Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bon jovi

• 29-03-2004 9:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Anyone like bon jovi.after 20 years and over 11 albums several number ones bon jovi are stilll going strong.as a die hard bon jovi fan i was wondering does anybody like bon jovi and what are your favourite songs?anyone seen bon jovi live?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

i have seen bon jovi live in concert now three times and they where the best concerts that i every witnessed.i saw bon jovi in the RDS twice for the crush and on e wild night concerts,i saw the bounce concert in new jersey.

my top 10 favourite bon jovi songs are:

livin on a prayer
    you had me from hello
    the distance
    these days
    something for the pain
    all about loving you
    mystery train
    born to be your baby
    you give love a bad name
    keep the faith

favourite albums would be crush and bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lofto

not for all the cheese in france................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BonmahonHammers

Yes i found a Bon Jovi fan!! A proper Legend, seen him 3 times, hes class live, My Favourite song has to be In these Arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i was a fan in my early teens.. they're **** now tho...

by the way, bon jovi are a band not a person

Originally posted by BonmahonHammers
    Yes i found a Bon Jovi fan!! A proper Legend, seen him 3 times, hes class live, My Favourite song has to be In these Arms

the first time i saw bon jovi live was the crush tour in RDS.it was spilling rain with thunder and lightning.i managed to get up close to near the stage.they started playing lay your hands on me and these huge big imflatible hands popped up on either side of the stage.it was amazing.they played all my favourite bon jovi songs bar one.Then i knew that it was coming to an end when jon started singing put your hands up and shout.the place was electric,the whole place jumping.thenwhen it ended a massive roar of thunder was heard and lightning and fireworks where firing all over the place.in a recent interview jon bon jovi and richie sambora where asked what the best gig ever was.they said it was either the bounce tour in giants statium or the crush tour in the RDS.

what do you think of the recent stuff?

this left feels right isnt very good,except for maybe the distance and i'll be there for you.i thought that they ruined there classic songs by changing them.maybe im just saying this because i like what the classics like livin on a prayer and you give love a bad name.

bounce was a good album but they have gone wrong since.hope they release a new album in the next year or two that has new songs and not the best of /songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 BonmahonHammers

When i first heard the new album, i just got the impression that the band were starting to run out of ideas, by re releasing old stuff. By doing this i tink they have ruined some great songs, especially Livin on a prayer, on first listening i didnt really like the album, but like all their albums they have a tendency to grow on u, several songs have improved imo, such as Wanted Dead or Alive and Its my live, so heres opening that they can hit back with a new album soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

Bon jovi possibly the oldest band to ever think they were young!!!

Listen to some real bands like The Strokes, The Chilis, The Frames etc.

Iv also noticed that whenever Bon Jovi is in a film he plays a drunken lout wots that all about!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭9lives

I've always admired Bon Jovi's staying power but I would never consider myself a fan.

I went to see their gig in the RDS last summer primarily to see the support act, Live. So of course I hung around to see the main act ... and I was suprised - it was very good! Few too many starchy ballads, but as an Aerosmith fan I can hardly have a go about that.

If it wasn't for the likes of BJ, Aerosmith, Def Leppard and other great rock bands from decades past, there would be few enthralling live acts in music. Oh and The Darkness of course!

- 9L

do you think all the band members of bon jovi ,jon,tico,david,richie would be good solo.i have jons solo album destination anywhere and its not to bad i also have richies 2 albums,david bryans and ticos solo albums,there all ok but not great.i think that without jon bon jovi wouldnt exist and with out richie it wouldnt exist either.i just think they are ten times better together than solo.I am saying if Bon Jovi break up i am saying that jon and richie would do best but not as good as they would together.what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

hey, hows it goin.. i'm lainey and i'm a newbie here.. i love bon jovi but was more of a fan in the early years..

born to be my baby is a class song alright;) ww)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I started out not liking Bon Jovi, but my other half is a hugh fan and I've ended up seeing them live about 4 or 5 times and they are one of the best live acts I've seen. We have all their albums I think. The audience at the Bon Jovi shows are amazing singing every song. They tend to play a little heavier live aswell. I thought that the songs on Bounce worked better live, where they played them heavier. I think the recent stuff is ok.

I still wouldn't say they are one of my favorite bands, but they are good rock band.

I don't like the The Strokes or the Frames. Never heard of the Chilis. Who the heck are they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Can you say C.O.C.K R.O.C.K? :D

anyone think mystery train or the the distance are good songs.
    i think there fairly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

I'd have to say my favourite song is that one written by the same guy who writes Britney Spears songs

Originally posted by leonotron
    I'd have to say my favourite song is that one written by the same guy who writes Britney Spears songs

Yah what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

The Chilis would be the shortened name for The Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

oh yes Bon Jovi, have seen em three time myself, 95 was the first one, great concert, then i seen them a couple of years ago, went in early with my sister and a mate, queued very early but was worth it to get to the front bar, concert starts and the heavens open, thunder.. lightning the lot, but nobody gave a fuck, was an amazing concert, soaked to the bone rockin my ass off

legends

Originally posted by Dr. Dodger
    oh yes Bon Jovi, have seen em three time myself, 95 was the first one, great concert, then i seen them a couple of years ago, went in early with my sister and a mate, queued very early but was worth it to get to the front bar, concert starts and the heavens open, thunder.. lightning the lot, but nobody gave a fuck, was an amazing concert, soaked to the bone rockin my ass off

legends

Was there myself. Huge thunderstorm, amazing backdrop to the concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

oh no look at what im doing

jbj3.jpg

jbj4.jpg

jbj5.jpg

the rain gig, great night

i was there myself that night.
    great concert!
    jon was outstanding
    nobody wanted it to end
    one of the best concerts i ever saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Bon Jovi are an excellent band and are still going.
    Ive seen them 4 times (twice this year) and I cannot wait for the next tour!
    Their most recent album Have A Nice Day is a great album and Id def recommend it. I went to the Milton Keynes concert in June and they just rocked. I had a brilliant night.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭irishbucka

bon jovi are the best live band on the planet. i have seen them 11 times. 6 in dublin,5 in london. the only one album i think is average is the bounce one but that was written and recorded after 9/11 so it was kinda a political album.the rest are excellent and i think they have evolved their music to stay relevent today but they remmber where they started.
    even though there the best live band, they are very underrated by the critics.
    my favourite jovi song is these days followed by its my life and dry county but this lists changes from time to time. this summer richie sambora has a new solo record out and there is another jovi album due out early 2013. cant wait for both and hopefully there will be another tour too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Wow! Is that a record for a zombie thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭irishbucka

Wow! Is that a record for a zombie thread?
    it just goes to prove bon jovi's staying power i suppose.:):) sorry im a newbie here. you wouldnt know what else i will unearth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

irishbucka wrote: »
    it just goes to prove bon jovi's staying power i suppose.:):) sorry im a newbie here. you wouldnt know what else i will unearth

I'd put the archaeological kit away for the moment:p

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement