Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A new contender for worst character evar! (still has to appear on tv)

• 29-03-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

No, you're not the only one.

Plus the character's name is Eugene. I've heard some people speculating on whether it might be a complete pisstake on internet fans or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

No, not that it was a rib on fans, but that the actual character will be an exagerrated spoof of internet fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Does anybody else smell a rehash of the hillbilly jim/ godwinn type character???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

whos nick dinsmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Yeah I heard about this It does sound really bad!Nick has been in the WWE developementals for quite some time and only recently he has been the call to the main roster.Hop0efully It might not be as bad as it sounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i think this is grate

not this caracter because i havnt seen him yet so cant judge, but the fact that they are putting caracters back in wrestling, like cena was f all till he got a gimick (although the rock nearly drouned with his first gimick) at is important it gives us a reasion it care about a caracter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by smiaras
    Oh god, even worse...although I bet Vince will get a great laugh out of it, its a shame though cause I reckon it'll bury this new guy. At least he won't be remembered for wearing a jock strap on his head.

I wouldn't bet on that, i still have nightmares of Kurt Angle with the wig and head-set. Rick Steiner on nutri-system!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

Click on the link and go into the superstars page and you will find a bio of nick dinsmore as well as alot of other talent we will be seeing in wwe in the future.

http://www.ovwrestling.com/

He seems to have a pretty good look and physique dont know why he needs a stupid gimmick like this. I get the point that people need a good gimmick to get over but surely the creative heads can come up with something a bit better.

The character will have no longevity people will bore of it quickly ~(can u see a guy playing a stupid character like this holding a strap). There has to be a line between a gimmick and "gimmicky". Something which is gimmicky has no longevity where as a gimmick is something which is unique about that particular wrestler and helps to identify them from everyone else. Case in point would be John Cena who because of a good Gimmick is at the moment standing out from the rest of his peers and getting noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Don't be so sure that people will bore of the gimmick quickly, Geroge 'The animal' Steele did alright for a long time in a 'simpelton' gimmick.

This kind of character needs a manager to really work though, does he have a playa card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

his bio says he likes movies and his favourite one is something about mary...

Don't be so sure that people will bore of the gimmick quickly, Geroge 'The animal' Steele did alright for a long time in a 'simpelton' gimmick.

Point taken but its not the 80's anymore and we have had the era of "attitude". Fans wont be so willing to accept this type of gimmick. Are we now going to have the era of Spa-ttitude (sorry that was probably in bad taste)? Just cant see this being a good career move for a young talent with promise like Dinsmore. He will forever be the guy who played the simpleton just like George Steele was always the simpleton with the hairyback and green tongue. Fans dont forget these things.

mankind was a simpilton and he got over in the attitude eara and hurrican has a bad gimmick but still pulls it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I'll be honest nearly any gimmick will work if handled correctly. He is well over with the house fans using this gimmick from all reports. If it gets him on WWE TV and gets him good exposure and a chance to show his skills it could be a very good thing for him.

Kurt Angle had his time of being dim (Remember the straw hat and ukelele?) and people seem to have forgotten that. Cena wasn't always the 'Docter of Thuganomics', Glen Jacobs was a dentist before being Kane, my point is that gimmicks change and this gimmick could get his foot in the door.

Even if Steel is remembered as the 'simpleton with the hairyback and green tongue', he is remembered. Many good wrestlers fell bt the wayside that where never heard from at all.

hurricane does pull off a bad gimmick brilliantly, but how much better would he be with a good gimmick. he was king of the wcw cruisers as sugar shane helms. crying shame draft:
    he wasnt moved to SD in the draft

I suppose at the end of the day its about the performer and what they can do with the gimmick. Helms is a great performer and he plays his charecter very well so i suppose if the same transpires with dinsmore and he plays it well he could have some success with it. I hope he can pull it off cus if he cant he will be back in OVW before he knows what happend.

do spoilers not become nullinvoide after the show has aired
    that spoiler about hurracan happned 2 weeks ago and i wrote something about sd after it aired and it got changed to a spoiler

whats up with that

spoilers are a bit of sensitive issue atm, and it only takes a sec to include em, so its not like its a major hassle. theres always the chance that someone hasnt seen the draft show yet.

this kid is doing raw house shows so it looks like thats where hes going

• Advertisement
Advertisement