Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard disc with Ipaq?

Options
  • 30-03-2004 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to connect a hard disc to the SDIO slot, or sync connector of an Ipaq?

I want to build an MP3 jukebok for my car, and thought of using my Ipaq 1940 to control a HD to achieve it. I have seen the PCMCIA interfaces with the older, bigger Ipaqs, but that won't work with the newer models.

Thanks,

Ro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Most iPaqs have some way of connecting a CF card to them which would allow you to use a micro-drive !

Haven't heard of a hard disk for the ipaq as yet other than this.

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

My ipaq does not have a CF slot, and I'm looking for something bigger and cheaper than a 4GB CF card.

I wonder if the expansion cradles for the bigger Ipaqs could be modified to connect to mine?

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

you will be looking for the poket pc mass storage USB driver, it's freeware:

http://www.deje.gmxhome.de/software.html

what pocket pc device you got? youll need a usb cable for it, once you can get one id advise one of those nifty usb cradles for laptop drivers.

Advertisement