Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viet-Navan gone.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The 32 man server is the replacement by the looks of it

It has the greeting "welcome to this server hosted by iol" and i have admin/mod access to it

Whats the problem ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

could it be that I'm a bit of an eeijet?

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    could it be that I'm a bit of an eeijet?

I said it before and ill say it again ......Your lucky your a good polit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

nah - thats a different server Nog.

ok, i think thats what rev has been saying, old server gone, new different bigger server in new location.

and yes, the word eejit fits nicely here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

its back now in ase though i think its a physically different server, 1000mhz instead of 933mhz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea, server itself is better spec, although all on the same connection to IOL/Esat network I assume.

I will be joining later, going out for a bit soon. Was on earlier but nobody was there :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant seem to find it with ASE.
    Anyone got ip please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

193.120.123.133:27015

I see it in ASE but I'm getting a Data differs from server error when i try to connect :dunno:

I just tried that ip Kaimera and its showing up as a counter strike server.

its def up cully as im just off it, just do search from ingame menu for 'viet' and update, thats how i found :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The server is on games4.iol.ie and yes the port is a halflife one, the DCu guys asked if I would move it to that port.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

A few guys were asking me where you were last night Cully!.
    They must have missed your 'copter skills.:).
    I know I didnt miss them.
    The sooner I get my BFG to work in BF 'nam your 'Copter flying days are over sonny-boy!...Or I'll try out some Kamakazi moves on you!.

DemonBaby/Nemesis

They must have missed your 'copter skills

LOL i wish.
    Karma,Darkireland come to mind for copter skills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

Just been on the server and my ping has gone to hell, averaging 400-500, now in ase it's showing up as 9999!!! I'm getting pings to UK and Europeean servers of 30-60???? Anyone else have problems, or any ideas/solutions???

edit: ping now back down to 50-60........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    the DCU guys asked if I would move it to that port.

Makes me want to live on campus with that loverly gigabit network to HEAnet. Wonder what sort of pings you could get then, might be in the minus numbers. Good to see the server back, nice game last night with the 10 of us or so, wearnt many foreigners about.

Originally posted by Dcully
    LOL i wish.
    Karma,Darkireland come to mind for copter skills :)

Karma is better at avoiding trees lol i get a bit carried away so time i dont notice the large solid objects :D .....I can kill him most of the time in the air though :ninja: what do you expect though i mean he's 30 reflexes aren’t good anymore poor lad :p

I wouldnt be able to play for a while :( my main pc is gone up to elara again

hehe biz

next time I see ya on when yee get that PC of yours patched up I will have a couple huey rockets with your name on it :D

hehe biz

next time I see ya on when yee get that PC of yours patched up I will have a couple huey rockets with your name on it :D

Meh i think where better as a team tbh we can dominate the air with a single Huey one flying and doing ground attack one shooting down enemy helios and jets with the Machine guns :)

good fun

yeah, that was a good night that, no one was safe in the air hehe.

Advertisement