Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks RAW Spoilers to be put here!!!

• 29-03-2004 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Ok guys,
    As per usual, can we all throw RAW spoilers and related this week in this thread and this one only so that the fun isn't wrecked for everyone?

Thanks,
    Nero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I got 1/6 on that someone will post a spoiler outside this topic in the next 12-24hrs (nice odds :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Probably will and all, but we still have to give it a shot all the same.
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Ok well this week's RAW was basically all about setting up for Backlash.

Shelton Benjamin defeated Triple H by pinfall in perhaps the biggest match of the night. Wonder where they're taking this?

It was then announced that the main event at Backlash will be a rematch of the WMXX main event: HHH v Benoit v Michaels. Original!
    Christian and Jericho will also meet again.

Edge will return to PPV action against Kane, as punishment for spearing Bischoff last week.

Foley will finally get his 1v1 with Orton. Not only will the Intercontinental Championship be on the line, but Evolution will be banned from ringside and the match will have Hardcore/Street Fight Rules.

Benoit and Michaels almost won the tag team championships. They pinned Flair but the ref (Johnny Nitro) deemed him not to be the legal man. They then got disqualified for punching him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's good to see Shelton Benjamin getting a push. He is an awesome athlete and was very under-rated beforehand. I think it was a good idea to split him from his other half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

on a side note, who the hell is jonny nitro? i remember a wcw ref i think he was called jonny boon or something? same guy.

oh btw on a referee related issue did anyone notice tim white refereed the jericho christian match at WM. nice to see him back and getting through a full match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

who the hell is jonny nitro?

He is also Johnny Spade or Johnny Blaze!
    Johnny Nitro is his new name this week.

I think he is some guy that won tough enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

backlash potential spoiler
    The triple threat match is been considered to become a ladder match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

Anyone else see Shelton Benjamin possibly joining Evolution? Think he would be a good fit with the group.

They could do an angle where Triple H gives applauds him for beating the game and says only the best beat evolution and only the best are a part of evolution inviting him the opportunity to join. They could have it go back and forth with a will he wont he join type thing (like they did with DDP and the Red NWO) and then have him either join or not by superkicking one of the members starting a feud. Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by dlofnep
    It's good to see Shelton Benjamin getting a push. He is an awesome athlete and was very under-rated beforehand. I think it was a good idea to split him from his other half.

I'm curious as to why Cripple H will put over Shelton Benjamin, but he draws a double DQ with Guerrero the week beforehand?

Who's booking these days?!
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

After raw went off the air from prowrestling.com:

Scott E. sent us the following recap:

I attended Raw last night at the US Bank Arena. After the show ended, Triple H got on the mic and called Shelton Benjamin back to the ring for 5 more minutes since his win was a "fluke". Triple H and Ric Flair prepared to jump Benjamin until Stone Cold's music hit, and he came down the ramp on the four wheeler.

Austin circled the ring, and Triple H told Austin to go back to the dressing room like the coward he is. After teasing an entry to the ring, Austin drove back behind the curtain. Then, Triple H asked Benjamin to amateur wrestle The Nature Boy. After Flair told Benjamin that he'd make his skin a "few shades lighter by riding him around the ring," Benjamin got on the mic and told "Toucan Sam" and Flair that they couldn't be trusted.

Flair and Triple H then jumped Benjamin, but he started to fight them off with a nice superkick on Flair and low blow on HHH. Then Austin's music hit, and he came back down to stun Flair and The Game. Austin drank some beers and asked Shelton if he needed a beer. Benjamin began drinking and was quickly greeted with a Stunner. Benjamin made his way up the rampway and a smiling Austin tossed him some more beers and toasted him from a distance.

The show closed with Stone Cold and Lilian Garcia chugging some beers and riding around on the four wheeler.

All in all, I felt it was a quality show with a pretty live crowd.

The link is here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by smiaras
    Poor old benj is going to get buried next week, anyone remember when maven got his mini push?

No offence, but I hope your not right.:)

I always liked benjamin

Maven did not get a push. He drop kicked the Undertaker and that event was far too hyped anyways.

Shelton's push is far more promising. His last few matches on Smackdown showed that not only:

(a) he was the more promising athlete in "the world's greatest tag team",
    (b) wwe knew this and asked charlie haas (who is a good wrestler in his own right), to job for shelton.

Secondly; to give him a victory over HHH (who until recently made the WWE title and his reign look long-winded and dull), proves that WWE are willing to give new talent a shot and re-write their previous storylines and talent runs.

Agreed. I think WWE are giving Shelton some weight so he can have a worthy IC run. And then there is Edge, what to do with this guy? Give him an IC run or send him straight into the World title basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i would rather see a flair benigman 30 minite submission match like angle and benoit had, these two are grate wrestlers, proably the reasion hhh jobed to him, beating eddie or eddie beating him on raw would be a wast of ppv money down the line ( i know they are on diferent brands but they may face some day)

edge for a run with jerico, christen, storm, bengimun, tijary, randy and so many others before the champ (who hopefully will be benoit)

Advertisement