Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media bias

Options
  • 29-03-2004 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Media Bias

Two boys in Boston were playing basketball when one of them was attacked by a snarling Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy ripped a board off a nearby fence, and beat the dog until it broke-off the attack and ran away, yelping.

A reporter from the Associated Press witnessed the incident and rushed over to interview the boy. The reporter began typing on his laptop, beginning with the headline: "Brave Young Celtics Fan Saves Friend From Jaws Of Vicious Animal."

"But I'm not a Celtics fan," the little hero interjected. "Sorry," replied the reporter. "But since we're in Boston, Massachusetts, I just assumed you were."

Hitting the delete key, the reporter began again: "John F. Kerry Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Dog Attack."

"But I'm not a Kerry fan either," the boy complained.

The reporter said, "I assumed everybody in this state was either for the Celtics or Kerry. "What team or person do you like? "

"I'm a Houston Rockets fan and I really like George W. Bush," the boy said.

Hitting the delete key, the reporter began again: "Arrogant Little Conservative Bastard Savages Beloved Family Pet."

Advertisement