Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would this work?

Options
  • 29-03-2004 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

would it be possible to bring a friend computer down to my house and network them and then both of us play battlefield online with them with my one broadband connection, 512 down 128 up?

and i presuming this is possible i would need a second cd key would i?

cheers

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Networking wise, that'll work, though you might want to lower the rate down to 64kISDN in the setup screen. I've done it myself with no loss in performance.

And yes, you'll need 2 cd-keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'd be a networking noob of the highest order now, what setup screen is this?

hmm data thinks of ways to obtain a second cd key.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

just go into the connections option and bridge the connections should work a treat

i eircom's netopia modem connected via my ethernet but my friend has an ethernet hub is that all i would need and the modem could go into my computer via the hub is it?

yup should do lad, of course make sure you uninstall firewall software or anything thing that can screw it up

• Advertisement

k roger that, this probably won't happen for ages, my friend just happend to mention today would broadband support two people gaming and i thought it would no bother which sparked ideas and such

aldo nice system your running it on, im currently running a xp3000, u know how far that would go in overclocking? using a coolermaster jet 7 to cool it ,5 fans 2 in 2 out one on the side of the case.

very good overclocking guide here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138583&highlight=overclocking

i reckon you'll easily get xp3200+ out of it (and probably more) if you have a motherboard which supports 200mhz fsb and some pc3200 ram

if you have a unlocked barton, lower the multi quite a bit and up the fsb following that guide, upping the vdimm and vcore as necessary.

with regards to cooling you have a load of case fans but i haven't heard good things about the jet 7 tbh thats the silver one iirc, however just keep an eye on your load temps i try to keep em under 50c and run prime 95 for stability testing.

i have my vcore at about 1.75v as well to give a stable overclock, anywho you goal should be to find the max fsb you can run it at and then up the multi. i think you current multi is at 13 however don't just expect to increase the fsb to 200 with that high of a multi :) you'd be doing well to have a chip that could do 2600mhz on air with low vcore

good luck any questions fire em my way

data

Advertisement