Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thrills to play Phoenix Park

Options
  • 30-03-2004 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

The Thrills have just been added to play with Pixies and the Chilis at Phoenix Park.
    What is the world coming to......:rolleyes:
    xm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ba oom bop didi

Thrills bashing is boring. Theres nothing wrong with them apart from the fact that they dared not to spend years playing shi-tty venues in dublin. id watch em ahead of the chillis no problem. the production is excellent on their debut and its got some great tracks, its not perfect but it is good. but the songs are all about america and he sings in an american accent i hear you say - so what its what there into, its good escapism, sun is good, bitterness is bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

well she never said that...though they aint my cuppa tea.i think whats she more pointing out is that its a very unusual line up.the chillis the pixies and the thrills are so different from each other.in fact the only thing they share in common is the word "the".
    perhaps a band like the frames (glen=irelands biggest pixies fan) would be more suitable. in fact wouldnt be surprised if they got added to the bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

That would be just too much to take!!!

Not that im going to that heap of shoyt.

Is it sponsored by Q102?

'Phoenix Park Lite'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

i hate the way they sing in american accents and talk in an annoying southside drawl. their music is a total rip off of the beach boys. but you gotta admit they are good for catchy stuff and their album is actually well writen

a lot of bands rip off the beach boys, e.g the high lamas (cant remember how to spell that), apples in stereo, teenage fanclub, supernaturals,bmx bandits. think of it as a homage not a rip off, :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yea, I did mean that it's a weird as f*ck line-up. I reckon that The Thrills being added is going to bring in a totally different crowd from the ones there to see The Pixies and the Chilis.

As it happens though, I do dislike the Thrills, quite a lot. Imo, there's only so many times you can reproduce one song, but they seem to have made an albums worth of it. And harmonies won't always change that. :rolleyes:
    xm

cool, i think ur genuine in your dislike for the band but with others its just a dublin thing, lets all dislike the band that worked hard, had a plan and are doing what they love. its only dublin where ul find this attitude towards em. i mean who they think they are being so succesful and all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Other bands like teenage fanclub may rip off the beach boys to but they do it well the thrills are so bloody boring i heard the hype about them then when i heard their debut single I thought is this is. the lead singer always sings with his head at a slant as well looks like a muppet.

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    Other bands like teenage fanclub may rip off the beach boys to but they do it well the thrills are so bloody boring i heard the hype about them then when i heard their debut single I thought is this is. the lead singer always sings with his head at a slant as well looks like a muppet.

lets not forget that teenage fanclub were written off by large sections of the media as a big star tribute band! when they first started.

Advertisement