Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking Ban - Should it be extended to the North?

Options
  • 29-03-2004 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

from the bbc
    Ireland stubs out smoking in pubs

The long-awaited and controversial smoking ban in workplaces in the Irish Republic came into force at midnight.

If customers are caught smoking in pubs, restaurants and other enclosed workplaces, proprietors will now face fines of up to 3,000 euros (£2,000).

As the South bans smoking in public places - should the North follow suit?

Smoking Ban - Should it be extended to the North? 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 5 votes
    Dont Care
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Well, it would make sense. Smoking really should be banned in all public places, no matter what the country.

I don't think smoking itself (in the home/whatever) should be banned though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

DEAR GOD NO !

As it stands, I can nip across the border to Newry, Forkhill, Jonesboro to have a pint accompanied by a ciggie, should I so wish.

Downside: Beer in Newry is manky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

ABSO FOGGIN LUTELY!

Im in Dublin and its absolutely class for the majority of pub goers (non-smokers)

I went into this bar last night, and i noticed the roof for the first time because normally its covered in smoke. Plus you come out smelling the same as you went in, unless you piss yourself, or spill beer on your person.

Plus the beer tastes nicer when its not poisoned by smoke!

(P.s. the roof actually was interesting because there were historic sporting pictures all over it)

Advertisement