Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer speakers?

Options
  • 29-03-2004 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

wanted to get some snazzy new speakers for the computer...good quality ones for listening to music and radio stations, not gaming. we have the standard ones that comes with dells (altec lansing) at the moment so want to upgrade, but haven't a clue where to start....are creative ones any good or what? (and will they be compatible with our sound card - soundmax digital audio?)

thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have JBL creature speakers... expensive at £83 Sterling.... and only 2.1.... but they sound rather good.... I could get an optic out soundcard and go into my Sony 5.1 Amp..... it too is expensive at £300 Sterling

John

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You could go coax - the Soundblaster Live can do that!

With regards to speakers, the creative inspire series might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Here's mine: Altec Lansing 5100 Enhanced 5.1 Speaker System at the bottom of the page. Really good sound and very snazzy! Have a look around the website, some good speakers and good prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Lidl have some excellent speakers in this Thursday's special for 29.99. Check the bargins forum for more detail !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have these - Logitech® Z-680 - they are the best speakers i have ever heard. full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I have the Trigue 3300 2.1 from Creative I'm very happy with them, they can be very loud really amazing considering the size of the speakers!!! :):):)
    Let us know what you get and are you happy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Got these in germany. They are excellent. Excellent sound for music not so good for games though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks for the recommendations guys...can i use these with my existing sound card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Originally posted by eclectichoney
    thanks for the recommendations guys...can i use these with my existing sound card?
    Is that Sound card an onboard sound card or is it a PCI sound card? If it's a PCI sound card then it should have the relevant connections for speakers. If it's an onboard sound card, you can use the existing connections such as the mic and line in/out for the speaker cables. The user manual for the sound card and/or your new speaker system will tell you how and where to connect the speaker cables. Hope this helps. BTW, how much are you willing to spend on new speakers and are you going for 2.1 or 5.1 etc?

Advertisement