Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP hose connection - howto?

• 29-03-2004 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I've been looking around for a nice gauge for my stage cylinder. I like the sunnto, easy to read and nice an compact. But it doesn't come with a short hose, as far as i know anyway...

So what i was thinking was either buy a guage with a short hose or i could get the short (6inch) hose seperately and attach it to the guage, after removing the longer hose ofcourse. So is it easy to replace the hoses on guages?

If anyone has a few pointers...or just a warning to never do it then let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

A few options :cool:

1. You dont need a gauge on your alu stage.
    Its a little bit negative when you start the dive. When it is 1/3 left it will start to rise behind your arm/sholder and if its empty...you have not planned your dive or seen a great white. You will offcourse have the reg. pressurised but the valve closed before use so any gassleak is not an issue here.

2. Get a pair of goggels with prescription glass so you can see your miniature gauge that you have already.

3. I would consider buying a 300 bar not the 400 bar gauges for use up to 232bar. Easy to read and more accurate. The Uwatec Master Gauge and Halcyon SPG are great gauges both are made of brass and have good glass. Beacause you are using it on your deco bottle you can use the cheeper plastic gauges since you dont have to be worried about the gauge to be compressed at greater depths. The suunto Suunto SM-36 SPG (up to 360 bar) is a good buy for 36 GBP with 33" hose. And buy a 6" hose to replace it with. The extra High pressure hose is great to have in your "save a dive kit" when your or your buddies High pressure hose someday will "explode". :eek:

I would be jetstreamly careful not to drop the gauge on my toes while dismantling the pressure gauge from the long hose.

Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Originally posted by NordicDiver

1. You dont need a gauge on your alu stage.
    Its a little bit negative when you start the dive. When it is 1/3 left it will start to rise behind your arm/sholder and if its empty...you have not planned your dive or seen a great white. You will offcourse have the reg. pressurised but the valve closed before use so any gassleak is not an issue here.
    I think this is called the hairy ass diver method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by Mick L
    I think this is called the hairy ass diver method.

His hairy ass is the last thing i need to see when i'm on a dive.

I think i'll be buying off the shelf on this.. www.agir-brokk.com have the short hose guages that look functional. Assuming the shipping costs aren't too high they get my business this time around.

I tell ya, diving requires a wallet which prints its own money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

www.agir-brokk.com

Make some fantastic equipment i must say (they are swedish so i cant use it offcourse :) ) .They are a bit pricy but you get what you pay for here. A lot of DIR pupils from scandinavia are using Agir products insted of Halcyon for better prices and same/better quality. They are aiming for the DIR/Technical market and are doing very well in scandinavia so you will not get stuck on parts in the long term if you buy from them.
    They will send you the prices in a pdf format.

How did you find them Peace, are you looking up DIR sites on the net ?

Ps : The Norsemen and Vikings had diffrent Gods for the sky, the thunder, the wind, the earth and the sea. For the ocean it was AGIR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭dublinbay

Bit late on this but I have 6inch hoses. Jan is spot on re the plastic faced guages for stage bottles. The Uwatec Master guage is available in Germany. I`ll see if I can get the web address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭dublinbay

Advertisement