Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen Cover..

Options
  • 30-03-2004 8:50am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a car with a cracked windscreen that I need to get on the road for my fiance. If I take out windscreen cover on this (moral people cover your ears) could I leave it a month, call them up and say "Oh dear, tis cracked" and get it replaced? Would it affect the premium? The car is a jap import and it's an absolute b*llocks to get a windscreen. Costly too.

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145055
    HTH but bad for everyone in the long run I suppose.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They charged be three grand to insure a starlet. Not exactly radiating sympathy here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I understand that Mark, and I woudn't have any sympathy for the insurance companies either - that's for sure. It's just that the theory is that fradulent claims push up the premiums for everyone. I'm not judging you. I know the thought would occur to me also. It's hard to lead an honest life when everyone else seems to be on the take! :dunno:

In contrast, I very much doubt that taxes would come down just as soon as everyone pays what they ought to. I also doubt that the government really wants everybody to stop smoking as this would leave a large revenue deficit for them to find elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Starlets have a bad rep with insurance companies here now due to the large amount of Jap import Starlet Turbos and Glanzas.

Advertisement