Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband installation prob!

• 29-03-2004 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

got the eircom broadband today, should they have given me a password or should i continue using my old internet account password?

got this when trying to connect:

==== Checking LAN Interfaces
    Check Ethernet LAN connect : PASS
    Check IP connect to Ethernet (LAN) : PASS
    Pinging Gateway : FAIL
    Check MAC-Bridge connect to Ethernet (LAN) : PASS
    Check USB LAN connect : PASS
    ==== Checking DSL (WAN) Interfaces
    Check DSL Synchronization : PASS
    Check ATM Cell-Delineation : PASS
    ATM OAM Segment Ping through (vcc1) : PASS
    ATM OAM End-To-End Ping through (vcc1) : PASS
    Check Ethernet connect to AAL5 (vcc1) : PASS
    Check PPPOE connect to Ethernet (vcc1) : PASS
    Check PPP connect to PPPOE (vcc1) : FAIL
    Check IP connect to PPP (vcc1) : SKIPPED
    Pinging Gateway : SKIPPED
    ==== Checking Miscellaneous
    Check DNS- Query for netopia.com : SKIPPED
    Ping DNS Server Primary IP Address : SKIPPED
    TEST DONE

anyone know whats causing the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You gotta get a password from Eircom.

Cal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Question along the same lines.Yesterday I received my modem from eircom etc,rang for the password but have been told Im not due to be switched on until 2-4-04(this Friday).
    Do eircom usually keep to this date???Or am I in for a long wait.A friend of mine has said that Im probably already switched on at the exchange but how do I know that I am???
    Im going to install the bb tonight and if it turns out Im not switched on then will I have to install everything again????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You won't have to install everything again, just set it up...if your DSL line has not been enabled at the exchange then just leave it alone and wait. When they issue you with your username/password just input it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ring tech support they can tell you whether the exchange is switched on or not, also if you get the dsl synch light on your modem when you hook it up that is a good sign, i rang tech support when i was getting set up and they set yes your line is fine enbabled ready to go etc.

rang sales looking for username and password, they said you line is not ready, i said tech support told me to tell you it was fine, give me my password, sales ok but it might not work, me i'll take my chances, happy days online

• Advertisement
Advertisement