcus dunne

i think

go if you want, if you dont wanna go i dont care

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh helix, what happened?
    I saw you were playing last I was lookin forward to techno being played last!
    :(

theres a slight chance i may be doing a drum n bass set at the end b2b with paul allen

how yea gettin down pete?

i live in balbriggan lenny

lol

Advertisement