Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 13: Proving Ground

• 29-03-2004 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

If you missed the episode here is a detailed Epsiode Guide Thanks to StarTrek.com

What did you think?
    I enjoyed it, i do like Shren/Wayun he is a good actor. It does show that the Andorians are interested in a Earth/Andorian alliance possibly leading to a Allaince against the romulans (like we talked bout in the other topic biz)

It advanced the Xindi plot allot and that was good. we saw a more advanced version of the Xindi weapon.
    Its nice that it stays real with cursing.
    Why didnt they just cancel the arming sequence when the andorians jetisioned the weapon?
    Good and predictble ending. Makes you wonder if it was Shren or your woman (that female andorian i cant remember her name) who sent them the data on the weapon

7/10

Rate This Episode 8 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    12% 1 vote
    Ok
    87% 7 votes
    Bad
    0% 0 votes
    You wasted 45 mins of my life and i want them back
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeap enjoyed that episode and glad we show some more of the andorians.

i also like jeffrey combs and enjoy the episodes he is in, and then reed and the andorian kinda getting it on

i also think it bodes well for future andorian/earth alliance after some initial bumps such as this and we know it is required for the formation of the federation.

i agree with bizmark that they should develop the andorians as a race and the more advanced tech of the andorians which they seem more willing to share could be indicative of the development of star fleet in the early days of the federation.

this episode did well to advance the plot though i don't know why they felt a massive need to recap and i liked archers punch good effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I liked the Ep combs is a top class actor and owned the screen.....The andor ship what a design really retro looking very nice Andorians seem a perfect race to devolpe....thought they do seem to be rampant racists and some what untrustable but i guess they where trying to defend their homeworld from vulcan.Archer did the stupid thing in blowing up the weapon and badly damaging the andorian ship its clear andor isnt afraid of fighting even vulcan so earth would seem to be noting to them.....Very dangours to brutally attach their capital ships.

Also im kinda wondering how the fed will be built .....Andor hates the vulcans and the vulcans don’t get involved in the rommie war so no trust would be gained their hmm.Plus combs brings up a good point why hasnt vulcan helped its "allie" vulcans seem to be totaly useless as an allie tbh

I don’t like how earth seems to be the weak link in the federation threeo it’s always assumed earth was the top race now it seems they have the worse tech and the smallest fleet hmm
    :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

told you earth was a loser planet :)

We are primtive back then...
    (bet that sentence confused you)

but we will be strong if we can bring the other races together which is undoubtedly what we do, we just don't build the tech side to the table but as has been mentioned our development has been rapid, how long was it mentioned that it took vulcan to get as far as we did?

something i meant to mention, was it intended for enterprise to pick up those scans of the weapon or not, where they slyly sneaked to them, or slyly picked up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

sneaked to then but we dont know by who, it might have been Shren or elce the female andorian

• Advertisement

we just don't build the tech side to the table
    Or a decent fleet by the looks of it......**** out goes Earth as the orion arm super power to be replaced by andor/vulcan :dunno:
    how long was it mentioned that it took vulcan to get as far as we did?

Took them hundereds of year's to break warp 2 i think vulcans are more backward that us tbh

The scans where more than likely send to enterprise by combs .....He was only ordered to **** over earth he is a honorable man by the looks of it

yeah i wasn't sure about whether they were meant to get it or not, originally i thought they sent it like that on purpose but then i wasn't sure which i thought kept things nice and ambiguous

Shouldnt of attacked combs ship bad mistake it will breed disturst among andor and earth

i think there would have been enough distrust already and that it could be shrans own fault for calling what he though was archers bluff and he could have ejected it 10secs early which meant he could have been 10s further way, no one to blame but himself tbh and i don't think shran will hold it against him

They only robbed it to protect their planet .....which is understanable Vulcan seems to be a total tit of a planet crap allie and they seem to be very war like

• Advertisement
Advertisement